• 416 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5378 Players Online
  • 4962 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Suggestion: Buy Bricks with Emeralds

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Fusafez, Jun 25, 2020.

?

Do you think this should be added?

Poll closed Jul 2, 2020.
  1. Yes

76.5%
  2. Yes, with some changes (please list below)

5.9%
  3. No

17.6%
  1. Now, reading the title of the thread, you may be wondering why anyone would need to exchange emeralds for bricks, since gear in the emerald shop is better than gear in the brick shop. Well, some items in the brick shop, such as arrows and building blocks (other than obsidian) are needed late-game, namely after cake rot. Personally, I mainly buy iron gear until cake rot, so I can save my emeralds to purchase diamond armor once I can no longer respawn. Anyways, I always find myself short on bricks near the end, so I can't buy more arrows for combat. Since there is already a feature that allows players to exchange 20 bricks for 1 emerald, I think it'd be helpful to add one in the emerald shop to exchange 1 emerald for 20 bricks! That way, players won't be stuck waiting at their islands for more bricks to spawn in their generators after cake rot. Unlike emeralds, the amount of bricks generated can't be increased by capturing beacons, so I just think adding a way to get them from emeralds would be neat.

Posted Jun 25, 2020
    SALB, rmotheram, zytrus and 4 others like this.
  2. Hey there,
    Honestly, this is quite an interesting idea. Although, adding this would speed up the gameplay a lot.
    Scenario: If a chest spawns, a player will likely find emeralds or bricks in the chest.
    Let's say the player finds 12 emeralds; they will be able to buy a pearl and then have five emeralds left.
    They will then return two emeralds to receive 40 bricks and buy full iron armor.
    This player will be able to rush other teams quite quickly into the game.
    Or if a team rushes to capture a side beacon, they will be able to stack up on armor and rush others. Experienced players will know how to take advantage of this addon easily, and it won't be enjoyable for newer players. This idea isn't bad at all. There are just a few things that will need to be changed to make this fair.
    Modification:
    Perhaps the exchanging of emeralds for bricks is only enabled during CakeRot and not before.
    Instead of receiving 20 bricks for one emerald, returning one emerald will give five to 10 bricks.
    Conclusion:
    In my opinion, I feel like CakeWars is doing quite well and doesn't need this addon right now unless its how I said above. :)
    Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jun 25, 2020
    BankOfAtlas, idcmax and Sleick_97 like this.
  3. That's an interesting idea, and definitely something I'd like to see if this were to be implemented! You make a good point about armor being easily purchased early in the game, so I agree there would need to be changes, such as a diminished number of bricks one would receive for an emerald (possibly 10 or 8).

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 26, 2020
    SALB, rmotheram and Truthhs like this.
  4. This idea is pretty interesting, but I'm not too sure I really agree with it. Bricks aren't really that essential, especially later in the game. If you find yourself running out of them when purchasing arrows and other items near the end, I suggest you start saving them from the start. If your team is able to save up nether stars and purchase Resource Generator 2 at some point in the middle of the game, I can promise you you'll have enough to purchase as many arrows as you need towards Cake Rot if you save them properly. I think the way it's currently set up requires a bit more strategy, because in order to get enough bricks to be ready for the end of the match, you have to hold down the middle beacon and use your stars to upgrade your generator, as opposed to just holding down one of the 4 emerald beacons a few seconds to secure you almost an entire set of iron armor. That would extremely alter gameplay, especially at the start of matches, and you wouldn't see players fighting as often in leather.

Imagine at the beginning of a game, if a team decides to rush an emerald beacon and capture it while the rest of their team is sitting on the generator. Each player receives gems, which would almost instantly provide three-quarters of the team with full iron armor. Like mentioned above, it's been suggested to lower the amount to around 10, but even that's pretty game breaking and defeats the purpose of saving your materials at the start of the match, which in my opinion adds more strategy as you have to decide whether you want to use the bricks to protect your cake, bridge off, purchase weapon/armor upgrades, etc.

I can understand why you would want to see this added, but I just don't think it would have a positive impact on the game and reduce a ton of the strategical options a team has to do at the start of the game.

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  5. Hey there!
    This idea is pretty interesting, however I'm not sure if Cake Wars needs this addition. As Trutths and idcmax said above, adding this into the game could be game-breaking. I definitely agree with you though as I also see myself not having bricks but having emeralds, especially early game. If this was added to the game, I think that it should be 1 emerald for 5 bricks, as I see that is a fair amount and doesn't allow players to instantly stack on iron armor.
    +0

Posted Jun 26, 2020
    NetheriteMiner likes this.