• 267 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1174 Players Online
  • 907 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Subteams

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Epicbuilder435, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Hello!
    My question here is for all staff members, the question is what led you to join a sub team and how much more work is being asked of you since you joined that certain sub team?
    Can't wait to read responses!
    ~Epic

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  2. Heya!

So as you can see, I am currently not part of any sub-teams but I have previously been staff and joined 3 sub teams in 2017.

RP [​IMG](Reports Patrol)

This was my very first sub-team and I was so excited to be accepted! I decided to join this team as I figured it would be a great way to be more active on the forums as I wasn't a huge fan of making forum posts and it also satisfied my enjoyment of helping out and punishing more rule-breakers.

MCA [​IMG] (Moderator Coordination Assistant) (Now known as MA)

I joined this team when I became Mod as 2 of my best friends were on Mod Coord (which has no merged with Trainee Management into Staff Management) and I wanted to be able to help out and their jobs seemed very interesting. I also really had no idea of what teams I wanted to join and was a little nervous as I am normally not very good with applications for fortunately enough I was accepted and I can honestly say I enjoyed it so much!

I enjoyed it that much that I am heading for MA (Mentoring Assistant) and ultimately Staff Management this time around!

TSS [​IMG] (Teamspeak Staff) (Now disbanded due to moving to Discord)

I joined this team as I really enjoyed spending time on the Mineplex Teamspeak and wanted to be able to help out to a greater extent!

Posted Apr 20, 2019
    xOeuf, FabianTuck and Epicbuilder435 like this.
  3. I'm part of Ideas Team, and I love it! I'm still in my trial for 6 more days, but the work isn't too tough. I enjoy contributing to the community so it suits me well! I joined because I've always been interested in coming up with ideas for Mineplex and critiquing them. The Ideas Team is the perfect place for me!

Posted Apr 20, 2019
    Epicbuilder435 likes this.

4. Thank you for putting a good amount of effort into this reply it was fun reading and RP sounds like an awesome sub team because who doesn't love to be on forums a lot. Goodluck on Staff Management also.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 20, 2019
  5. Ideas Team gets kind of boring after a while as it's repeating the same thing but I was on it for a year. It's basically Comment > Trello Card > Talk on Forums > repeat. If that's up your alley though, feel free to go for it.

Game Insights I joined around Julyish? It's an amazing team with some fantastic people on it. I joined mostly because the rules are more lenient when it comes to debating on ideas and game changes, which benefits the community more equally. Plus it just feels like a second home to me. Sadly there are some changes I dislike but it's overall my favorite team.

Translations Team is pretty cool as well. If you know a second language you can translate strings for the bedrock server. It's more individual work which is why I enjoy it a bit more.

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  6. (if you consider builders staff)

[​IMG]
    (Map submissions team) As the name suggests we inspect all the community map submissions we get and go through them to see whether they are ready to go into testing. Before I was builder, I submitted maps (to no success, unfortunately) and luckily for me, it was a smooth process in which my maps received valuable feedback. Now I get to give the same to other aspiring mapmakers in the community, which is a bonus. Work-wise there's a lot to go through but I enjoy it.

[​IMG]
    (Builder applications team) Probably my favourite team, and again as the name suggests we go through builder applications, as well as oversee the one-month builder trial for those who pass the first two stages. I enjoy getting to work with the builders on trial as well as helping applicants. Being on both teams there's quite a bit added to my plate compared to just being a builder on no teams, however, the work is not bad and these teams were the right choice for me.

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  7. Currently, I am in 5 sub-teams right now! The 5 sub-teams will be Streams team, Forum Moderator, Reports Patrol, Event Assistance, and Ideas team! I used to be in the TeamSpeak Staff and Music Moderation team; both of the sub-teams were disbanded. This was because we moved away from TeamSpeak and Plug DJ last year.

I remember that I got accepted to Reports Patrol the first time on August 8, 2016, because I feel like this was one of my favorite sub-team I want to become. I was accepted to Forum Moderator on December 11, 2016, the first time. Unfortunately, I resigned from Forum Moderator and Reports Patrol around late February 2017. Two years later, I rejoined Reports Patrol and Forum Moderator! I got accepted to Streams team on May 13, 2017, and I have been to this team for almost 2 years. I joined one Community sub-team, Event Assistance on March 6, 2018, because I love to help out the Mineplex Event! I have been an Event Assistance for a year now! I also joined the second community sub-team, Ideas team on July 13, 2018!

I remember that I got accepted to TeamSpeak Staff on my 16th birthday which was March 2, 2016. This was way back when I was a Trainee before I got promoted to Moderator. I was accepted to Karaoke Host on April 9, 2016, before it was merged to Event Assistance. I was also part of the Music Moderation Team which was around late 2017.

Overall, all of my current sub-teams looks fantastic! :)

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  8. Heyo!
    I love these types of threads since I can see how others' feel about teams n their progress on them! Personally, I am apart of 6 sub-teams which include
    • Ideas Team
    • Streams Team
    • Mineplex Marketplace Team
    • Mentoring Assistant
    • Content Creator Council
    • Reports Patrol (Assistance)
    Outside of my sub-team work, I'm currently a Java Sr.Mod under the Quality Assurance team & most recently being today I was accepted as a Bedrock Trainee which makes me a cross-platform staff member. I'd say each team has had an experience with me since I was a past forum mod/ ninja all teams have really opened me up to how Mineplex works and the community which is what I love the most! As always if you are a community member you can always check www.mineplex.com/apps to see if any applications are open there for you guys.

Posted Apr 21, 2019
    Shaiym likes this.
  9. Currently, I'm on 2 sub-teams, map testing and game insights. I love them both but the map testing team has become like a family to me. It's a very chill environment and the work is super fun. Love all you other map testers <333. GI is also a super fun and relaxed team, but lately, there hasn't been as much to do which makes me sad. Love both teams to death though and being on them both is some of the most fun I've had on Mineplex. I just like feeling like my time here has some sort of purpose so sub-teams definitely do that for me.

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  10. Well, I've been on 12 different sub-teams since I joined the Mineplex staff team back in 2015, so you could say I've got a little experience with them. Some of the sub-teams that I have been a part of have since been disbanded and others are still around. I'll focus on detailing the sub-teams that I am currently on for now, but if you'd like me to include the others, let me know and I'll make another post.

I'll start with the Forum Moderator team since I'm clearly not a forum mod but have the tag on the forums. Currently, I lead the Forum Moderator sub-team where I oversee the progress of all of the forum moderators. Though I'm not a forum mod, I still have to dedicate a lot of time to ensure the members of the team are doing their jobs appropriately. I produce weekly progress reports for them to track their progress and give feedback on their work. Progress reports can take multiple hours to create because I calculate all of the moderations that they carry out each week, warnings that are issued and I read through every post that they make to ensure the quality of their posts aren't lacking. Fortunately, I have some great forum moderators on the team with high activity levels. On the downside of that, the more active they are, the more work there is for me. I don't mind it though.

I'm also a member of the Rules Committee where I assist with rule discussions within the team, punishing players for inappropriate names and helping staff members and community members better understand the rules. I try to go through inappropriate names periodically to ensure that players that should be punished receive their correct punishments. Sometimes names get backed up, so it can take a little longer to process them, but generally, it doesn't take very long to go through names and punish them. The other portion of the team is just being available and willing to help out with questions or discussions whenever they come up.

Another team that I have been a part of for almost as long as I have been a staff member is the Reports Patrol team where I currently serve as a Reports Patrol Assistant. That basically just means that I'm a Senior Moderator on the Reports Patrol team and we have less quotas to meet since our Sr. Mod responsibilities come first. We still receive the same training and have the same guidelines to follow as anyone else on the Reports Patrol team. We just have different expectations. When I first joined the team in 2015, the work load was a lot more than it currently is because we had so many reports to process. I remember the days of having 600 pages of reports from players that needed to be answered. Luckily, we were able to process those and get reports to the point where they are processed within a few days at the latest. For me, I can usually answer reports for about an hour and meet my quota and that's on a monthly basis, so it's really not time consuming. However, I always try to go above the quota and help out more than what is required, so I'll usually spend an hour once a week or so to answering reports.

The final team that I am currently on is the Ideas Team. Being a part of the forums team already allows me to comment on a lot of players' ideas already, so I'm actually dedicating time to two teams at once sometimes. This team takes a bit more time to dedicate to because I go through and read players' ideas and the responses that other players have made on them before responding with my own opinions. There are sometimes where I don't feel strongly about ideas or players have already covered all that I had to say, so I may decide not to respond. Otherwise, it just takes some time to write out your opinions because you don't want to just leave a one sentence response that isn't really helpful.

All in all, I think it's all about the individual staff member and their time management skills when it comes to joining a sub-team or multiple ones. They definitely take up more time than just regular moderation, but I find them extremely fun and rewarding.

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  11. I've joined GI. It's really chill and you don't have to be on 24/7 - but it certainly helps with getting ideas across (or if you're me, just reading what others have to say).
    You're staff.
    Builders are part of the MP team and do a lot to maintain the quality of the server. There's so much more you guys do but that first part in itself already qualifies as staff my guy.
    <3

Posted Apr 21, 2019