• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Super Smash Mobs Skins

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by glugging, Feb 12, 2020.

1. I believe this idea could be literally amazing. You could bring back kit leveling and as you level up, unlock purchasable skins for gems. This could put a purpose to my 2 million useless gems and my many hours of spare time! This could be literally a GREAT idea. I would love if this was added so much! :D

-gluggie

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  2. ur gonna have to elaborate

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    Task and xOeuf like this.
  3. I assume that you mean skins similar to the old HoG skins. The only way for this to be executed with mobs (that I can think of) would be to have each skin unlock a texture pack that the server sends to the client when you join ssm. If multiple skins were to be available, there would need to be every combination possible as its own texture pack (for 1.8 compatibility). I do not see this happening, as many players already have issues with texture packs in games.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  4. well basically there would be different customisations you could get for each character for skins. the texture pack idea is the way i was thinking and i was meaning maybe 1 skin per character to show ur levels

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 13, 2020
  5. i was thinking maybe 1 skin for certain characters e.g: mineplex has a pole and whichever ssm character gets the most votes gets a new skin which is unlockable.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 13, 2020
  6. Hello! This is a very nice idea, but realistically unviable. I understand that having an array of skins to choose from as a reward for leveling up and playing would be a good way to incentivize players to continue playing and add a nice little touch to the game, but this would require a custom texture pack (which can cause client-side issues such as game crashes and fame lag), and some development time. The server's development is currently quite backed-up and busy, and I, therefore, don't see much time being given to such an idea.
    It would be really sweet to see, and I wish we could do something like this to just add some detail to the game, but in reality, I don't see it coming to the server based on the issues it could cause others.

Posted Feb 13, 2020
    glugging likes this.