• 976 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5311 Players Online
  • 4335 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survival Games/Hunger Games

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by SmokeyCobYT, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Hey, so I was wondering, has there ever been a hunger games type game on mineplex? I feel like it would be a great new gamemode for after bugs are fixed. I'm not talking about regular hunger games though, I'm talking about a different version of it....sort of like a twist you might say. Idk what that twist may be, but I do feel that mineplex should make it something different. I was thinking that after a certain amount of players that are left (like 4-6) should all go into an arena like the old gladiators gamemode, where there are 1v1's between each person, and if you survive the first round, you get healed completely and go against the next person, until a winner is decided. This will add a twist to this game that many games do not have. I can not see many problems atm as this creates a fair 1v1 system for players good enough to last out everyone else. One problem I might see is that players on mineplex tend to be nooby, and will most likely camp all game. Because of this, I suggest not making maps too big, or you earn a certain amount of gems/shards for killing a certain amount of players. Although this is just a suggestion, I recommend Mineplex fixes some bug still in the game and maybe some other things before working on this or any other new gamemode planned. I do look forward for a brand new gamemode that the devs came up with, and would definitely take that idea over this, but it would be cool having a hunger games type experience on Mineplex.

Also fix snowballs please they move WAY too slow thanks :)

Edit: If you have any suggestions for the twist, as it's better to have a non original gamemode with a twist than just a copy, leave a reply

I already posted this in bedrock games, so sorry if you have to see it again but i was told to put it here :)

Posted Sep 25, 2020
  2. Hey!

I don't really play bedrock at all, to be honest, but I believe I saw somewhere that recently it was removed because not enough players were playing it. As for your idea, I think this was a while ago but they used to have a deathmatch mechanic where all the remaining players were spawned into the spawn area and needed to fight before the border closed it. They don't do this mechanic anymore, on the Java server, and the player is usually just pushed into the center and forced to fight.

I'd have to disagree with the gladiators aspect of it because, and I'm not so sure of this on Bedrock, but there already is a gamemode like this in Java servers. But like I've stated before most Hunger/Survival games usually have a border that is closing in that prevents players from camping and prolonging the game; so that would solve that issue.

Like I've said I'm pretty sure that Survival Games was recently removed from Bedrock Servers and if that is the case, sadly, I don't think it will come back soon unless there is suddenly a high demand for it.

Posted Sep 25, 2020
  3. yes, but I did hear that on bedrock they also closed it due to bugs such as the kb being not fixed, and the invis skin glitch, and map glitches, but most if not all of those are fixed now, so i feel like it can make a return now. Also I do think pushing players toward the middle is a good idea, but then it'll be same as most other survival games, which is a problem mineplex seems to have a lot, but i understand why.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 25, 2020
  4. SG was removed along with quite a few other games a couple of months ago back when the lobby updated. It probably just needs to be fixed and updated. Hopefully that’ll be sooner than later because the bedrock dev has done a great job at pushing out updates.

Posted Sep 25, 2020
    SmokeyCobYT and xGetSpooked like this.