• 1033 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6170 Players Online
  • 5137 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Super Smash Mobs Kit Popularity Results!

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Shipsa // ShipshapeMC, May 22, 2020.

?

Are the results taken from a sample of users accurate compared to the entire SSM playerbase?

1. Most definitely!

3.3%
  2. More than likely.

13.3%
  3. Possibly.

20.0%
  4. Maybe.

13.3%
  5. Unlikely.

20.0%
  6. Probably not.

20.0%
  7. This survey wasn't accurate.

10.0%
  1. Yeehaw everyone! (please don't actually say yeehaw)

For those of you who don't already know, I created a thread a while back to collect survey results, and to find out which Super Smash Mobs kit was everybody's favorite!

I'm a bit late, but I have collected all of the previous results from the "Favorite SSM Mob" thread which can be found here!

Anywhoo, let's look over the results of the survey shall we?

Blaze - 8
    Creeper - 6
    Cow - 4
    Skeleton - 4
    Spider - 4
    Chicken - 3
    Enderman - 3
    Slime - 3
    Guardian - 2
    Iron Golem - 2
    Pig - 2
    Witch - 2
    Wolf - 2
    Sir Sheep - 1
    Skeleton Horse - 1
    Sky Squid - 1
    Magma Cube - 1
    Wither Skeleton - 1
    Zombie - 1

Feel free to give your own opinions or thoughts about the results! Would you say that the results are accurate among most SSM players or are they inaccurate? Let me know!

Thanks to everyone who participated in this survey!
    Stay safe, and please, wash your hands. Stop the spread of COVID-19

:mineplex:

Posted May 22, 2020
    Sonsuki, Dezzy, 0775 and 1 other person like this.
  2. why is blaze so common lol

Posted May 23, 2020
    Mitchy and Shipsa // ShipshapeMC like this.

3. I believe Blaze is common because it is an easy to learn, hard to master type of kit.

In other words, It's simple for newer players to pick up, while also having a relatively high skill ceiling.

It provides high mobility with Firefly while also allowing the user to damage others when using it, unlike Sky Squid. Inferno is an easy-to-use ability as well, which itself offers consistent damage and is a real annoyance to play against.

Although Blaze generally has a very simple, "bait, turn, and firefly" playstyle, it still requires skill for Blaze players to take it to the next level, which is harder to do since the playstyle automatically provides very little options for creativity.

It's also probably the most popular because it literally sets other mobs on fire. I mean, fire is cool, when you aren't the one burning.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 23, 2020,
    Last edited May 23, 2020
    Polar926 likes this.
  4. I recently picked up this game again, and I've been told that Skeleton Horse is really easy to learn. Do you have any suggestions for me as a beginner to SSM?
    Thanks.

Posted May 23, 2020
    Shipsa // ShipshapeMC likes this.

5. Yeah, for sure!

Although I have a lot of wins (1584 to be exact), I can't give top tier tips that elite SSM players can, because I'm not as skilled as other players (included but are not limited to) such as Deidara, whoneedspacee, or xN00B. However, I'll try my best.

First off, Skeletal Horse is generally considered to be easy to learn. Skeletal Horse offers a decent recovery with Bone Rush, while also doing significant amounts of damage with a high "boop off the map and into the void" potential. Here's a little tip: When using Bone Rush, click SHIFT or crouch. This prevents you from moving while also sending your enemies away from you or even off of the map entirely.

Skeletal Horse's passive, Deadly Bones (albeit overpowered in my opinion), is a good ability and offers quite a lot of crowd control to the user. The ability to keep others away by hitting them around without actually doing anything is very useful.

Bone Kick offers a ridiculously high knockback and can send other mobs flying off the map with 1 click, which will provide easy eliminations, especially on smaller maps such as Mushroom Islands or Glacier.

Skeletal Horse also offers some pretty high defensive capabilities, including its 6.5 armor stat and its high crowd control functionality.

The only major downside to this kit is that when it's abilities are on cooldown, Skeletal Horse basically becomes a sitting duck. It doesn't really do much when it's abilities are on cooldown aside from Deadly Bones, and thus is at it's weakest standpoint when relying on normal PvP to fight other players. It also should be noted that the Skeletal Horse has a very large hitbox, and you will feel as though you are being tossed around if you aren't that proficient in regular PvP combat.

Anywhoo, now I will transition into some tips that I can give to you!

1. Try to "read the other player's mind". I know this sounds strange, but try to think about what your enemy plans on doing. If you see a Wolf looking at you while also aiming its head upwards, you can assume that it is about to Wolf Strike and Cub Tackle you for an easy combo. Try to avoid or bait the Wolf out of its abilities during these instances. This also applies to all mobs, not just Wolf as a further notice.

2. Avoid going "All In". If you are playing a kit that relies on its abilities for damage (i.e Chicken, Wolf, Sky Squid) don't use all of your abilities at once unless you are completely sure that they will be accurate and do lots of damage. It's quite embarrassing when a Wolf misses it's Cub Tackle and prevents the Wolf from really being able to be a significant threat. (Unless they are better than you.)

3. Understand that being "Hyper-Aggressive" doesn't help. Sure you can run in and try to do as much damage as possible to others, but you always need to be cautious and understand that others can hit you as well. In other words, moving predictably and trying to dish out as much damage as possible isn't always the best method of attack. Be mindful that other players will fight you back, and taking needless amounts of damage only sets you back more. If you do 8 hearts of damage to a Creeper for example, and the Creeper does 5 hearts to you as a Skeletal Horse player, you are actually losing. This is because Creeper has a significantly higher regeneration rate than you, and by the time you have healed up a few hearts, the Creeper is probably ready to fight again and has full health.

4. Be knowledgable of cooldowns. If a Sky Squid is attacking you very aggressively and hasn't been fighting anybody recently, understand that he most likely has all of his abilities. This means that the Sky Squid is prepared to use Ink Shotgun. If you do manage to fight the Sky Squid off, now he can run away with Super Squid. After this has happened, you have to understand that the Sky Squid doesn't have a damage or mobility ability to spare, and thus now is your time to attack, because the Sky Squid is at his weakest position.

5. Grab that Smash Crystal! Although most top tier Super Smash Mobs players avoid using the Smash Crystal because it provides easy vanquishes to anybody that uses it, you still need to be the player that picks it up. In regular games of SSM, all of your average level players will use the Smash Crystal. Even if you just pick it up and avoid using it, you still can be provided with a sense of security, while also being able to use it if you really need it. There is no harm in grabbing the Smash Crystal, even if you don't use it.

6. Don't have the need for revenge. Suppose that another player kills you once. After this, you immediately charge after that player because you believe that they are still on low health. This is immediately a bad idea and most likely will either cause you to die again, or make the other player frustrated and potentially become toxic if you succeed in killing them. You have to understand that when you are killed by another player, the other player is regenerating during this time, and is most likely prepared to fight you again because the player understands that most players are hungry for revenge when they die. Only go after another player repeatedly if you are certain that you will succeed in a fight.

7. The map of choice matters, a LOT. Suppose that you are using Creeper. Creeper is stronger on smaller maps rather than large ones because of Sulfur Bomb, Explode, and Lightning Shield. It should be noted that all of these abilities give plentiful amounts of knockback to other players when they are hit by any of these abilities, and by voting and playing smaller maps, you increase your chances of killing a player by sending them into the void.

8. :angryyoda: Don't be toxic, and report teamers. First off, this rule should apply in all games, not just SSM, however, I think it is easier to get frustrated in SSM compared to other games. I understand that it can be very frustrating when the other player who is playing Creeper repeatedly sends you off the map and into the void. It's annoying, and I understand that, but you have to be aware of the map you are playing, your cooldowns, and what your enemy is thinking when attacking you. Understand that losing in a game of 4 players is common and that even if you are a better player than all of the others in your lobby, you are still likely to lose. Often, a better player will be targeted or teamed on simply because the other players realize that it is the only way that they will win against you. Although it's against the rules, it still is very prevalent in SSM and will occur very often. When this happens, don't have a negative reaction, and just leave the game to queue for another one or even better, just report them.

9. Learn what abilities each mob has to use, and be knowledgeable of when a player will use them. Understand when your enemy will use his/her abilities is crucial, and being able to bait them out will offer you will easy out-plays and can win you the game simply because you are smarter than your opponent. When the Blaze is running away from you and jumps off the map, know that it is about to use Firefly to get itself back onto the map. When this happens, either A. hit the Blaze before Firefly activates to send them falling off the map, or B. run away and attempt to take as little or no damage if possible.

10. Have fun. Playing and learning the way SSM operates can be difficult when you are new to the game, but overall having fun is more important than winning games. Because the learning curve is steep, it automatically isn't favorited for newer players and is more leaned towards more hardcore players, thus creating a player base that is either very good, or very bad. Regardless if you win or lose, having fun in a game that can and will sometimes have a toxic environment can be difficult, but pride yourself on being relentless, and try your hardest to have fun, even when you get killed by a spacebar-spamming wolf player. Because at the end of the day, it's just a pixelated block game.

Welp, that's the end of my tips for SSM, I probably could've made this a whole thread but whatever. :happyt3:

Hopefully these tips can help you, and have yourself a wonderful day (or night).
    :potato:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 23, 2020,
    Last edited May 23, 2020
  6. Thank you so much for taking your time to write this. I love you.

Posted May 23, 2020
  7. I am a little sad that blaze is the most favorite, but it doesn't surprise me. I run into a lot of blazes ingame and I also run into a lot of creepers, which I noticed was the 2nd most popular. I rarely see the things that only have one vote, so think that for the most part, the numbers reflect what I see in game. Well done.

Posted May 23, 2020
  8. Very detailed thread. I remember back then I choose the Witch as my favorite, but I became a dirty SSM player and mainly use the Creeper. Although, I might change my kit one day once I learn more about SSM.

Posted May 23, 2020
  9. Hey there Mr.Trainee,
    It's really interesting to see how many people prefer Blaze over anything else and how many mobs are not that popular. Personally, I like to use Enderman, so I'm pretty happy it's one of the more popular ones and gets the appreciation it deserves. To be honest, your replies are super helpful and honestly could be a thread on their own, like you said. I'm glad you spend so much time into helping others and wish you luck in the future :)

Posted May 23, 2020
  10. Its because as soon as you start you are good without any sort of practice.

Posted May 23, 2020
  11. I think this would be more accurate as a poll here on the forums instead of in game.

Posted May 23, 2020
  12. This survey was a poll on the forums, I linked it in the original post.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 23, 2020
  13. Oh then mb, was just skimming through

Posted May 23, 2020
  14. you forgot skeleton horse its 10 times easier

Posted May 23, 2020
  15. This is incorrect. Blaze is very easy to learn and master and there really isn’t much to it besides holding down right click and spamming firefly. As for the thread, from what I’ve noticed in game, the most common kits are the free kits, creeper, blaze, and chicken. As the free kits are free, new players start with these kits, as well as players trying to get the achievement. Creeper is common because it’s the most well known Minecraft mob. Blaze and chicken are common because noobs falsely believe the more gems a kit cost, the better it is. So noobs will solely use blaze or chicken once they get the gems. The least common kits from what I observe are witch, snowman, pig, and villager

Posted May 24, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  16. Creeper is ridiculously overpowered and requires next to no skill to ruin the game for everyone else. I see a creeper every other match.

Posted May 24, 2020
  17. skeleton horse doesnt have speed I, constant damage, an op recover, or a normal hitbox. While it is easy to play as, blaze is far easier in terms of melee for its inferno, speed, and regular hitbox.

Posted May 26, 2020
  18. Bow spam or only melee, hit/shoot while exploding. Ridiculously is a bit of a strong word for creeper. Ridiculously op would be spider my friend.

Posted May 26, 2020
  19. Wouldn't necessarily say creeper is overpowered, but it's definitely strong. That and wolf are one of my least favorite kits to fight against, but then again I play blaze...

Posted May 26, 2020