• 2160 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10598 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Suggestions on Ewok and Yoda Skins

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Pero Peric, Sep 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. The Ewok and Yoda skins are very annoying. First, you can't see it's armour, which is very unfair when you are deciding to attack or not. Secondly, its hitbox. Maybe the hitbox doesn't change, but who will think that you need to hit the area above it? Worse, you can't see the skin borders, so sometimes you miss, sometimes you don't.

Here are some suggestions:
    1. Publish other skins.
    Publish other skins that is equal or bigger than the hitbox, like -snip- does. Let the skin owners redeem a new skin there such that they won't lose their money.
    2. Show hitbox.
    Showing hitbox of their skin makes other player knows where to hit. It's like a hack, but only show it when the player is in view.

Please fix these skins.

Posted Sep 7, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 9, 2019 at 4:02 PM
  2. I would say I agree on ewok/yoda skins having a huge advantage in games. Especially CakeWars. If you aim lower, its really easy to get their hitbox. If you are targeting these skins, you would also be targeting skins that other people customize and work hard on like a mini donut or skinny potatoe with stick arms. I am on the fence about this. It would be nice to see more skins published but players shouldn't be forced to redeem a new skin just because it may have been strategy on their part. There are some true Star Wars fans out there as well.

Posted Sep 7, 2019
    Pumpedpixel likes this.
  3. Yes I also made a thread on this here. I am glad people agree to want to remove ewok skin.

https://www.mineplex.com/threads/2019-2020-changes-additions-that-are-possible.66679/

Posted Sep 7, 2019
  4. If its a huge deal for ewok skins. I think for all pvp games then this idea that me and him have mentioned to cover the skin should happen. I personally think it should be covered all the time.

Posted Sep 7, 2019
  5. Anotha one

Posted Sep 7, 2019
    CupAWup and NothinButNetYT like this.
  6. keep in mind that the skin pack is made by Minecraft not mineplex. and the skin pack itself has been out for years and many players have bought the skin pack I have the skinpack myself and bought it on the xbox 360 years ago. there is not much mineplex can do about the ewok and other half skins. instead of trying to remove the skin off Minecraft why not just block the skin from the server? I have seen many servers do this with unfair skins. however this could create a few problems like @WyckedVixen has said this would block any custom skins that players have made also players shouldn't be forced to redeem there skins because of any advantage. some players have bought the skin pack simply because they are fans of starwars. the only way they could fix this is by changing the hitbox on anyskins that they don't find suitable for pvp and im not sure if that's possible. another thing is that Microsoft has stated that they don't want mineplex to do anything about it. im sorry if this comes off rude im not trying to be

Posted Sep 7, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 7, 2019
    WyckedVixen likes this.
  7. Yeah that is what we have been saying do what the -snip- does and cover the skin. We never said remove the skin. If other serves can do it, Mineplex can do it. They are both under the same rules as featured servers so I don’t see how this is a microsoft problem.

Posted Sep 7, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 7, 2019
  8. yes but as @Kollu has said Microsoft has stated that they don't want mineplex to do anything about it. Microsoft has set guidelines for bedrock and java servers if these servers don't abide by the guidelines they have a chance of being removed from Minecraft. also any other server that blocks any skins that they don't find suitable for pvp however this method also blocks custom skins.

Posted Sep 7, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 7, 2019
  9. Why the heck is LET ME SAY IT AGAIN another featured server allowed to cover and block unfair skins (ewok, r2d2, jawa, yoda, baby ghast, ect.) Your arguement really isn’t valid when another server has successfully blocked these skins without any punishment or shutdown from microsoft.

Posted Sep 7, 2019
  10. These skins are annoying since you cannot see the mini skins' armor, giving a huge advantage for them. When you are fighting them, you have to look down in order to hit them, even when looking up you still can barely touch their mini bodies. They also have better crits and hits on you if they are pc. And when they look up or down, their heads are only looking forward, which is another advantage for the players using these skins. I've noticed plenty of mods abusing this as well in games I've noticed.

Posted Sep 7, 2019
  11. i understand your frustration but again like I said Microsoft has stated that they don't want mineplex to do anything about it. also it would block custom skins. anyways Im going to end the argument here

Posted Sep 7, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 7, 2019
    ItzzFuRy1 likes this.
  12. It would not block custom skins. Im not going to say the servers name but it does not at all block custom skins lol. So whatever system you are referring to is not what I am talking about.

Posted Sep 7, 2019
  13. No it does not block custom skins dude xD. If it is an invisible skin then yes it will block it on the server I am referring to xD. I don’t know where you are getting “blocking custom skins” from

Posted Sep 7, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 7, 2019
  14. I know what server @NothinButNetYT is talking about and what you are saying is incorrect. The method does not block custom skins unless they are invisible skins.

Posted Sep 7, 2019
  15. I dont have much a problem with their hitbox, but what is bad is the fact you dont know their armor.
    You dont know if theyre full diamond armor or leather. You should definitely be able to tell whar armor they use, but idk how theyd code this. But Microsoft may have issues with us if we disable these skins. Im on the fence for this. Also this should only be in pvp based games. Games lkke creative housing shouldnt have this feature.

Also maybe another thing could be like they have a steve hitbox no matter what they look like for actual star war fans and not the people who buy it for the smaller hit box and unknown armor.
    +0

Posted Sep 7, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 8, 2019
    Pumpedpixel likes this.
  16. @Cupi Wupi / CupAWup

It is not a Microsoft problem dude. If other featured servers are able to do it then mineplex can too. Featured Servers all have to follow the same rules and I find it hard to believe that it is Microsoft preventing this from happening. The servers that do this have not been punished at all or got shutdown. There is nothing to be afraid of if they implement this.

Posted Sep 7, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 7, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  17. You said the Bee's Home. You'll get a warning for that. Just.. Warning you

Posted Sep 8, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  18. I have a solution that might work out:

instead of blanketing the skin with a featured skin, blanket it with a skin made by microsoft. Win win imo

AND if they get to choose a skin, they get to choose one they dont own yet. Win for the players who fight these skins, win for the server because they get more players and more money, win for microsoft because they still have skins, and a win for the player because they temporarily (while theyre on the server) get a skin that they dont own. the last one would only be a neg if someone rich enough bought all the skins but otherwise itll be fine :)

Edit: i have so many grammatical errors and i need to edit them out

Posted Sep 10, 2019 at 11:10 PM,
    Last edited Sep 10, 2019 at 11:17 PM
  19. I think the fix is rather simple. Microsoft doesn't need to be involved, the Mineplex server just needs to make all of those skins either white or whatever, but with the same traits as any regular skin.
    If other servers can do this, I don't see why Mineplex can't.

Posted Sep 10, 2019 at 11:24 PM