• 303 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4989 Players Online
  • 4686 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

"Survival Down?"

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by ItsMeTanish, Apr 21, 2022.

1. "Server 14 down?"
    "Survival server down"
    "why is server 6 down?"
    "Server-3"

If you visit the forums regularly, I am sure you have seen similar threads with titles like the ones above for a long time now. It is sad to see issues with the Survival servers at the moment, but what is sadder now is that there is no notice regarding the issues anywhere, whether it is in-game, on Forums or even on Discord. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes, whether it is being worked on or not, and I am not even asking to let us know EVERYTHING that is going on behind the scenes, but we need to be informed about something that can't be fixed for a long time. Surely it can't hurt to inform us about something like this, right?

Posted Apr 21, 2022
  2. RIP, our Mineplex Survival YouTubers

Posted Apr 21, 2022
  3. Well, a lot of Bedrock players are younger and probably wouldn’t fully understand or process the technical reason for why the servers go down. I personally also don’t think a notice would be that effective because it would just end up getting buried after a while anyway, and imo I think it’s more proactive to just communicate with players as they ask or are concerned about it and tell them what we tell them already (that some servers go down sporadically, and a staff member may request it to be brought back up asap) when they bring it up.

It’s not really a Survival-only issue as well, but other games too. So the most we can do is just let concerned players know that it’s a bug and that the servers are unstable at times and that we can request for them to be brought back up. I do hope that the issue will be fixed though, potentially with the new infrastructure that is being worked on for Java (not 100% on this though, but I’m pretty sure the server issue is a big backend problem that gyro can’t fix as a front-end developer) and confirmed to be ported over to Bedrock when everything is finalised and working properly on the Java server.

Posted Apr 22, 2022
  4. It does get annoying after a while when I have loads of people asking me to get them into survival

Posted Apr 22, 2022
  5. They don't need to understand the technical reasons, just use simple words. As easy as that.
    I can guarantee that at least 60% of the younger players don't know how to use chat, let alone ask each other what is up with the servers. Even if anyone does ask in the lobby, unless there is a mod or other players who know what is up, they are most likely to not receive a response from anyone.
    Well for other games you can just spam the NPC and eventually you will get into a game.

I know that the new infrastructure is going to be ported over to Bedrock, but again, it is going to take a while (at least 2 months from now, if they are fast enough) for everything to be stable.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 23, 2022