• 777 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3356 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survival games kit - Enchanter

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by IsWater, Nov 20, 2019.

?

Should this kit be added

1. Yes

10.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  3. Good idea, needs work

50.0%
  1. Survival games kit: Enchanter

Start out with 2 bottles of XP

Get an additional level of XP when killing a player

When killing a player have a 35% chance of getting a level 1 enchant on any gear in your inventory and a 5% chance at level 2 enchants

30% Chance to find a Enchanter Compass instead of a tracking compass, Tells you the location of a enchant table. 10 second cooldown unlimited uses.

Have a 10% chance to get a second enchant or a upgraded enchant when enchanting something in an enchantment table

I don’t think all of these things should be in one kit but I do think that if an Enchanter kit was added these would be inside of the kit. -IsWater

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    kim_crazy likes this.
  2. What is the cost? Getting enchants for just killing a player is also op. It doesn’t look like you put that much detail into this kit and it’s not that balanced. Exp bottles are technically useless considering that you would get an enchant if you kill a player. SG already has a lot of kits and I do think it needs more because most of the kits are already unbalanced. Overall I need more detail on the kit but it’s too op already so I’ll be giving this idea a -1

Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 20, 2019
  3. As pokyvessel said, the kit looks way too op, especially about the enchants that you get every kill, maybe if the chances of getting them were lower it would be good and all; the compass idea isn't a bad one and same for the 1+ level every kill, but overall the kit seems too op, so it's a no for me too

Posted Nov 20, 2019
  4. Lol, I had some flashbacks when I found out that you guys are discussing Suvival Games. I remember buying "Necromancer" kit and my fifth point was burning very much. Don't get me wrong, like Survival Games, but being killed by YOUR OWN SKELETON ARMY isn't the best experience I had on Mineplex. I mean there were may cases when the prefered to attack ME instead of my enemies, even if they saw THEM(enemies) first.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
  5. What???? Are you talking about the kit?

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  6. I like the overall theme of the kit and the agenda you have going, I'm not going to discuss the specific numbers as those can be looked into and changed for the better whenever. I just wanted to suggest that this kit should not be an addition but rather a replacement for a current kit that is unbalanced or not used as much. SG has a lot of kits currently and just adding more kits does not improve upon the game, so I would disagree with adding any new kits but good replacements I'm always in for. Of course, rebalancing current kits is also great, so combining the balancing of current kits and kit replacements to make SG better would be a better plan in my opinion.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
  7. This kit suggestion has a bunch of ideas, but none of them would necessarily work for any full, new kit added to the gamemode. The ideas are either too underpowered to the point where they become redundant and useless or are too overpowered to even warrant further discussion without requiring many other changes in many other areas of the game.

Two bottles of exp in Survival Games is pretty useless considering you're guarnateed two additional levels per kill regardless of how much exp you have before (exp bottles scale in difficulty depending on how much exp you have, so they're pretty useless when compared to getting kills for exp). Plus, two exp bottles would barely give you level 1 in most instances, and the required level to have to enchant an item in SG is 2. This would, at best, give you 1-1.5 levels per usage, but all that would do is offset your exp until you find more exp bottles, and this wouldn't provide any significant advantage to you.

Another ideas was the Enchanter Compass, which is a very interesting idea and I would like it a lot if enchantment tables themselves worked differently in the game. Currently, enchantment tables that were placed on the map itself prior to the chest system Mineplex was added to it (which makes a small percentage of the chest datapoints chosen to turn on in a game into an enchantment table) will remain on the map permanently. This system allows players to memorize locations of enchantment tables fairly easily since each map has a few permanent locations. Unfortunately, the way enchantment tables work in SG makes this ability fairly redundant and unneeded since memorizing the permanent enchantment table locations would be much more effective than utilizing this ability. Like I said, I think this is an interesting idea if the permanent enchantment tables were removed from all maps and made to spawn randomly through the chest system because it would give this kit an actual advantage in that area, but I think the overall negative reception from a removal of all permanent enchantment tables (especially on maps like Kikoshi Islands that have 4 permanent enchantment tables at mid) would far outweigh the supporters of this ability.

The thing that really stands out from the other abilities of this kit to me is the fact that it'd have a fairly high percentage to enchant a piece of your gear upon killing a player. This, to me, would fundamentally become the most overpowered ability in SG history. On Mineplex, the knockback a weapon deals is corresponds to the amount of damage a weapon does. This means that alongside a damage advantage a player receives when enchanting a sword, they also receive an advantage in pvp because they will deal more knockback to their opponent than they will take. This, in turn, results in much easier combo maintaining for the player with the enchanted weapon. Anvils are also not features that every map has, and even on maps like Riverton Castle, you're unable to combine two weapons for a higher-leveled enchantment. This means that if you get a sharpness 2 sword through the use of this kit, the maximum amount that any player would be able to counter with is a sharpness 2 golden sword through a very lucky enchantment. Considering that the enchantment you'd receive through this kit would go directly to your sword, it means that technically each time you swing is a usage of your ability. This essentially means that an ability that directly affects another player in a very harmful way has pretty much zero recharge time, and that would make Enchanter become the most unbalanced kit in the game.

Overall the kit itself needs a lot of work. The two extreme sides of the kit both need to mild down a little bit before realistic discussion of balance could really be had. I personally don't think a kit focusing directly on the enchantment aspect of the game could work in really any capacity on Mineplex because of the aforementioned reasons. It's an interesting idea though, and I encourage you to think of other aspects of SG that don't necessarily have a kit to help enhance right now!

Posted Nov 20, 2019
  8. Hi!

I do not see this being added in.
    35% chance on getting a level 1 enchantment for just killing a player? Too overpowered, since this would make people win the game easier with enchantments. Plus, getting a level of EXP each time you kill a player is also way overpowered. If you kill 3 players, it would mean 3 levels of EXP, which means you can get a level 3 enchantment (I believe so).
    Also, like @rqil said, 2 bottles of EXP is pretty useless. If you would make it spawning with EXP bottles, the 2 would have to be raises up to get people actually wanting it.
    Overall, I just don't see this as a good kit. Most people would buy it because it's overpowered, or people would not buy it because you only get 2 EXP bottles.

Have a good day/night!

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  9. Hello,

This is a nice suggestion you've made with many different ideas. Having the enchantment compass, percentages of getting a level 1, 2 & 3 enchantments on gear in your inventory. But this needs to have a bit more thought to it as stated above by @Knazamn, a 35% chance of getting a level 1 enchantment for killing one player does seem a bit too overpowered as you could instantly get a huge advantage over other players by killing a couple of players and it can make the game unfair.

This kit doesn't need to be added but it's a nice idea, +0.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  10. Honestly they just need to nerf the axeman, barb, and horse kits...way too OP and most kits are unbalanced. These discussions have been in place for so long but nothing is ever done so whatever ig. Cool concept for a hit but I would agree with what a few others are saying. Its too op or not good enough; if you balance some of the things you stated i think it could honestly be a somewhat balanced kit.

Posted Dec 6, 2019