• 1489 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13037 Players Online
  • 11548 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Strike Games

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Sorhu, Feb 22, 2021.

1. I love MineStrike, and I also love the occasional Survival Game. I’m not sure if you guys remember, but a while back there was a crossover game of these two, and it was called the Strike Games. Basically SG with MineStrike guns and grenades. I really enjoyed that game and am still upset that it was removed-I feel like it had great potential. Please comment your username and like this post to join the petition to bring back the Strike Games. The more replies and likes this gets, the more staff look at it.

#BringBackStrikeGames

Posted Feb 22, 2021
  2. I personally wouldn't want this to be added simply because I wouldn't want it taking away from the main SG and MS games. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to this being added to the MPS selection.

Posted Feb 22, 2021
  3. no, but it should be added back to MPS along with MANY other games.

Posted Feb 22, 2021
  4. I actually like this idea a lot and enjoyed playing the game when it was in the Gem Fountain. However, I don't agree it needs it's own game mode at this point in time. Survival Games and Minstrike has lost a lot of players in the previous years and I would not want to add another game mode that could potentially crash those game modes. I do agree with what ClassyOwl mentioned and that's adding the game to MPS's either by just adding it or adding it to the Immortal shop as a game someone can activate if they're Immortal. I think either option works because it adds the game "back" without actually giving it it's own game mode.

Posted Mar 6, 2021
  5. It was dead when mineplex had 8k players and it would be dead now that mineplex struggles to hhit 2k

Posted Mar 7, 2021
  6. I can't see it coming back any time soon as a full gamemode. With current playercount, it's just not going to happen.

I did enjoy the game when it was available though, and I know many others that did too. This is why I'd love to see it come back during an event, like Castle Siege did over Christmas (if they still have the code). Otherwise it would get unpopular over time, but bringing it back like this would be nice.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
  7. Heyo!
    This is a nice idea and I do have your support on it. This can be great for an event hosted from our Event Squad! The potential of adding this game can not get as much attention as we hope due to it only being a texture pack game. I used to not be able to run them, but now I can. There is almost majority players that can't run texture pack games and won't be as fair. I love minestrike, don't play it anymore but it is fun. SG is definitely my top game to play too, as well as a good bit of other players.
    Good luck with your thread, and have a great one!
    <3

Posted Mar 14, 2021
    Fusafez and Sorhu like this.
  8. i'd like to see it for sure, i like the idea of it being in the immortal shop too, like Area 51 Raid

Posted Mar 25, 2021
  9. Heya!

I'd like to start off by thanking you for sharing your idea! I really liked Strike Games and played it a lot when it was available to play. Minestrike used to be one of my highest played games and I do enjoy playing Survival Games sometimes as well. I thought that Strike Games was a really neat mix between the two, and I really enjoyed how I was able to use the Minestrike weapons freely on such open, expanded maps. Now if I remember correctly, the game didn't explode with massive attention for a large portion of when it was out, although it did get a solid amount of attention from the player-base for a good amount of time. Some people above have expressed the concern that by re-adding Strike Games, attention would be pulled away from Minestrike and Survival Games. This concern, in my opinion, is definitely valid and could ultimately be true upon re-adding the game. That said, I think that a few different things can be done with this idea:
    • We could take the chance and re-add Strike Games, then monitor its initial success and its overall success in terms of popularity, and then finally decide what to do from there.
    • Temporarily re-add it. You may recall that Castle Siege was somewhat recently re-added for a few weeks leading up to around New Years. Overall, the player count was pretty substantial as a lot of individuals wanted to play the older game that was being re-implemented for an exclusively short period of time. Something like that could be pretty fun and I know that I would very likely play it, and it would also give the staff team the opportunity to monitor its relative success within a specific timeframe.
    • Host it in events. Events are known for twisting gameplay up in fun and unique ways, and also sometimes playing older games as well. I could see Strike Games being played in some events at some point in the future, and think that overall it would be pretty neat to see for the community.
    • Add the game to MPSs. You can find several games in an MPS that have been removed from the network but are still available to play there. I personally don't see any harm in doing that, though I'm not too sure about the required Developer-time it would take to do so. Ultimately, while it wouldn't have to be a priority for them obviously (as there are many other things of importance to be done for the network), I think that only good could come out of including the game there for people to play.
    • Directly ask the community what it wants. If Mineplex does truly consider re-adding Strike Games, perhaps it can give a poll or two to the community to see what percentage of the respondents do in fact want to see the game return. That data alone could potentially give the staff team a rough idea of how successful the game would be if re-implemented.
    • Re-add Strike Games with a few new twists that weren't present in its last release. This could make the gameplay more interesting and could attract a larger number of players.
    • Do a combination of the ideas mentioned above. For example, add the game to MPSs and temporarily re-add it to the network. In that case for example, it would allow the staff team to review its popularity during the time that the game is out and would also allow players to permanently enjoy the game whenever they want in MPSs.
    With all of that said, I also acknowledge that there are many other priorities for Developers and the staff team in general, and the idea would have to be evaluated, deliberated upon, and decided on over a period of time, and would then also have to take some time for implementation if it is decided that it should return. Whether it is worth it or not really depends on its determined potential for success. Overall though, I definitely enjoyed the game and I think it would be really neat if it were to return at some point in the future, whether in a temporary or permanent state.

Thanks for sharing your idea!

Posted Mar 27, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 27, 2021
    Sorhu likes this.