• 2688 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12002 Players Online
  • 9314 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Super Smash Mobs // Tierlist

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Jam, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Jam
    x

Welcome to the...

:potato: Super Smash Mobs :potato:

*+:。.。 Official Tierlist 。.。:+*

[​IMG]

This is the newest collaboration thread regarding an "official" tierlist for Super Smash Mobs. Here you can find new listings of mob tiers as-well as a voting thread and healthy discussion about the game itself. This thread aims at providing a basis at which you can vote personally on where you think mobs should sit in a tierlist and allow you to discuss your opinions/bias with other Smashers!

However, a few rules. Normal Mineplex Forum Rules apply in this thread, which can be found here. We also request that you keep chat and discussion clean. Any external drama or toxicity harboured towards other members will result in action taken against you. We want to keep this thread open so creating toxic drama will be negative for the Smash community. Thank-you for abiding by these rules :]

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳

Previous Tierlist | (Updated 5/3/2018)

[​IMG]

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳

Current Tierlist | (
    Updated 18/10/2018)

[​IMG]

VOTING OPEN CLOSED! (Thank-you to whoever participated!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Ke-jx_YhURMZgai0i0Il2Sww/viewform?usp=sf_link

Follow the link above to take you to our voting section where you can anonymously vote to place your mobs into tiers. All the data gathered will then be analysed and channelled into creating a new tierlist. Keep in mind however, because we are still playing on the same patch as the last tierlist, there shouldn't be a lot of variation between the two. This thread will continue to be updated with new information regarding the new list as-well as other listings.

~also don't hate on my formatting. I made this all look pretty and organised, the website is trash and ruins the alignment and sizing. Not my fault :[

Posted Oct 2, 2018,
    Last edited Oct 18, 2018

2. You're not supposed to have access to formatting beyond bold and italics. It's not the website, it's an intended feature to make the website coherent and readable without weird fonts and rainbow text. Also, I changed your title to not have weird symbols in it.

Posted Oct 2, 2018
  3. Jam
    x

Website won't keep the alignment I set, website wouldn't upload the photos I had to figure it out manually. Those are trivial things that people shouldn't have to struggle with >_>

~also if you aren't contributing to the threads topic, please DM instead of posting thanks :thumbs_up:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 2, 2018
  4. While I think the lower tiers are very debatable, I think Spider and Zombie are almost undoubtedly S+.

I think Enderman, Witch, Wolf, and Slime are all reasonable contenders for the S tier

Posted Oct 2, 2018
    BookMarker and Cabob like this.
  5. Only thing I really contest is Skelly Horse and Creeper to A+ at least. Perhaps moving Wither Skelly to A tier would feel more suiting too.

Skelly horse has arguably the best passive in the game, it helps shut down aggro kits such as spiders, and if not fully shut them down then at least punish the agro play style alone.

Creepers almost cut out abilities in a 1v1, yes they can easily be stopped by a good aggro player, but no matter what still forces different plays.

I think the Wither Skelly should be moved up as I've noticed more people are going to it, and good wither players make good use of the image.

Can't wait to see what the next list will look like! I really like the visuals of this one.

Posted Oct 2, 2018
  6. Skeletal horse*

What I changed: Zombie to S, Cow to A+, Skeletal Horse to A+, I would put creeper in low A+ high A but we can't have that so I put A+, Villager & Wither to A.

Posted Oct 2, 2018
    JerThePlayaa likes this.
  7. Jam
    x

Generally Spider shouldn't be moving below S, if people vote it below that then it's a bit odd especially if they go as far as A. Creeper should no way be going higher than at the most low A+. Chicken shouldn't be going hugher than at the most middle B.

Those are probably the outliers I'm looking for atm. Previously the biggest issues we had were people placing sHorse, Blaze and Cow in odd spots, which is understandable because many would have a large amount of different experiences against these kits.

Personally I'd put sHorse in low A, Blaze in high B and Cow in high A, but that's just me
    --- Post updated ---
    I'd sit witch lower and my reasoning behind this is that currently, witch has got so many bugs it's under performing. Not only that but matches it should be winning, it sometimes loses just because you either don't get the damage you should be getting or you die from leash. It's at a really unstable state and so putting it in S with kits like Endy which dominate most kits wouldn't seem fitting. That's just me personally, I don't even use it in pubs that match even though it's my other main because it's so unreliable sometimes...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 2, 2018
  8. The passive of SHorse is very delayed, so it doesnt really shut down or punish aggo kits like spider if they know what they are doing.

Posted Oct 3, 2018
  9. Jam
    x

sHorse has one of the worst passives in the game lol. It went from having Infernal Horror, one of the best to Deadly Bones, one of the worst.

Best passive in the game is probably either Ravage or Wall Climb, just because of the sheer amount of power and utility these things have. Both of which, belong to some of the strongest kits Spider and Wolf respectively

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 3, 2018
  10. The only reason Wolf is at an S rank is that of how OP it is considering the passive being among one of the most overpowered if the not THEE most overpowered considering how easy it is to abuse.

-I use Grammarly on everything so my writing may look like a short ELA excerpt

Posted Oct 3, 2018
  11. Wow, I'm quite surprised..
    Chicken in Group C..? Guardian in the Group A+..?

As a Wolf/Creeper main user I don't have any problem taking out Guardians.. Almost ever.
    On the other hand Chickens can be a head ache for me.

Squid in Group B ..?
    I've fought against people who main Squid and I honestly got beat down badly, I could barely swing a single hit at them.

I'd put Creeper at least in Group A+. The lightning shield is the most annoying thing ever.

Posted Oct 5, 2018
  12. If you are coming from the perspective of a Wolf main... then yeah, some things wont make sense. But this isnt a tier of 'how good is a kit against wolf'

It's also very possible you are just running into people who are good players who outplay you, not necessarily the kit just being that good.

Posted Oct 5, 2018,
    Last edited Oct 5, 2018
  13. W
    No, not specifically using the Wolf, but in general.
    Chicken's hitbox is the biggest problem for me. They do decent damage as well.

They might have barely any armor but I definitely disagree with them being in Group C.
    Possibly Group B or A.

I'd put kits like Wither Skeleton, Magma and Guardian in C.

Posted Oct 5, 2018
  14. EDITEDIT: Apparently editing a post screws up quoting, ffs (Sorry for like 4 notifications, I can't do anything right)
    Chicken has 2.5 armor and 4 melee damage (Worst stats in the game). Most chickens simply stall the inevitable loss, which I guess in itself is annoying but no where near a good kit. Guardian has low armor and considering Creeper's Lightning Shield completely counters all of guardian, it wouldn't be that hard to beat a guardian as creeper. Wolf can also pump out a lot of damage, making guardian able to be dropped extremely quickly. For squid, it simply doesn't have the armor for the amount of hits it'll be taking (Also if you're too close to your target, Ink Shotgun just goes straight through them xd). Creeper is a hit or miss kind of mob. I think it should be ~High A low A+. It has a decent disadvantage against ranged and very low armor, making mobs with high melee damage a problem.

Posted Oct 5, 2018
  15. Jam
    x

The reason guardian is surprisingly high is that in a 1v1 match-up scenario, which usually a tier-list is based off, guardian does really really well. Its moveset, general stats and combo's with true damage make it a really hard mob to fight in 1v1's, especially when the guardian knows the match-up. It can just straight up shred most of the mobs under it. The mobs listed above it are generally the ones it struggles with. But guardian is hard to use however, it takes a lot of time to skilfully use it and pull off its proper KO combo's and because of this you don't see many guardians in pubs, that and its really complex for noobs to use. (they'd rather just pick blaze and spam firefly off the edge).

People above explained, but chicken just has garbage stats, 1 pretty useless move and another really good move but that good move is kinda hindered by chickens stats and also the fact that its only good up close (which chicken doesn't really wanna be considering its trash stats) so its kinda counter productive. Also other mobs just have stronger killing potential than chicken so why would you bother putting it high.

As for creeper, personally, I've used creeper for a long time. Pretty much since it came out after I ditched Spider, creeper has been thrown around a lot in terms of buffs and nerfs but as it stands today, its not as strong as people make it out to be. Creeper is good in pubs, because its a hard counter to melee spammers (with its high kb and explode) and its got lightning shield to counter ability spammers. But the moment you pit a creeper against a player with good game sense and an understanding of Lightning shield etc, creepers chance of winning goes down by A LOT. Also, creeper loses more than half of its match-ups AND its one of the only mobs to have a lot of -2's. Generally if you have a wide spread of -2's and below that mobs going to suffer. Creepers good against people who have bad game sense or just can't adapt to opponents mid match, but they won't be winning matches against players who understand creepers set-up.

~TL:DR; Chickens put in last because it sucks, Creeper isn't as good as most people make it out to be, if you are one of those people that think its op then you are probably bad. Guardian is a powerhouse in 1v1's and can shred through a lot of mobs.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 6, 2018
    SirInHueman likes this.
  16. Wow this is a really good tier list, good job on putting your effort into this, it's been a great read.
    I'll be voting now :)

Posted Oct 6, 2018
  17. I highly doubt you have ever seen a decent WSkele or Guardian (in current patch), or are at a skill level where you would even understand the capabilities of kits at a point where tier lists would become relevant.

Any time you fail at hitting a chicken, against 90% of players that is an execution error on your part. You simply do not have good enough aim.
    The damage chicken does is also highly dependent on Chicken Missile resets, which can really only happen at close range, and if a Chicken misses, that's 8 seconds where they have very little potential damage, and most kits can abuse them pretty freely for 8 full seconds.

Posted Oct 7, 2018
  18. This made me laugh. Oops, I was supposed to DM this...

Posted Oct 9, 2018
  19. Because you have absolutely never tried to instigate that
    :gwen:

Posted Oct 9, 2018
  20. I've been playing SSM since somewhere around 2014. I'd say I'm fairly familiar with each kit capabilities - In the most recent patch as well.
    I haven't run in too many Guardians or Wither Skeletons lately though. But whenever I do, I have no problem wiping them out.

Can't really blame me for not running into those kits.

Posted Oct 10, 2018