• 402 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8840 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[Submission] Super Paintball - Highway

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by kanapooanaokala, Sep 14, 2019.

?

Should this map be added to the game?

1. Ye

2. No

3. Yes, but it needs more work

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I started this map in 2015, and decided to pick it back up recently. I finally finished it today, and so I decided I'd give it a shot as a submission. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    Zapix likes this.
  2. Hey @kanapooanaokala ,
    In my opinion, this looks great! It fits the Super Paintball minigame style very well. I love how the spawnpoints are right outside the bus (I see what you were going for :P) It also looks very nice from above! Hope this or something similar to "Highway" is added to Super Paintball one day!

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  3. Thanks a ton man I really appreciate it. I'm glad you saw what I did with the busses too. I really wanted to use cars to make more interesting sniping points and I think I managed to pull it off.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 14, 2019
    Zapix likes this.
  4. Hey buddy!

This is honestly a really impressive build! I am not just saying that for no reason; the general idea of the build is unique and awesome, the blocks and colour combinations you used do complement each other, and generally, it is quite a well-structured map. I really do praise you for your efforts. I do not know much about map making, but either way, I don't think there is much you can improve upon to make your map even better. I really, really hope I can see this map in the Super Paintball rotation soon!

I am not sure if you are aware, but you can submit this map at https://www.mineplex.com/mapsubmissions/. I would highly recommend you also read the Map Submissions Guide prior to submitting your map, to ensure it meets all of Mineplex's requirements. In my opinion, I would 110% recommend submitting this map, I believe it has a great chance of being added onto the server!

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    BasicT likes this.
  5. Thanks a ton man, I really appreciate it. I’m definitely gonna submit it at that link. I’m super glad you like it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 14, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  6. Recently I've been getting into paintball a fair bit so whilst this map shows a lot of effort and does look aesthetically pleasing, there are a few gameplay issues I can see straight away.

- Ladders are not good for a gamemode of this type. I feel like you'd spend too much time climbing a ladder and once on it, you wouldn't be able to dodge any paintballs being fired at you - with that being said, maybe lower down the spawn points so people will be able to just jump down?
    - Removing the middle bridge access - although this adds some layers, you still have the ladder issue, maybe create some parkour areas to get up to it?
    - Potentially reduce the number of cars and add smaller bits of protection to create a more 'open' space and so people can manoeuvre round more and opposing teams can see players from a far.

Other than these, I think the map is great! Well done.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  7. The map looks really open, with straight lines down the middle of the roads along the entire map. My knowledge of paintball isn't the best, but I think this would make the sniper kit really overpowered and it would be unbalanced, considering you can snipe someone instantly as the game starts from one spawn to the other. Perhaps you could make that middle bridge into a railway with a train on it, so there are still gaps between the carriages for sniping but they're smaller so it's harder to instantly kill someone. Or just move the spawns down to the bottom layer, as staying up at the current spawns would be super overpowered, since to get up there everyone has to climb the ladders, making them easy targets.

I also think that it's a bit boring with the same bits of protection on the entire map. Perhaps one lane could have a crashed lorry blocking the road? Just something to make it less repetitive.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  8. These are some good points, I’ll definitely try to close off the spawns a little bit more and the train is also a great idea
    --- Post updated ---
    You’re absolutely right about the ladders. I will be replacing those with parkour today. As for reducing the amount of cars, I think I could instead replace some cars with motorcycles to make it more open.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2019
  9. Hey!

This map looks really good! The only thing I would add is to make the cars block straight lines. Also, If you could make the map not as long it would maybe make it a little better? It's just too open right now to be a super paintball map.

Other than that, good map! Make sure to submit it in the map submissions when you are done!

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  10. visually, it's very appealing, and there aren't too many gameplay issues that immediately stand out to me (that other people haven't already pointed out) besides the fact that it looks like sniper sightlines galore. probably my main issue with the map, looks good otherwise and you should definitely submit it once you have a finalized version

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  11. I've never been a big paintball player, but I'm going to just tell you, if this was in the game, I'd play!! Nice build good work! Hope to see more from you soon in the future!

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  12. Hey,

Awesome build! The detail with the cars and the structures will for sure give an awesome player experience. Also, the way you planned out the map was very smart. I think with the map players will have to be tactical, something Super Paintball is all about! Overall, awesome map!

Have a nice day,

Notserp

Posted Sep 17, 2019
  13. Looks really nice but I feel like you should add red to red sides and blue to blue sides to show more what side of the map you are on.

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  14. This is a real neat looking map for PB. Replacing some cars with motorcycles like you mentioned above would add some more diversity to the build. I'm not a PB person, but something that I noticed is the walls look easy to climb (which would be helpful for those cross sections on the highway). To keep people from getting out of the map either some barrier blocks or a void barrier would be a good idea.
    I see the line of red/blue clay on the cross sections, but doesn't seem like it would be easy to spot at time. Maybe adding billboards above each spawn with the corresponding color would work better if you can make that work with the map. Looks good thus far!

Posted Sep 29, 2019