• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2280 Players Online
  • 2280 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Super Smash Mobs, New Achievement Kit: Fox

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by LostBoyIan, May 14, 2019.

1. So, as we know foxes were recently added to Minecraft version 1.14. I've had this idea ever since I first saw the foxes personality in the game.

[​IMG]

Now, you know how foxes can hold items in their mouth? Well, I was thinking, what if the fox kit could catch weapons? For example: You know Creeper's throw weapon is gunpowder? Well, that's an item. So my idea is when one of those weapons is thrown at the fox kit, it can catch it in it's mouth and throw it back. Yes, that's a bit too overpowered, which is why I am also suggesting a time limit. It should be a really short limit so maybe 5-10 seconds. Also, I don't think that the catching method of the kit should have a "move" I think it should happen automatically seeing as it is the fox's natural personality. If it is gonna happen automatically then I also suggest that when it catches the item you hear either a sound or text shows up in chat saying that you caught the item, then a timer shows up.

[​IMG]

Foxes also have their own jump animation towards other mobs. The chicken kit can jump more then twice seeing as it is a bird and flies. Maybe fox can have a triple jump? Or it can do more damage to mobs that it hunts in the game, such as chicken. And speaking of damage maybe wolf can do more damage to fox kit other then the same damage to any other kit seeing as wolves and foxes do not get along in the game.

[​IMG]

I'm gonna be honest, I don't really think this should have any uses, but hey, let's get Creative. Maybe there could be like a 3-5 second heal move that shows this animation. I don't really know, just feel like I have to include it.
    Another idea for an attack was berries. Maybe the fox could eat a berry (or throw one, if we're going with throwing they could explode or something) and get a random power. (If a fox is holding an enchanted item the enchant will work when the fox attacks something) so maybe as an example; Flight, heal, sharpness, etc.

[​IMG]

To be honest, I have 2 ideas for this one. My first idea was that the fox smash crystal it could turn into an Arctic fox and turn the map cold and snowy, but now I am thinking about another, but in my opinion it seems a bit overpowered, oh well, I'll see what you guys think. You know the Snowman kit? How when it walks it leaves a snow path? Well, in version 1.14, the fox texture will change into an Arctic fox if its biome is snow related. So my thought was if a Snowman kit is playing in the same round as a fox kit that it turns into an Arctic fox and get's special snowy winter weapons other then a normal fox texture. I don't really like this one too much, i'd rather the smash crystal one but hey, nice to put it in there.

I feel like I have to also post damage and armor and all that. Not gonna lie. I am really not too sure... I think I am gonna leave that up to the staff to decide lol.

Overall I really enjoy the fox mob. It is adorable and has a lot of personality and would love to see what you amazing creative staff come up with. We may not get the fox kit which is fine seeing as to update to different versions takes a lot of time and making kits takes a lot of time as well. I would personally really enjoy to see this cute mob be turned into an amazing Super Smash Mobs kit.

Posted May 14, 2019
  2. I love it! Very creative, goes well with it's personality, but 1.14??? I don't know about that...

Posted May 14, 2019
    LostBoyIan likes this.
  3. True true, didn't think of that

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 14, 2019
  4. This is an excellent concept. It doesnt necessarily have to be an achievement kit. Also the return-to-sender ability wouldn't be too broken if it was a Sword ability that had a timer on how long you could stay prepared to catch/time allotted to actually through projectile back. Also if you already have something held, then other projectiles are free to hit you. I don't think players want another direct jumping kit, but a higher jump height would be neat for this. Not too sure how the resting animation could be used, but I don't think it should be a "rest to heal" kind of move. I would love fox to be a kit, but until hit regs can be fixed for 1.9 & up it has potential. Keep thinking on it.

Posted May 15, 2019
    LostBoyIan likes this.
  5. The only issue I see is that people who play one 1.8 wouldn't be able to render the fox properly, considering it's not in their version. Plus, considering Mineplex only recently updated to 1.14, I don't believe a large number of people are playing on that version. Regardless, I'm guessing a lot of people play on 1.8 so the rendering would be a huge issue. Other than that I think it's a fantastic kit, it could certainly balance out overpowered kits like Creeper, as you mentioned.

Posted May 15, 2019
    LostBoyIan likes this.

6. Yeah I didn't really think about the updating the version thing too well, that is a big issue indeed...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2019
    Snowwii likes this.
  7. It isn't a terrible issue. Mp won't make a mob past 1.8 right now because most of Ssm players like the hit register of 1.8. If 1.9 & up can get fixed we should see newer mobs added. Until then don't feel discouraged to come up with ideas.

Posted May 15, 2019
  8. What about just painting a wolf - sure it won’t be the fox but it will be the fox:)

Posted May 16, 2019
  9. I dunno about how people would react when they would have to change their SSM version to 1.14+ =. Cool idea though.

Posted May 21, 2019
  10. W
    H

How about painting a wolf

Posted May 22, 2019
  11. I like the concept and how you broke down each of the things the new mob had, such as the jumping and item catch thing. The only downside is that the server would have to be fully 1.14 or the game would, which would upset some people.
    However I think having the kit’s smash crystal be something related to the cold version would be kinda cool. Like what if it would start a blizzard for a few seconds and people would be a bit slower? Dunno if that would be overpowered or not but just what I thought of when you suggested it.
    Maybe him sleeping is like a way to heal like you mentioned, when he’s “asleep” it gives a kinda effect around him and makes him temporarily invulnerable for a few seconds. Obviously people could just camp the sleeping fox to try to take him out, so i don’t think that would be too overpowered, and it would be on a cooldown.
    Otherwise I think you’ve developed decent ideas for the other parts of the kit. I’m not sure about having the Fox be able to do more damage to chickens / wolves be able to do more damage to the Fox, though, but I can see where you got the idea from.

Posted May 22, 2019
    LostBoyIan likes this.
  12. I thought of a way to do 1.14. Maybe we ca split it into 2 games. Have a 1.12.2 SSM and a 1.14 SSM. So it could be like if you click on 1.14 SSM it would be like "Please switch to 1.14"

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 23, 2019
  13. Or just install da plugin Ian

Posted May 23, 2019
  14. Sounds like a great kit idea, but it couldn’t be implemented until the server moves past minecraft 1.8, and 1.9 pvp is something not everyone wants to play with.

Posted May 24, 2019
  15. The idea is really great, i love it! But the biggest problem is 1.14 version, super smash mobs would have to be 1.14 game then, that will upset people.

Posted May 27, 2019
  16. Henlo ^-^
    The issue of 1.8 vs 1.14 has been already addressed, so I'm going to put that aside. This kit is super cute and creative, but I don't know about the "catching" passive ability that you credit to it; does this work only with some abilities or projectiles? For example, if a zombie shoots an arrow, does it bounce back? Does it do the same with blazes' inferno? It seems a bit like a buffed "Riposte" from Champions.
    That's actually a cool idea. If the ground changed from grass/stone or whatever to something like ice, where your Minecraft character slips and moves slower, it would be super cool, although snowman would have an advantage in this case over other kits.

I think the mob and its theme are cool in design, but as you've mentioned, it would need some work. I do like the healing ability. Since the fox seems to "sleep" it could be immobile, so you could make this quite strong: the fox kit can't move for a short period of time, and remains vulnerable to attack, but gains something like resistance 2 and regeneration 2. This means it has a chance of healing, but if you're not smart about it - you could get killed since you're immobile.

<3

Posted May 27, 2019
  17. Hello!

I would love the fox to become a kit as it's my favorite animal, sadly 1.8 mobs are the only ones that can become kits.

Posted May 30, 2019