• 1043 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9481 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survival Game Maps!

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by JCG, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Hey all, I play SG a lot and it is one of if not my favorite game on the network! I see many other games get new maps frequently in the Map-Changelog chat on the discord. Many of the games that get new maps are not heavily map reliant and what I mean by that is games like speed builders, sky wars, turf wars and many others are not heavily effected by the map they are being played on. Although it is amazing to see new maps being brought out in these games SG hasn't had a new map in a very long time. SG maps are extremely large builds and I totally understand that they can take a very long time to create. My intentions with this post is to start a conversation about the SG maps and if anyone else feels the way I do! That all being said I understand the Build Team decides what builds they want to create but would love if some more SG maps were able to be created <3 What is everyones favorite SG map? I'd have to say mine is either Fallout or Shattered Kingdom!

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    Poal likes this.
  2. Hi JC. I totally agree with your point. Survivals Games is in need of new maps and there’s only a handful of maps that the players who play this game can use. I also think that if SG was to have new maps, more players would play the game to see the new maps and overall the player base could potentially grow. To answer your question, my favorite map would have to be Fallout or Tropia.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    Poal likes this.
  3. I totally agree with the player base potentially growing due to adding new maps! It adds something new and exciting to old, current and new players who play on the server and Minecraft in general! I am also a fan of the Tropia map, I think its build is so beautiful!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 25, 2019
    Poal likes this.
  4. Shattered Kingdom, oh and I'll be getting back to working on my Moon Map I'm making for SG (I was getting a little bit of builder's fatigue.)

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  5. I have been playing Survival Games for a long while and a ton recently. It is by far the best gamemode that Mineplex has (despite the numerous bugs it has). Out of all the maps my favorite used to be Fallout but has switched to Kikoshi Islands. If I had to guess it would be the map I have the highest win-rate on. I love the architecture and map layout. Having the semi-secret chests on top of the map is also very helpful for gearing up early game. You just have to be careful not to get stuck in the water near end game because players can trap you in there until border kills you.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  6. Hey buddy!

Survival games is in my top two favourite games and I have been playing it for years, and have seen multiple maps implemented and removed. I do agree with you that Survival Games could definitely benefit from some new maps to freshen things up. I really like the current maps they have for the game-mode, I think they all have lots of detail and have been thoroughly tested by the Map Testing Team before being released.

Perhaps there have been minimal or no submissions from the public for SG maps, and the Build Team may be busy reworking and building new maps for other game-modes so maybe that is why we haven't seen some new maps recently. I am all for seeing some new SG maps, I am sure that the Build Team are working on something, it's just a matter of time before it could be announced. I hope we see some new maps for SG soon!

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    JCG likes this.
  7. Survival games is also my favourite game mode and I would love to see new maps get added. However, I don't there will be. Back when I used to play in 2015 Mineplex used to average around 10-20,000 players. Obviously that meant that all of the game modes had a lot more players in them too. More players also meant that Mineplex was earning more money and could afford to dedicate time to making new maps. I've not personally seen more than 150 players in Survival Games at any given time which makes me think that there is not enough players to warrant a new map being made. Maybe if more people were to play Survival Games they may decide to make new maps. But then again, you could argue that not many people are playing Survival Games because of the lack of maps being created. It's definitely a tough decision and I think a large poll would have to be made to see whether creating new maps would actually be something that the majority of players would want.

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    JCG likes this.
  8. I totally agree with what you're trying to say here. It would be a much better addition if the server were to add more maps to the Survival Games series. Obviously this would cost a lot of time and money for the maps to be made and to organise the builders but still i've been playing survival games for a while now and the maps seem to start getting boring and i've always wished that there was going to be an update for this.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    JCG likes this.
  9. I love Survival Games and I agree that the same maps over and over can make the game feel a bit stale. It would be nice to see at least a couple of new maps added, but you're right that those take a long time to create. I've felt in the past that maybe the build team feels more pressure to create builds that are smaller since there are updates on the network in regards to maps so frequently. I can't be positive that that is the case but seems probable from a player's perspective.

However, you can also create your own maps and submit those that you want to see. For a Survival Games map, might I suggest that you find some friends to help that also want to see more SG maps on the network. With being so large, a group of people can greatly reduce the amount of time that it takes to create.

Posted Sep 2, 2019
    JCG and Jango_55 like this.