• 1350 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5506 Players Online
  • 4156 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Suggestion: RPS

Discussion in 'Nano Games' started by SilentLattice31, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Just like the minigame Gladiators but instead of combat, it's luck.

If the player number is an odd number, the one left out gets 5 points.
    Ties award 5 points.
    Winning awards 10 points and losing deducts 5 points.

Because this is the similar ruleset to Gladiators, this may not make it through.

Btw, RPS is short for Rock Paper Scissors.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  2. Hey!

I like the idea but we don't need another luck based game in my opinion. We already have enough, Musical Minecarts, Ores Ores Ores, and some others. Also this is too similar to Gladiators so that is another reason. I give this a -1 but thanks for the idea!

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    Minecraft and SilentLattice31 like this.
  3. Jeez, you didn't necessarily need to show us how much you hate it. If you had simply just said you don't like it, I'd be comfortable with it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 26, 2020
  4. if he had just said he didn't like it he wouldn't be adding anything to the thread. Him giving points like that can help you adjust the game to a better version. If you can't take constructive criticism then maybe you should rethink creating game ideas and posting them on the forums.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    C0C0A and Minecraft like this.
  5. I don't know. There needs to be more detail on how this game is going to work because the concept seems pretty vague. I'd suggest making more detail about how the game would work, or possibly make another idea about a nano game. I feel like, however, NANO games has enough games that have similar objectives just as to what you created, about luck.

I also feel like games that are mostly about luck don't really make the game competitive because there is not really a way to be better than someone else. That is my opinion, but I think this game could be readjusted a bit. I personally don't play nano games a lot, but I think a game related to luck won't really bring more competitive nature to nano games, as there is no way to get better than another player. It's a pretty vague concept if the game is rock paper scissors, and I think there should be more detail about how the game will be played.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    ItsFree likes this.
  6. This would be good for a lobby game, as in people can use a command to go against their friends in RPS, but it would not suit as a good game for the multiplayer lobbies.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  7. If you didn't want any constructive criticism on your thread, why even make one?

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  8. I'm not entirely against the idea, though it does seem a bit repetitive. Seeing as how it's an exact copy of gladiators already, minus the PvP, I feel that it wouldn't be adding much value to Nano Games at all. On top of that, it doesn't really involve a lot of skill and is more based off of chance as there's not a real strategy for Rock Paper Scissors. That being said, I don't really see any benefit to adding the game as-is.

I think a potentially better idea would be to split the lobby of people in Nano Games in half during a game of Quick. It would be one round of Rock Paper Scissors and whoever wins against their opponent gets a point in Quick. If you're the odd one out, you get a point anyways.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  9. Like said above, I believe there could be other ways of having RPS in a way that others will find comfortable, but for now, I have no ideas for further suggesting this idea.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 27, 2020