• 1162 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6956 Players Online
  • 5794 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Suggestion: Add Rank History

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by OnGodItsEric, Sep 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey!
    So recently I finished creating my signature and I wanted to add the dates I had for each of my ranks onto my signature but wasn't able to remember what date it was when I bought my Hero rank all those years ago. After looking around the Mineplex website and account settings I noticed there is not currently a system where you can view your rank purchase history, or some sort of system that shows you your previous ranks. I believe this feature should be added to this website somewhere under your account information for a few reasons which I will list.

1. If you're someone who's had every rank since Ultra, you could show it off to everyone who views your page. Not necessarily something that is too too important, however, I think it would be cool to display your previous ranks to show off your dedication to the server as well how long you've been playing on Mineplex.
    2. In my case, it would help people remember the date in which they bought their rank so they could not only maybe reflect on their past ranks, but even use it to formulate the dates of their previous ranks into their signature if they had any situation similar to mine where they've been playing on Mineplex for a long time and maybe bought a rank several years ago but no longer has that rank. It can be hard to remember the date in which you bought it if it's been so long.
    At the end of the day, this is just a suggestion, and is in no way necessary for Mineplex's website. However, I personally would enjoy seeing something like this added into the system, either just for fun, or for creative purposes. Any feedback on this is always welcome. :)

Posted Sep 13, 2020
  2. Hey, Eric! I totally agree with this! My rank history was Titan > Eternal > Immortal! I love this idea you come up with!

Posted Sep 13, 2020
    OnGodItsEric likes this.
  3. Hey there,

Honestly, I don't see a use for this feature, at least in my eyes.

If you want to check when you purchased a rank be sure to check this list;
    • Check your email for Enjin purchases via email (since before Xenforo/Buycraft, Mineplex used to use Enjin as all-in-one forums and store system)
    • Check your messages on enjin, every purchase made on enjin you would have been messaged like the attached image below: [​IMG]
    • If not on enjin's side check your email for Tebex/Mineplex, an example can be shown:[​IMG]

Other than that there's really no other public information for when you get your ranks and I'd find it pretty useless in my opinion due to the fact that it's going to waste time developing a system to comb through transaction logs to find logs for every single user and I just don't see any need to waste time, Yes It might be nostalgic but it really isn't needed in my eyes.

Kind regards
    - Sake

Posted Sep 13, 2020
    Paladise, Mathuu, Snvy and 1 other person like this.
  4. Hey!
    Thanks for the feedback. After giving Enjin a try, I was able to log into my account in which I made back in 2015. (I honestly had no idea this even existed). I assume this was made to purchase my Hero rank back then, but that was 5 years ago and I honestly cannot remember if that's the case or not. When I logged into it, I checked every area in my account and couldn't find any trace of information about a Mineplex purchase. Either It just wasn't purchased through Enjin or something else entirely. About the email situation, well, I was about 13 when I got Hero rank on Mineplex (about 5 years ago), and I for sure wasn't making any money to buy that rank myself, so, at the time, my parents bought it for me. Obviously I cannot check an email sent to them 5 years ago as it was such a long time ago, it's just way too time consuming to sift through.

This leads me into my point I want to make which is yes, although some people might've bought their rank through the Enjin system while it was still the system to buy it from, but what if that player did not? Or what if they are not sure what their login information was as it would've been such a long time ago? Most of us who play Mineplex now who are around my age would've just been young teens or even younger back when the Enjin system was a thing. Not saying that it is a bad idea to check it, I'm sure it could definitely help out certain players, but I'm also sure there would be players like me in which it doesn't help, therefore I cannot say it is a certified way to counteract this predicament.

It is because of this that I still stand firm to my idea. Now, I am in no way an expert in coding, but I'm fairly positive the dev team wouldn't have to manually sift through each and every players transaction history. Like I said, I'm no expert, but I assume all you would need to do is setup some system that detects your accounts rank history and have it all done through a couple programming techniques.

I appreciate your effort in helping though and if you have anymore feedback to give, I would love to continue this discussion. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 13, 2020
  5. Yo!

If this is even possible to add, then sure. A few people put their rank history in their signature or description on their wall and include purchasable ranks which they might not precisely know when they bought it. I bought Legend, Titan, & Eternal rank yet I don't necessarily remember the date I bought them, which is unfortunate. Again, I'm not too sure if this is possible to add due to the way the forums is set up along with rank purchasing. Anyways, I don't see a huge issue with the idea besides it might not being possible, but thanks for the suggestion :)

Posted Sep 13, 2020
  6. Honestly, why not? This is a simple feature that could be interesting to look at. I know a few people that have their rank history in their bio/signature but they can't remember the exact dates of purchasing them. Adding a feature on the website that shows a more detailed rank history, including dates, could be useful in some cases. I'm not sure if it's developmentally possible since there would be so many different users to account for, but if possible, I think it could be included in a future website QoL update.

In response to the Enjin argument, yes, a player can just look through their Enjin messages to find the exact dates of purchases. However, not everyone here had an account on Enjin, and some users might not remember their login details to their Enjin account. So while it may work with some, it might not with others. So overall, while not needed, I think it could be an interesting addition to the website and wouldn't mind seeing something like it added.

Posted Sep 13, 2020
    Young_Inventor and OnGodItsEric like this.
  7. I'm all for this, as long as it's actually possible to implement. I am unsure of what kind of coding and development would have to go into this, but I think that if it's not too difficult, we should definitely add it. If it's something that is manual and would require every single player to be looked into manually, I'd probably say this isn't worth it since it's such a small feature and that would take so long. Some ranks we wouldn't be able to see anymore though because we may have bought them on Enjin and may not have access to that account, but at least for everyone else who has been buying all their ranks on these Xenforo forums, I think this idea would be really beneficial for them. I don't see any negatives for implementing this idea, but if it's too difficult to implement, or not possible, then perhaps it's not necessary.

Posted Sep 13, 2020
    OnGodItsEric likes this.
  8. Nothing wrong with that

Posted Sep 14, 2020
    OnGodItsEric likes this.
  9. We do not plan to add a rank history here on the website.
    Yes, it is possible to do, but we find it unnecessary as you already get emails for when you purchase anything from our shop. You're free to keep track of the rank yourself, but we do not want to be relied on for such a thing.

Thanks for the idea, but we will be denying it. This will be marked as not planned and locked as we aren't looking to add something like this at all in the future. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Sep 14, 2020
    OnGodItsEric likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.