• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6158 Players Online
  • 3268 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Superflat Idea

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by SkibityPop, Dec 6, 2019.

1. So as you may know, Mineplex was funky and everyone spawned in a superflat world. Everything was chaotic and ruthless, with spammers, no anti-cheat or chat regulation.
    Now at first if this stuck it would be really boring, but I think it would be cool to have a big superflat world. I have seen many times where servers just break down and players are able to escape spawn into the superflat world. Eventually, players will find villages, then go to the nether, end, etc. And they could do everything you could do in a normal world but it would be flat. Whether it be create far-out bases, communities etc, it would be really fun. I know this may sound dull at first but if you have had this happen before and took the time to play, it would be really cool. Also a lot of players would enjoy it simply because of it's goofy-ness.

Don't think this idea would much praise but let me know what you think of this. :) :bedrock:

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  2. Yes but make sure there’s a filter, anti cheat, and moderation

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  3. Thread Moved to New Game Discussion

I'm not too sure about this. Personally, I'd find it to be pretty boring over time. It its essence, it's essentially a survival multiplayer on a server except with a flat world. Over time, SMP gets to be pretty boring in my opinion, so having it be on a flat world would be even more boring to me, so I'm not sure how many players it would be getting overall, especially when we already have Clans which seems to be a pretty similar idea to this.

Next up, I personally don't see this eve getting put into place. When this happened, it was extremely hard for us staff members to deal with players spamming, esbeisly swearing, being rude, etc. This would only be amplified if we were to make it into a game without an anticheat, as hackers would go wild and it would essentially be a rule-breakers paradise, which none of us want since the entire purpose of a filter and an anticheat is to get rid of those nasty rule breakers.

Finally, I really just am not too sure about the entirety of vanilla on a server that is dedicated to mostly mini-games. I would personally find it to be out of place and appear to be strange in our server since we are not dedicated to SMP or Vanilla mechanics. In the end, I really don't think it would work out all too well.

Posted Dec 6, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  4. Hello,

This is basically a game mode called "Survival" but it's with a super flat world, I'm not sure how people would be able to gather resources in this world because when you dig three blocks deep it goes to bedrock. Once you've setup to the best of your abilities, you eventually have nothing more to do and you'd find it boring and eventually quit.

I don't think this will work, -1.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  5. As @BlackConfig suggested, this is similar to a game mode on other servers called "Survival" where it is multiplayer survival mode. For a flat world, I do not think this idea would fare very well because it is boring. You cannot mine or go to different biomes. I would not be against adding Survival to Mineplex as it seems like the more casual version of Clans for those who want to relax and not have to worry about their base being raided.

There will be a server with and without PvP enabled. No kits will be existent as everyone starts out with nothing when they spawn in a survival world. Players can type a # before their message to chat with anyone within 250 blocks, otherwise it is global. Every once in a while, those servers reset and a new seed is used.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Dec 6, 2019
    Sheffield and 510bike like this.
  6. I feel as though this might get a bit boring for players after a while. Sure at first it might be fun, but it would get a bit repetitive. There’s only so much you can do in a superflat world, even with villages and the nether. I’d rather see a survival type game using a normal world instead, a peaceful version of factions/clans.

Also, the game doesn’t really have a purpose or goal, unlike other minigames or our clans game. It’s just to have fun and mess around. It could be fun for a while, but I don’t think it fits in Mineplex’s current list of games.

It’s a creative idea, but I don’t think it should be added.

Posted Dec 7, 2019
    Sheffield and _Prof_ like this.
  7. Yeah kinda expected this response. But for those who said it would be impossible to get anywhere, players would use village chests, and then get resources. (Simply from village chests alone you can get every item in the game. Similarly to Skyblock.) Anyway yeah it wouldn't fit in with a server that has minigames.

Thanks for discussing.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 7, 2019
  8. Yeahhhh I don't think so. The superflat world is an occurrence that is abnormal for the server and only happens when an update fails. Having just a superflat world as an entire game mode would most likely be one of the most boring things the server could do. Mineplex already has a ton of exciting games that can be played over and over again, and especially clan is sort of like this except more complicated. I have to say, for one thing, I like the simplicity of the idea. Just a superflat world where it is possible to play with a couple of friends and go about wandering the flat land for villages and other structures, it seems like a great experience. In reality, though, how long would people play something like this? I mean, there isn't much to do after one would get to the nether, and would really just end up being anarchy except on a flat world. If Mineplex were to attempt and do ANYTHING with anarchy I don't think it would ever be contained in a flat terrain, if at all. -1.

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  9. Hey!

While I can see how this idea could be fun and interesting, I do not think it is something that Mineplex needs or should work on implementing. There are multiple issues with this idea, most which have been stated above already. It would essentially just be variant of Clans, but it wouldn't be as fun or enjoyable, especially if it's just a plain flat world with no biomes. We already have Clans where you can do a lot more things, and so adding this wouldn't make sense since we have Clans already. It could possibly split the Clans player base as well which is something that could make Clans less popular.

Also, there is no real purpose or need of this game mode. Essentially you are just sent to a flat world with other players to walk around, break dirt, and talk in chat. To me it seems like playing single player in a flat world which can be boring depending if you play creative/survival. Agreeing with what @510bikes stated, it just wouldn't suit Mineplex's game style either; Mineplex is mainly known for Arcade games and so implementing something like this wouldn't make sense to Mineplex's player base.

Also, the amount of abuse that could occur here from hackers, to chat offenders, to anything in between. This would be another platform that we would need staff constantly moderating, and that may pose an issue at times. If this idea is to be considered, a chat filter would need to be added, GWEN would need to be developed to work in a world like this (that could take a lot of time away from other Developer duties), and generally a lot of other maintenance and work would need to occur for this idea to become a reality. Then, even if this was implemented, how many people would actually like to play it? I do like the idea don't get me wrong, but I personally wouldn't play it, and so it's potential popularity is a risk in my opinion. It could end up being a game that only has a low amount of players making it boring for others.

Overall, the idea has potential, but I think that it wouldn't work out on Mineplex for some of the reasons I stated. I appreciate you coming to the forums to share your ideas, but I'll be leaving this at a -1. Thanks for suggesting this to the community!

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  10. Hello!

First off, I commend you for giving the idea out even though you weren't sure what the response would be like. Now for the idea itself:

While the concept of it being a care-free relaxing environment may sound good on paper, I do think players would become very bored of this very fast. My reasoning for this is superflat worlds don't have trees. Because of this, if it was survival, the players would spend most of their time running around endlessly looking for villages. They wouldn't be able to enjoy the superflat area and build cool things because they would just be so limited on resources. Also, how would they find the nether portal and end like you stated if it's superflat and they don't spawn on superflat?

Also, the idea, although potentially fun for a select few, isn't unique enough for a mini-game server like Mineplex. If Mineplex were a SMP-type server then this may fit in, but unfortunately with the server we are right now I don't see this attracting our players.

Thanks for the suggestion, have a good day!

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  11. NO NO NO NO NO!!!! DO NOT BRING BACK SUPERFLAT!!!!

THIS WOULD DESTROY MINEPLEX BECAUSE EVERYONE WOULD START FIGHTING AND BEING TOXIC! IF YOU THINK THAT IT WILL BRING EVERYONE BACK TOGETHER, WELL THAT'S A HUGE NO-NO BECAUSE EVERYONE WOULD QUIT MINEPLEX DUE TO NO MINIGAMES WHATSOEVER, AND THAT IS NOT WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR! ALSO, THERE WOULD BE NO HACK DETECTION OR EVEN A CHAT FILTER, AND THAT'S AN EVEN BIGGER NO!

WHAT A TERRIBLE IDEA YOU MADE. I AM TIRED OF SEEING THIS IDEA. HUGE -1 FROM ME!!!!!!!!

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  12. I strongly agree with this. There is a game mode similar to this already, except without the superflat part. I don’t see a need for this to be added.
    Happy Suggesting -
    xGetRekted

Posted Dec 11, 2019