• 1098 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7871 Players Online
  • 6773 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Stop Search After Game Starts

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Ducksicle, Apr 25, 2021.

1. title, automatically stop searching for games once the game has begun. I always forget that I did /nbg and then randomly get sent to new games mid-fight.

Posted Apr 25, 2021
    Amg, mab8400, BINGUSLOVER27 and 3 others like this.
  2. Sometimes its useful to be nbg during a game. Also, there should be a queue timer and count in the middle of the screen while you're searching?

Posted Apr 25, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  3. If I'm not mistaken, the timer disappears once the game begins

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 25, 2021
  4. It stays for me, the nbg system is a little buggy so it might not sometimes

Posted Apr 25, 2021
    Ducksicle likes this.
  5. I agree with this. A few times I will be in the middle of an SSM game and get sent randomly to a new one as I still have my /nbg or /playagain rolling over from when I was waiting in the lobby. This has happened to me a few times recently and although it is not urgent as you can /stopsearch I feel as though it would be a nice small addition.

Posted Apr 25, 2021
  6. I see where you're coming from but I personally like being able to play a few games of nano while in queue for another game, so I feel like it's best if there was a /pref for this

It stays unless there's another in game msg in that same place

Posted Apr 25, 2021
    mab8400, Ducksicle and 90k like this.
  7. I agree that you should automatically be removed from the queue when a game starts. Literally today I was playing Micro Battle and was in the middle of a game when I was moved to another Micro Battle server because I was still in the queue.

Posted Apr 25, 2021
  8. Yeah agreed, not sure why this wouldn't be added to be honest. It's simple enough and definitely an issue I've had to deal with in the past; for example a couple weeks ago I was in the middle of a Skywars game and it sent me to another lobby mid-game. It's definitely annoying and a good possible QoL change. +1 from me!

Posted Apr 25, 2021
    Ducksicle likes this.
  9. Hello!

I get your concern here, and I can agree it's not that cool to get sending to a new game in the middle of a fight. That's just not the ideality of Butch system since originally it was planned to have it without waiting lobbies which later was cancelled, and we've got waiting lobbies how it always used to be.

Anyway, moving to your idea I can say something what you suggest can be implemented in the way that it will auto unqueue you just when it hits 5 seconds until game start along with disabling all cosmetics as we already have it.

In general, I'll give +1 to that idea, thanks for suggesting it! I can see situations where it can be a bit annoying.

There are few known issues with Butch queue system (including /nbg working) which will be resolved when it will become possible to do. Something what is discussed in that thread isn't really Butch issue, but it's just how it's made, and I think that we should add that behavior which I brought higher in my post and what we discuss here.

Posted May 3, 2021
    Ducksicle likes this.
  10. +1

Posted May 3, 2021
  11. Biiiiiiiiiig +1 to this (though this should be placed in general-idea-discussion lmfao).
    There are times when I'm in a decently sized party, we finally get into a game that's juuuuuust about to start... and then, a few seconds after it starts, we're all sent to another lobby, leaving those two or three players on our team who weren't in our party to be kinda boned for the entire round (yes I'm referring to bridges).
    It really sucks because, logically, when you're in a game, you wouldn't need to be searching for said game... But this is Mineplex, so logic need not apply I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    -Dan

Posted May 3, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  12. I agree with this idea completely, I feel like people are often unwillingly removed from their games due to this and that there isn't really a use in searching for a game once you're in one already.
    I feel like it wouldn't cause much trouble for the developers to implement this either as it doesn't seem like something that would take a lot of time to code (I might be wrong about this though).
    I also agree with Evgeen and his suggestion, auto removing you from the queue a few seconds before the game starts at the point when your cosmetics are removed makes perfect sense.
    +1 from me, great idea.

Posted May 3, 2021,
    Last edited May 3, 2021
  13. This IS in general idea discussion haha. thanks for feedback though!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 3, 2021