• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11952 Players Online
  • 9062 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Suggestion: Kit leveling/Progression

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Voltss, May 24, 2020.

1. Was just thinking about how skywars has a leveling system in which you play a certain kit and through playing numerous games and winning, you gain experience and level the kit up to a maximum of level 100, for example in skywars, Ice kit as you level it, progressively lowers its cooldown and increases its uptime. I just want to suggest that they bring that same leveling system to the SG kits as it would 1. Bring an incentive to play with a variety of kits 2. It would make certain kits become better (ex: leveling warlock -> reduces cooldown significantly at max level), (increase dmg to certain abilities or add a passive to kits without ones at max level), (Beastmaster at max rank gives you a cub wolf alongside the main one that acts the same way) Just some examples. I feel like this would be a great improvement to the game as a whole and would encourage a wide usage of kits and attract more players. Thanks for reading!

Posted May 24, 2020
    Lollipop Molli likes this.
  2. Heyo!

I like the idea, but I just don't know if it would work out so well. Having something like this in SG I feel like it would be a little too powerful. There has already been people that don't like how powerful some of the kits are, and adding something like this would cause more commotion. Although the idea is good, it will cause problems for the players, and make certain players who don't have their kits as high of a level more infuriated. It's gonna have to be a -1 from me, but I can't wait to hear what others say. Thanks! Have a great week! :)

Posted May 24, 2020
    Lollipop Molli and Venez like this.
  3. I agree with what 0775 said. Since I've only recently started playing survival games, although I've played quite a bit, the difference in power levels of each kit are already an issue. If you're less good at pvp or not good at aiming axes, barbarian is such a powerful ability, as it gives you a way to disorient you enemies while doing damage, while if you're an op axeman you can just spam axes at people, nullifying most of the melee combat necessary. Increasing the power levels of some kits would honestly be gross, and since a large part of sg is already based off of knowledge, like how to use kits and which areas have enchants or crafting tables, adding a leveling system could make it even harder to approach for new players than it already is. I think you've got some great ideas there, but considering the way survival games is, I don't believe this is the right game to give a leveling system to.

Posted May 25, 2020
    0775 likes this.
  4. I'm not so sure if kit progression is a good idea. While I do agree it would give incentive to long-time players to keep on playing and level up their kits, this sort of concept will naturally lock newer players out and discourage them from playing the game on an active basis, as it will make games against experienced players a lot more harder than it already is (due to the kits being unbalanced). For the same reason this would also discourage long-time players to try out different kits, as it would be a large step down from the kit that they main. So overall I don't believe this idea would help the long-term health of the game if it were to be implemented, so I'm against it being a thing.

Posted May 25, 2020