• 1769 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1769 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Stop letting people join solo games while in a party

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Pillars, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Plain and simple, it makes it far too easy to team and truce. There's no reason to join a solo game mode while you're in a party with someone, it downright encourages people to spare their friends and focus on others. Team modes exist for this reason exactly, this cannot continue.

Posted Oct 18, 2020
  2. I would have to kindly disagree... I play many solo games with friends at a party. It is nice because everyone in the party can get into the game due to the party leader warping. Not everyone knows about commands such as /server, or the option to join games by clicking the game buttons in the server hubs. I understand that parties in solo games can cause issues for the gameplay, but you can always report any cheaters, and the report will likely be dealt with.

Posted Oct 18, 2020
    CookieBilly likes this.
  3. Hey,

I disagree. What about the games that are in Mixed Arcade? A lot of the time I play that with a party and none of us spare each other. Same can be said about Survival Games and Sky Wars. When we have over four players in a party we resort to solo gamemodes and everyone goes against each other. If you see players teaming you can report them in numerous ways, but I totally disagree with the idea of having it to where parties can't join solo gamemodes considering my parties join solo gammemodes and play fair. There's not enough team gamemodes on the server to support a big party so that's what they resort to.

Posted Oct 18, 2020
    CookieBilly and Anna ♡ like this.
  4. Hey, I also disagree, for similar reasons stated above. It would just be unnecessary to implement this in my opinion, people would bypass this by just joining the same server, all it would do is irritate players who want to play a certain game with friends. As said above, teaming will be dealt with if reported, so it's not really a massive problem in my opinion. It's an interesting idea though, thanks for suggesting it!

Posted Oct 18, 2020
    scarlet and illum like this.
  5. Hey!

So as others have stated, I disagree with this. I choose to disagree because just because they are in a party with others, joining a solo game does not mean that they intend to break the rules by cross teaming. All players should be informed of the rules and if they choose to break a rule that is their fault, and shouldn't have any correlation with the accessibility of a game to the public.

Also, if at any time a player is cross teaming within a party, you can always report the player yourself and they can and will be punished. It just wouldn't make much sense for them to implement such a concept onto the server that doesn't really benefit anybody in my opinion.

Posted Oct 18, 2020
  6. There is lots of reasons why parties queue into a solo gamemode as evidenced in the response above. However, I agree that teaming is a probably going to occur, given that most instances of teaming aren't punishable if you are avoiding your friends until the end of the game. Yes, some cases might be punishable, but if you choose to maintain a safe distance with friends until the end of the game, that sadly isn't punishable. The most direct solution for this problem is to just expand the definition of teaming to more scenarios. Xukuwu explains this saying:

Posted Oct 18, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 20, 2020
    Fusafez and Young_Inventor like this.
  7. This thread has already been responded to quite a lot regarding disagreements and I sadly have to agree with everyone disagreeing. Parties don't always encourage teaming in solo game modes, and furthermore, it allows players to enjoy themselves with friends while playing the games they love. Of course, you can always join a game via /f, but sometimes it's easier to group with friends when searching for solo game modes to ensure that you get into the same game together.

Overall, this argument could go in circles for days, but I think the overarching theme is that this is a bad idea and parties are enabled on solo modes in order to allow friends to play with one another without breaking the teaming rules of solo mode games.

Posted Oct 18, 2020
  8. I disagree because players should not have to leave their party just to play solo games. I personally like to be in a party with friends when I'm playing solo or team games because it's a good way to communicate with them instead of doing /m <name> before every message. It's not necessary to remove it, especially because it really wouldn't have that much of a positive effect on stopping teaming anyway. Many newer players team with or without parties, and so this would not solve even half of all the teaming instances that take place on the network. It's a -1 from me, I'm not for stopping players from being able to party with each other in solo modes.

Posted Oct 18, 2020
  9. Disgruntle pretty much nailed my view on this
    Restricting parties from joining solo games wouldn't really fix the issue you're looking to fix here, since people can just use /f or /sv to get into the game their friend/friends are in. I'm sure it might prevent the small group of people that aren't aware of the commands from teaming or trucing, but overall this just feels like a bandaid fix that isn't going to cover much at all.

Posted Oct 18, 2020
  10. I do think its a problem when they indirectly team. Like when they toss each other items (when they're not the last 2 left) or when one party member is about to die so they call in the other to take over the fight.

Otherwise I don't really have an issue if they ignore each other all game until they're the last two left. I do this myself, I just make sure that I don't:

- Share any items with them
    - Interfere with their fights (even if they're losing I don't try save them)

Posted Oct 18, 2020
  11. That's all well and good from your perspective, and I'm more than happy to commend you for doing so, but I take a serious issue with 4, 5, or even 6 person parties joining the same Skywars lobby and using their numbers to overpower those who just want to play the game normally.

To those who responded telling me to simply report those who do this, while that is an option, teaming is a severity one gameplay offense, you'd receive at most a four-hour ban, which is so inconsequential to most that it isn't even worth mentioning. To be frank - I simply do not see any reason to join a solo game mode while in a party.

While some may make the argument that they don't team or truce at all, this is so highly improbable, in my opinion, that the point is moot regardless. Whether consciously or subconsciously, I'd be willing to be that you make the game easier for those in your party, or at the very least treat them differently than you would someone who isn't your friend.

Think about it this way - Player A wants to play some Solo Skywars (a game in which all rules of teaming apply), so he joins SKY-1. In this lobby already are Players B, C, and D, all of whom are in a party. If you're going to seriously suggest to me that Players B, C, and D are going to treat each other exactly the same as they would Player A, I'd genuinely call you crazy. The human brain simply does not function objectively enough for this to be the case.

Point taken, but at the same time, you have to realize that not everyone is going to want to do this. If you really want to get into the same lobby as your friend this badly, then sure I suppose you could do this, but it would be such an inconvenience that I feel as though not as many people would do it.

Thank you for all of the responses to my thread so far, I appreciate your feedback and replies. I'd like to take this time to restate my main point, which is that, 9 times out of 10, those who queue into a solo game while in a party have either the intention of making the game easier on their friends, or at the very least do it subconsciously. It isn't fair for those who play the game correctly, and though these rule-breakers can theoretically be punished, the extent to which they will be punished is inconsequential enough that it might as well not even be there.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 18, 2020
    JMPhase and Hubble like this.
  12. Hey!

I definitely see the issue with people in a party teaming during solo games, which many other users have detailed above. Personally, I play both solo and team games while in a party mainly for the chat aspect, since some don't/can't talk in vc, or just because we like to play together. In my experience, when partying with friends, we often target one another within the party because we enjoy the challenge of it, or play completely separately (not targeting each other or teaming).

While it would be nice to hinder teamers, I think preventing parties from joining solo gamemodes would upset a large part of the player base, and anyone who really wanted to could always use their /f list to join the same server as their friends regardless. Instead, I think it would be better to expand the definition of teaming in solo gamemodes to include a visibly deliberate attempt to provide one or more players an advantage over other players during any point of the game, regardless of intent to win, so that the 3 players ganging up on single players in the Bacon Brawl scenario described by Xukuwu would be able to be punished for what is clearly teaming.

Overall, it's gonna be a -1 from me.

Posted Oct 20, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  13. I know I do this to in survival games random people join a party with no invite and not saying this person is an a party

Posted Oct 20, 2020