• 1811 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8086 Players Online
  • 6275 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Super squid should be damage immunity OR KB immunity not both

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Glitchy, Feb 6, 2020.

1. seriously, this ability is so screwed up since it can make all the difference in things like securing the smash crystal

Posted Feb 6, 2020
  2. Snowballs and needler can knock it back and the needler can even hurt the squid while its in super squid. As for the smash crystals, just try killing the squid before and try using kits that have range and those which are also good close range. Skeleton is a good example of this because the bow has a very long range and a rope arrow bone explosion combo can knock the squid back giving you a range advantage. Back up when you think the squid will use ink shotgun or super squid. And hit the squid with a heavy knockback attack if they use the super squid midair. For this you will have to know what the duration of it is and you have to predict when the squid will use it.

Though I would have to ask @Glitchy what kit you play the most. As different kits are good and bad against the squid.

Posted Feb 6, 2020
  3. Or we could just remove the smash crystals instead of nerfing an already weak kit

Posted Feb 6, 2020
  4. Hey!
    I feel like this argument can be applied to a lot of kits such as creeper; they can just charge up and then use their explosion on the smash crystal spawn (since that causes them to take a lot less knockback.)

Also as @TheStudentUnion said, you just have to find a way to work around it essentially.

While I try not to use them since it's kind of an easy win, I think it's an essential part of the game and definitely comes in handy if your opponent has an advantage in lives. If you'd like you can make a thread here suggesting this alteration.

Posted Feb 6, 2020
    PewDiePizza likes this.
  5. I've already made this suggestion a million times. It is not an essential part of the game. Every single competitive player agrees with me.

Posted Feb 6, 2020
  6. I feel like the squid is balanced and even underpowered for that matter. I don't see many people using it now a day's. If anything should happen maybe the cooldown for super squid should be increased so people don't waste it getting the crystal. Even if the squid does get a crystal its ultimate is easy to avoid(In my opinion).

The smash crystals or a good way to have a comeback or deal with campers/runners. I feel like having smash crystals in the game makes it more enjoyable. I do understand how you feel, yes they can be annoying to deal with, especially with some kits, but there's a weakness to all of them.

Posted Feb 6, 2020
  7. Yet campers and runners have the same chance of getting them as you do. It's completely luck based in a game that has far too much competitive potential to cater to noobs over pros.

Posted Feb 6, 2020
  8. Yes, but that means they have to come to you.

Posted Feb 6, 2020
  9. Hi there!

As an SSM player myself, I sorta agree, the super squid ability is very good and most ability's can't affect the squid while it's in this, but think about it, when people go into super squid they can't fight either unless they drop out of it and shoot an ink shotgun for example, I'd be ok if super squid maybe lasted shorter or had a longer cooldown because super squid's cooldown is way to fast imo, if super squid was to be knockback immunity and not damage immunity, if you were to hit super squid in the air it wouldn't take knockback making super squid sort of useless while on the main land unless you're falling into the void because players can simply just keep hitting you until you drop or land. I agree, I think super squid needs to be nerfed in some way just not in this particular way, I think it needs to be nerfed either in length or cooldown.

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Feb 6, 2020
    glugging and xEspe0n like this.
  10. thanks for the bot styled reply, VERY helpful, use your own words next time

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 6, 2020
    DaGourmand likes this.
  11. Hey!

I was replying with my opinion. If you'd like me to reply in a less "robotic" way; your opinion is is based on not knowing how to combat a kit. Learn to play against squid with the kits you main and you won't need to come on the forums making threads asking to alter a game because it makes you upset.

I hope the clarification helps! :)

Posted Feb 7, 2020
    Kenshin_William likes this.
  12. There really isn't a way to consistently prevent a squid from securing the smash crystal unless you manage to kill them off before it spawns. And he is right to criticize you for being "robotic" as you come off as being too fake.

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  13. Snowman and spider prevent squid well. I'm allowed to criticize him for being rude. If you don't want a reply from me then don't post on a public forum where anyone can comment. If you don't like my reply because it seems "fake" well you're out of luck that's how I reply.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  14. Just kill the squid before it gets smash or make sure you get a life advantage over it. The squid smash can only kill once and you have more time to kill the squid. @Glitchy if you tell us what kit you main we can tell you an exact strategy to beat squid.

Posted Feb 7, 2020
    Offline likes this.
  15. I don't personally run across too many issues with squid. My point of disagreement is only around the smash crystal.

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  16. Which is why I told you to make a thread about it. I personally don't mind them, but since you do I suggested you to make a post on that section of the forums.

Whether it is accepted or denied is not on my court. Don't come at me for being ”fake” because I said I don't agree with your opinion.

I'm done talking on this thread.

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  17. I disagree that Crystals should stay in the game. They are completely overpowered and should be removed. I can't count how many times I'm about to win and someone uses the Skeleton Horses Smash and just shreds me. Keeping it definitely keep SSM as similar to Super Smash Bros as possible, but this doesn't matter if it creates a feature that creates hate in the community.

Also I don't think nerfing a kit solely because it can get the smash crystal is a good idea. That creates room to nerf kits for other very minor reasons: sheep has 3 high kb moves that can easily help it get the crystal almost every time as I speak from experience. Even though it's easy to get the crystal, sheep CAN'T receive a nerf because that kit relies on those abilities because the melee and armor for the kit is average to slightly poor.

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  18. I don't think that super squid should be nerfed. I don't think it's that much of a problem because super squid doesn't even last for that long. It would make squid underbalanced if super squid was nerfed. There's also other kits that can get the smash crystal easily like creeper, blaze, and horse. You're complaining that a kit's ability is overpowered, but I think you chose the wrong one.

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  19. Bruh you already have your wish you can take KB while in super squid.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  20. Not much, it moves about 1 block back and propels forward again mid super squid

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 11, 2020