• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2307 Players Online
  • 2307 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [Super Paintball Kit Idea] Bio-gun

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by leo_thya, May 20, 2019.

1. Medic itself couldn’t be a kit, it isn’t a gun type. That’s why I’m going to be combining the idea of a medic into a gun so it fits with the other kits.

The item can be whatever, that isn’t important. The kit will spawn with 3 water bomb things.

This kit will deal 5 hearts per shot, compared to the rifle, which does 7.5 hearts. The rate of fire is a little slower than rifle, but faster than shotgun, and this is because of the “medic” ability. Left-clicking your gun will shoot a hitscan projectile that when hit at a teammate, will heal 5 hearts. This does not affect opponents. The ability would have a cooldown of 6-8 seconds.

If this becomes too strong, there’s always to ability to adding a “draining health” effect instead of instant damage. So instead of an instant 5 hearts, the shot would instead give wither or custom damage which would drain 5 hearts in x amount of seconds. This would allow for players to be able to save themselves if they are quick enough. And this would still add to the bio-gun theme.
    --- Post updated ---
    Bump

Posted May 22, 2019
  2. Great idea! I love the creativity of everything, however I see this as a very overpowered kit. Maybe make the gun a healing gun, which can save your friends in two seconds or something by holding down right click. The gun would give your teammates 3 hearts back, but can't get hearts back unless they get splashed with the water bombs. Great idea, I just think it is a little too overpowered.

+1

Posted May 22, 2019
  3. Having the ability to revive your teammate so stronger than only able to heal them for 5 hearts.

This part just confuses me; I’m sure you just worded it wrong. So just clarify this and then perhaps I could address it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 23, 2019
  4. I like the idea! But as @CreepBro06 said, this kit is VERY overpowered. You could just constantly fire healing at one person with a machine gun kit and keep them healed as they mow everybody down.

What you could do though is: make the gun a burst shot, so it shoots 3 projectiles very fast and then suffers a long cooldown to shoot again, this makes the medic easier to kill, as well, you can disable ANY offensive abilities, so the medic can't deal damage to others, just heal. as well as make it only heal 2 hearts per shot landed. That should help balance the kit.

Overall good idea :D With the right changes I'd give it a +1

Posted May 23, 2019
    CreepBro06 likes this.
  5. You can’t do that with a 6-8 second cooldown.

This kit already has the lowest killing power, and I don’t think making it worse is necessary.

That’s a sure way to make the kit useless. If that were the case, you’d have to assume your teammates are good enough at the game, but you can’t guarantee that so why pick a kit that can’t kill anything.

So can’t damage enemies, can only heal, which is every 6-8 seconds. I don’t know, even with the added 2.5 hearts healing bonus, this kit would be pretty underpowered without killing power. What if you’re the last one on your team?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 23, 2019
  6. Pretty much what I meant @leo_thya

Posted May 23, 2019