• 3087 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14751 Players Online
  • 11664 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Super Paintball Update.

Discussion in 'Super Paintball' started by Shadowxore, Mar 21, 2020.

?

Should Paintball have Nametags added back for everyone?

1. Yes! (explain why)

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No! (explain why)

15 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Recently in the community, there's been a massive debate over cheaters making the game virtually unplayable, due to them having the constant advantage. The reason this thread is being made is because no one has addressed this somewhere where someone with power can assess the situation and fix it for the rest of the community. I take this post a little seriously, because if the current cheater problem isn't fixed soon I predict this game is soon to die.

At the beginning of 2017, only about 0.1% of the entire community were known to cheat (X-ray). At the beginning of 2018 that percentage became 5%, and as of right now, March 2019, the percentage is at 30% of the ENTIRE community using xrays to gain advantage over players. I think this needs to be stopped, as I've already seen a good chunk of the community leave Mineplex to go play factions servers, as Super Paintball was the only thing that kept them drawn to the server in general. Now to my point as to what I think should be done about this issue, and what causes it...

So what the remaining 70% of the community thinks should be done (and I speak for a majority of the ACTUAL community) is Paintball should be brought back to the way it was in 2013-2015, where nametags were enabled, making everyone virtually an "xrayer." If this change were to be implemented, it would make everyone equal, and silencing that 30% that play all day in public lobbies, farming everyone for kills/XP. The fact that this was already a thing at one point in time shows how good of an idea this is. On top of all of this, I feel like this could gain some more traction to the game, introducing new players to the community to try it out for themselves.

As for why people cheat so openly, it's because they know they cannot get banned, and because it makes the game so much easier for them to play. Mostly, people with skill don't necessarily "dominate" lobbies, but they do get most of the kills, and I feel like this change with nametags will result in nothing but positive changes for the community.

For reference:
    Super Paintball With Nametags would look like this (2013-2015):

Super Paintball Without Nametags looks like this (2016-present):

Do you see how easily someone with an xray hack to see through walls could take advantage of someone who can't see through walls by default? As well with that, there's a utility built into the game known as "F5," where you can view your character from behind, but people are using this tool to see around walls, which is highly unfair to newer players who may not know that such utilities exist.

Another reference:
    This was a 1 vs 1 between the TOP PLAYER in the game, and another player who people didn't really consider on his level. The top player is on an alt in this video, as Zexoiv, and the player who used xrays to win is Goodywon in the video. This was taken in 2018 and really does show how overpowered x-rays can make you compared to other players. (the long link is because there's 2 clips in particular I want you to see, so I just compiled them into a playlist).

The difference between x-rays and F5 in this clip, how do we know he was using x-rays?
    Because when you F5, you have to look around a wall to see them, right? He isn't looking around the wall to see them, in this clip he is clearly keeping his eyes on Zexoiv at all times, even through the wall, without having to look around/over it.

That's all I have to say, I wont list any names of the xrayers in the community in fear this thread will be silenced, but the community who is reading this knows who they are.
    Thank you, everyone.

Posted Mar 21, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 21, 2020
  2. I understand this struggle because stuff like this happens in block hunt with esp users. I think paintball should have an update, but in more than just this. I feel like there's a chance that everyone who hates on this thread is going to be an xrayer themself. I support this!

Posted Mar 21, 2020
  3. no

Posted Mar 21, 2020
  4. it shouldnt come back bc game needs to be more harder

Posted Mar 21, 2020
  5. Well there's a difference between the game being hard, and you being at a complete disadvantage. I think you're confusing the two for the same thing, when they aren't. I'll explain them, however.

With people who play the game using tools like F5, the new players who start the game may not know to use this, and with nametags not enabled they are completely dominated, which I've witnessed this firsthand in Paintball lobbies, and we're still talking about legit players here. Now onto the non-legit players. These people provide disadvantage to everyone, making the game unplayable, taking into account they can see you before the game even begins (through the walls), and you cant see them at all until they come around a corner.

With nametags being brought back, both F5 and XRAY would become useless, and everyone would be on the same playing grounds, making the game the same difficulty for EVERYONE. You said you think the game should be harder, with tools like F5 and XRAY, it actually makes the game so much easier for people who know about the tools, and I think that should change, so that new players aren't immediately leaving due to not getting kills, and dying every game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 21, 2020
  6. I talked to the guy in the clip, and he doesn't care if I use this as reference. This is old footage of an xrayer beating the TOP PLAYER in Paintball 5-0 in a 1 vs 1.

5 | Goodywin vs. Hexxel | 0

I do not condone the use of hacks, this video clip was recorded from Goodywin's POV, and as you can see he has the total advantage, pre-firing everywhere he goes, because he knows where he is 24/7.

OP OP
  7. Maybe in the beginning of the paintball game name tags shouldn't be shown because of the mass amounts of people. But if the game goes on for a certain amount of time (Ex. 2:30 minutes) then name tags should be turned on. Just like how survival games has a shrinking border maybe they could even incorporate something like that as the game goes on. I've just noticed people hide in corners and its hard to find them. So maybe name tags and a border shrinking could be added. (Just an idea!)

Thanks!

Posted Mar 21, 2020
    Calverin and Shadowxore like this.
  8. Well if nametags were added you can't hide behind corners, but that brings up an interesting point. Nametags being added would also prevent game stalling haha. Interesting idea as well, although I don't think border shrinking would be a good thing in paintball, considering how small the maps are compared to survival games, I like the idea though, maybe that could be used for other games.

OP OP
    Dacked likes this.
  9. Who knows! It was just something I thought of on the spot!

Posted Mar 21, 2020
    Shadowxore likes this.
  10. Nametags on after a certain amount of time would be best. Maybe even a compass. Something to prevent hiding forever. But I'm definitely against having nametags back in paintball. It just takes so much skill away from the game. F5ing, as much as I hate it, is a viable tactic nevertheless. Yes it's cheap but it's a tactic.

would love to see where you get this number from lol

nothing's stopping them from playing now. either way they're prob gonna be pub stomped by someone lol

but yeah, I don't think name tags need to come back. It seems like your whole reasoning is to prevent x-ray, but I simply don't believe that enough people x-ray in pub lobbies (i know nothing about competitive paintball, if that still exists) for it to be implemented.

Posted Mar 29, 2020

11. edit - oh wait this is Chance, hey Chance! is PBCL still a thing? lol. if so, i'd love to join that disc for a little bit just to talk this idea over with them. who knows, maybe the community truly does want nametags back and i'm just an outlier. Cool seeing you again

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  12. I love that you're trying to make rayers mad :D Tbh I think nametags would be a good idea lmao. Not necessarily to stop "rayers" but it would definitely make the game more interesting. Also ur right, the community knows who :*]

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  13. id rather they find a way to enforce x-ray punishments than do this. I think when nobody is cheating, the game is far more entertaining without name-tags.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    RoodleNoodle and Wiz2K like this.
  14. I understand your point with removing the advantage that people with x-ray have, but I don't think this is a necessary change. Just like in real life paintball, you don't have something to show where the opponents are at, and adding a name tag would reveal the location of the opponents, removing one. of the key aspects of super paintball. I personally don't. play a lot of this game, but I can tell that the game would drastically chance if they allowed people to see name tags of their opponents.

This can be easily comparable with Minestrike. There is a reason why they don't allow people to see the names of their opponents by their character, since it is meant to be like that. Adding such a change with name tags would further make it less noticeable if someone is using x-ray hacks or some mod that reveals everyone's java character on screen.

Mineplex just needs to update their GWEN anti cheat. There are many people bypassing their anti cheat and this is causing multiple unfair advantages towards many community members. We don't need to change the basis of the game in order to solve the cheater problem. Instead, we need to find a better way with the anti cheat to detect people using unapproved mods. Even if it may be difficult to make this, I think this would be a wonderful change to prevent cheaters in almost every game.

Rather if someone knew where your location was without revealing it, it could be obvious that the opponent is using some sort of unproved mod, which could be reportable, maybe. Otherwise, hope I gave a good explanation on why I think this change isn't necessary to solve the cheater problem.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    RoodleNoodle likes this.
  15. I think that if a person hacks that tell you who they are and I think they should leave the game the way it is and just make the hackers learn their lesson.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    KerbalBoy likes this.
  16. Since you have given no source or proof to your claim I am going to assume this is a bold-faced lie.

I need to go to sleep, sorry I can't do a more in-depth analysis. I'll edit this tomorrow

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Calverin likes this.
  17. Yeah I would rather this too, but I've been fighting for that for years and that's never gotten any more forward progress, this was the only next best option, since it was a feature at one point.

But it appears this game is just going to die within this year due to Mineplex's lack of action against xrayers, since I've already seen 5 people leave this week alone, out of the diminished playerbase we've already been reduced to over the years. We're still much alive, but 5 people leaving a week is devastating. Something needs to be done. If it isn't this, then please grow brains because xrayers are extremely blatant, but they don't do it because there's no "definite proof," which is ridiculous as if someone is staring at you through the walls then that should be enough... but nah I've attempted reporting every single xrayer and they remain doing the same thing they're doing.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 1, 2020
  18. If 5 people leave a week, as you claim, and that no new players join at all, our current corona playerbase would sustain us for 16 years. It's not as devastating as you say it is, and that's with assuming your ideas of no-one joining for 16 years are correct.

Posted Apr 1, 2020
  19. I would respond to this but I can't understand what you're saying, but I'll try my best to address this. I think you're saying xrayers should have empathy, and leave the game, which I fully think the same but I challenge you to go into a PB lobby and try to get them to do it LOL. They're stone faced while killing everyone, I really don't understand how they find it fun.

Yeah but the point you're missing is the fact that our xraying problem is nearly 10x as worse as Minestrikes. The reason I even made this thread was because plan A failed, which was to try and make xraying bannable, which I've been fighting for YEARS, which has resulted in zero change or action from the Mineplex staff. So the next best option? Try to get something like this implemented so it's balanced again. You know why else I'm making this thread? Because this literally used to be a feature, which I think most of the people writing replies are missing here. Trust me I would rather keep this PB over Nametags PB, but how can you do that when the staff team wont take any action against xrayers, despite mass reports & evidence of them staring at people through walls?

Question: How would updating their anti-cheat detect & punish render hacks? They aren't using movement/combat hacks, they arent speed hacking around the map, they aren't using aimbot/killaura to have better precision, they're simply turning on render hacks/a texture pack and sitting there absolutely still waiting for someone to come around a corner, then just killing them as they come around it instantly, so they have zero time to counteract it. There's no way to kill an xrayer who knows what he's doing, which is why action should be taken.

For everyone reading this thread in confusion at this reply, this is one of the xrayers I am talking about. Michellle you've been xraying blatantly for the past year, you're annoying asf in pub looking at people through walls and killing them. Keep being bad at the game, loser.

I would put more time into getting actual evidence on that, but I don't see why I should, considering this shouldn't even be a thread in the first place. If they didn't have such a high tolerance for render hacks, and instead punished them accordingly, this thread wouldn't even exist. Because this is just the next best thing to what I was attempting to achieve previously, which was making xraying bannable (which clearly didn't happen), so here we are my friend.

Yeah PBCL is still a thing, and nope, the community is split right now on what they think. 50% of the community want it and 50% don't. The ones who don't want this are primarily the xrayers & their friends who defend them for doing it, and the other 50% are pros who would much rather have xraying be bannable than this be the solution that saves PB, but 5 people have left this game so far in the past week due to xraying. It's quite absurd. But yeah it was nice seeing you too man, add me on discord, just pm me on here :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 1, 2020
    Wiz2K likes this.
  20. I'd say there's 1-3 new players joining on average, but there would be more if the game were actually playable, my friend. When people join, they get nearly 10 deaths for every kill they get, to which they just leave and go play something else. That's ridiculous. I also don't see how you calculated any of that without the base knowledge of how many people are rejoining a week, but props to you for doing it, you mathematical genius. Now, I never said this should be the absolute solution to our xraying problem. This is an easy plan-B if they can make it to where xraying is bannable, which should be the case in the first place.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 1, 2020
    C0C0A likes this.