• 2935 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14210 Players Online
  • 11275 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Super Smash Mobs // Tierlist

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Jam, Oct 2, 2018.

1. If you are running into noob players, then no- you dont really know the capabilities of each kit. You just know what you have seen.

Not blaming you for that, but you cant judge what a kit is capable of by looking at how easy or hard it is to beat random pub players. Thats more of a test of how easy / hard it is to git gud at a kit than how good that kit can potentially be in the first place.

Posted Oct 10, 2018
  2. Jam
    x

It doesn't generally matter whether you run into nooby players using those kits. By your experience as you claim, you should have enough understanding to be able to rank most if not all the kits appropriately. And as I stated at the beginning of the thread, there hasn't been a major update to the game so the list shouldn't really change too much. It's more or less changing depending on player meta for now.

And with the results we have so far, only like 4 kits are moving and only by 1 or so position. So it's clear the the initial list was already pretty accurate. Keeping in mind just because people have there own opinions doesn't mean they are wrong or right. Generally nothing is wrong or right in regards to something like this.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 12, 2018
  3. I don't think its drama. I just think you guys are offended very easily hahahaa

Posted Oct 12, 2018
  4. Coming from the guy whose very first thread posted on the new forums was telling people how enlightened they are, and they have a custom made pfp and signature specifically to insult others.

I'll give you credit- You are filling the sort of Dark_Amnesia / INFDog role really well.

But if you seriously believe people dont consider you to be just an egotistical troll at this point, you're wrong.

Posted Oct 13, 2018,
    Last edited Oct 14, 2018
  5. I’ve always Mained wolf and think this list is pretty accurate except for the fact that creeper is way lower then it should Be.

Posted Oct 13, 2018
  6. Spider S+, wolf S, Blaze A+ only because of the counters
    Can't wait to see what people think though

Posted Oct 18, 2018
  7. Jam
    x

!! UPDATE !!

Smash Tierlist changes (18/10/2018)

>Wolf switches with Enderman to take High S Tier position
    >Creeper moves up to mid A+ Tier above Guardian
    >Guardian moves down to bottom A+ and Witch goes down to top A Tier
    >Blaze moved up to low A Tier
    >Snowman moved up to bottom A Tier
    >Squid moved up to top B Tier
    >Pig moved to top B Tier
    >Sheep and Villager both shift down to bottom B Tier

~To reiterate briefly, these changes were the result of blind votes conducted by players of Smash on the Mineplex forums. As such, it is OPINIONATED and not FACT. You might feel as though mobs deserve different placings, that doesn't make you right nor does it make you wrong. I myself don't agree a lot with this list, but as a community this is what has been voted on. If you feel this is incorrect, feel free to DISCUSS about it below. Another poll with begin soonTM (probably next patch).

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 18, 2018
    SirInHueman likes this.
  8. tbh you should limit who votes to people who actually know what they are doing. I agree with little to none of the changes. I feel like the tier list as a whole would be more accurate if we changed who could vote on it

Posted Oct 18, 2018
    Crash likes this.
  9. I dont think fundamentally voting will ever be perfectly accurate

Posted Oct 18, 2018
  10. That's fine with me. I could care less what you and your friends think of me

Posted Oct 18, 2018
  11. Creeper shouldn't be in the same difficulty bracket as Guardian... IMO.

Posted Oct 18, 2018
  12. Jam
    x

As I said, this forum is voted through opinion NOT fact so everyone will disagree with certain things. Nor did I include private lists, matchups or knowledgeable comp lists because it's meant to be an open community list. If I had to sum this new version up I'd say it highlights public trends within the current FFA meta, but does not accurately represent factual matchups. Especially considering its public and not privatised to the top 100.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah well currently in pubs it's swarmed with scummy creepers who bomb up close and players who don't understand how to play around Lightning Shield so most people view the kit as high.

~realistically in a competitive perspective creeper just makes top A tier lol. It's got glaring weaknesses and loses a lot of its matchups badly but again, this new listing isn't an accurate reflection of top meta mindsets

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 18, 2018
  13. I suggest a community tier list and a 1000+ win tier list; adjust the specific number as you see fit. There could at least be a side by side I think.

Posted Oct 20, 2018
  14. Jam
    x

The original V5.3 was done by SmashGI but the majority had over 1000+ wins and I approached that list more in line with compeditive thinking rather than casual meta. Tbh both lists are good, you could get away with either of them

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 20, 2018
  15. Local Chicken main here, why is Squid above Chicken (and Magma Cube)? Last time I checked, the kit doesn't do anything. It has OK stats, and a good recovery move (for purposes other than recovering), but that's about it. Ink Shotgun is incredibly unreliable and you'd be very lucky to ever hit anyone with Fish Flurry. Chicken can at least kill you very quickly if you're not careful, and Magma Cube can... not do much. I don't disagree with Cube's placing, I honestly fail to see how people think it beats Chicken (in tiers) when one of them has actual abilities and the other one can mostly just run away.

Feel free to ridicule me now that I said that I'm a Chicken main and asked why X kit is better than it.

Posted Oct 22, 2018
  16. Jam
    x

Because as stated before, chicken has trash stats (mainly armour which is like are the most important stat in the game) a semi useless move being egg blaster which isn't really practical and does barely anything to most of the kits. Chicken missile which, on face value is really good but also is kinda bad because you need to be close-ish to get resets, and a lot of mobs can punish chicken for coming close and you don't have the armour to deal with that so it works against your stats. You have to work EXTREMELY hard as a chicken to even put up some of a fight against good players and even then you don't win those matches. Also takes a lot of work to get good at chicken which is minimised by playing other better kits and chicken doesn't offer like a rewarding combo potential. It's just missile > missile > hit missile > missile etc.

Cube at least has a decent damaging moveset with broken fireball damage, kB negation, good stats (especially attack in higher forms) decent recovery mix-ups and a sort of useable moveset in the current meta. But it's like 2nd next to chicken, you can arguably swap them around for me they are both as useless as each other.

Squid is good tho, idk what your going on about. Squid can gun you face up and deal like 4 hearts or so, shotguns spread means he can punish you mid air and for coming in with missile, he can SS your missiles and bait your flaps. Fish Flurry if he catches your landing will at least rip you of a few hearts and it's got better stats. Much better than chicken and at least it's got some decent matchups.

Most people generally rate chicken last anyways cause it's kinda a known thing that chicken sucks... ~shrug~

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 22, 2018
  17. (Didn't mean to delete the part about Cube but I'm on mobile so heck it.)
    I don't know what you mean by "fireball deals ridiculous damage" (or however it was worded), considering the AoE barely tickles, and you SHOULD never get directly hit since it can be deflected (or dodged) very easily. Flame Dash is easy to dodge, though it allows for easy melee hits. The stats are ok, sure, but by the time you grow even one, let alone two sizes, your hitbox will be large enough to invalidate those stats. By the time when you have a GOOD damage stat, the only way to ever use it will be to run, Flame Dash, hopefully hit a melee, and then run some more.

With Squid, no. You're only talking about the Squid-Chicken matchup (which isnt particularly special for either side), but Squid has even worse matchups (than vs Chicken) I think. Regardless, you'll never hit a "4 hearts" Ink Shotgun. It's so unreliable, and the hitbox is just every kind of jank. You'll never catch any kit LET ALONE Chicken with Fish Flurry, either. Sure, it has ok stats, but so do other kits with actual abilities.

Also, Chicken mostly has either very bad or very good matchups, even though you try to make it sound it has 0 good matchups. Have you ever played Chicken vs Snowman? It's actually unbeatable for Snowman. Think Snowman vs Wolf, but now the roles are switched.

But hey, if everyone thinks Chicken sucks, then that means my main should get a buff.
    Even though it feels like it gets nerfed more just about every patch. Flap's still meh.
    And I honestly don't think Chicken will ever be perfectly balanced, its just a very weird kit (much like Snowman).

Posted Oct 22, 2018
  18. Jam
    x

I just said you can switch magma and chicken they both suck as much as each other, it's just that cube has abusable advantages, chicken doesn't really have that.

And no, squid has much better matchups than chicken. Chickens best matchup is probably the 2+ against snowman that's it. Squid has better matchups and a better moveset and better stats and can actually take games from good players.

Tldr: chickens only good matchups are snowman, kinda witch, kinda magma, kinda blaze that's legit it, most of those being arguable who wins simply because chicken sucks. Regardless most people agree it's last place
    --- Post updated ---
    ---
    And also I always catch mobs with the full gun, it's not hard to do and chicken it's somewhat easier with the way flap interacts in the air with gun. Not to mention the multi pellet hits

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 22, 2018
  19. Idk I feel like Chicken is actually a lot stronger than people realize in certain matchups, and Chicken Missile reset cheese is busted against players who have a tendency to try and force fights and DJ in, which is something players do up until a very surprisingly high level

Posted Oct 23, 2018
    ReNegative likes this.
  20. Jam
    x

Yeh but chicken doesn't have the armour to take those close trades. Almost all the kits can hit chicken once through missile if chicken is close enough and chicken doesn't have anywhere enough armour to deal with that. It's worse if they mix it up with an ability. Legit if you miss a single missile as chicken in most matches you are either gonna get killed or health wiped, especially if the opponent has good punish game

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 23, 2018