• 313 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4745 Players Online
  • 4432 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Stop Creative Housing heterophobia

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Noctis Lucis 77, May 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. People tend to say "no girls just boys" or "ONLY GIRLS BOYS GET BAN" or "ALL BOYS GO TO LAVA", etc, etc, etc.
    I'd like to add a report feature in case a house is spreading this practice.

As such, I am certain admins don't care at all and will only reply "just don't join" or anything as an excuse to not work.

Posted May 31, 2022
  2. There are also ones along the lines of "GAY PEOPLE ONLY!".

Not discriminating but this is just weird lol

Posted May 31, 2022
  3. To be honest I had no clue what heterophobia was and how that was a thing. Honestly I see no problem with it. It’s mostly like the younger aged kids that don’t understand how cuties works and they just try to separate because girls are gross to boys and boys are gross to girls. I see no problem with it in my eyes.

Posted May 31, 2022
  4. You mean Cooties?

Posted May 31, 2022
  5. Hey Noctis ~

I would have to agree with Soul Of Alpha on this one.

I would also say don't join. This forum is not a place to discuss what is or isn't heterophobia, and I'm more than happy to discuss it with you in a PM. Nor does a report function need to be added to combat this issue specifically. If the creative housing server's name has bypassed the chat filter, I'd report it on the forums here.
    - John

Posted May 31, 2022
  6. Yes I meant that. Saying “cuties could have landed me in a very dangerous spot, thanks for the help @War Robot Dogee

Spot on you advanced my statement in a great way. Thanks @highkeydork

Posted May 31, 2022,
    Last edited by a Moderator May 31, 2022
    highkeydork likes this.
  7. Hi there Noctis,

I will say that in my experience moderating the Bedrock platform, the player base is typically your younger crowd. With that being said, as mentioned above, I believe this is done by younger individuals who have no direct intentions of being “heterophobic.” Though, in the manner that you use the term “heterophobia,” that means or relates to “discrimination or fear against straight people.” Seems to me that orientation has nothing to do with what you’re describing, but rather gender (because I can’t say the other word), is being used to determine who can “enter” the house/build. This is something that young kids do, and I do not think there’s direct intentions, or find it in their nature to truly offend others. I just do not think they understand truthfully. The best way to avoid situations like this (because it’s not technically against the rules unless it’s a love hotel/an inappropriate build) is to avoid joining these plots with these types of builds. Otherwise, should you find an inappropriate build on a plot, or someone breaking the rules, you're more than welcome to gather evidence and submit a player report at mineplex.com/reports. I’m sorry that you find acts like this to be offensive, but to me it just sounds like younger individuals doing what younger individuals do.

Posted Jun 1, 2022
  8. my guy this is a block game. bedrock players are mostly younger and don’t know what “heterophobia” is or whatever you want to call it. most likely no ill will was intended. if you’re that bothered over what kids do on a children’s game i don’t know what to tell you

Posted Jun 1, 2022
    romvnly, SpitefulNick and Storeroom like this.
  9. Now that you put it like that, it makes sense.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 1, 2022
  10. read 2nd post

Posted Jun 1, 2022
  11. Did, but nowhere was that mentioned by the OP in their post. Even in that case, as long as it is not discrimination/does not display discriminatory verbiage, it's not against the rules. The same principle would apply...It is more than likely some younger individuals who are not intending to offend/hurt anyone, who may not understand their actions completely.

Posted Jun 1, 2022
  12. That's what I understand; we all did this as kids. I'm going to lock the thread since the concern has been adressed. Thanks.

EDIT: I'm gonna leave it open since I don't know how to lock it.
    lol

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 1, 2022
    romvnly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.