• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [Suggestion] Adding Skins to Bedrock Profile

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Dillionia, Feb 13, 2020.

?

Would you like to see Bedrock skins added to forum character profiles?

1. Yes, I’d like to see this added!

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No thanks, I’d rather we all be Steves forever.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hey!

I’m not sure how possible this is, but I thought it would be a nice idea to share (and possibly implement)! What if we could have Bedrock skin additions for the website/forums that would look similar to the Java ones instead of just Steve skins? Since I know it would be pretty difficult to sync them upon in-game changes (especially across platforms), I suggest they’d be changed manually through the website. (I’m pretty sure that they are synced to the website through name.mc links for Java and that is why it would not work for Bedrock edition).

We could do this by selecting a skin as an image file/layout just as you would select a custom skin on Pocket Edition (xbox players would also be able to have custom skins on the forums :D since I don’t think this feature works for them in games. But it just might be doable on the forums). Anyways, just a thought. I think it would be a nice addition/update to the forums. Any feedback/thoughts/information about this suggestion would be great!

Thanks!

—Disclaimer:
    I got the impression after discussing this idea a bit on the discord that people thought I was saying this was an “issue” with the forums. I do not think that this is an issue, it is ONLY a suggestion.
    This post may be updated continually as I get more information about the idea.

—Update:
    I’ve been told that in-game Bedrock skin changes can be saved, though with the current skin situation, I still stand by this idea. I was also told that Java skins are synced to the website through their API (Application Programming Interface).

Posted Feb 13, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 13, 2020
  2. Hello!

I’ve actually been having similar thoughts myself. I’m not a particular fan of the Steve in place of your Bedrock skin, but I quite like the custom skin it displays for Java. I kept telling myself it would be impossible to implement, but you’ve proven me wrong. I like the concept of being able to select, in a sense, which skin you want to display on your Bedrock skin. Maybe it could be an option in user settings and look something like:
    [​IMG]

The “link” section would be where you inputed the URL to the custom skin you would like to be displayed. Additionally, as well as showing the head outcrop for the Java skin, it should show the Bedrock skin as well. Removing the bedrock symbol and replacing it with your own character. Overall, this would be an awesome change to the forums, and I would like to see it implemented, thanks for suggesting it!

Posted Feb 13, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 and Dillionia like this.