• 373 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8811 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Stop Accusing People Of Hacking When They Are Literally Not

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by Lepgoodmen, Sep 5, 2019.

1. I have had it with the number of people that are accusing me and other players of hacking simply because they killed the accuser in combat.
    I don't try to be arrogant but I would say I am a distinguished player in the server for skywars. It's annoying af when people just go "haker" or "you're flying when in full reality none of that is happening. I am an avid supporter against cheating and regularly try to report those who abuse the game, sometimes I make mistakes too but I don't villify all my opponents every time they kill me.

The best part is, its mostly the players with Ranks, its so irritating to hear them go "OMG HE FLEW TO ME" when there literally is an Ice bridge right be behind me, like -snip- and accept that you can lose sometimes.

Here is how a lot of my games go, I can see why people accuse me but ffs there is no basis to that.

Posted Sep 5, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 5, 2019
    NothinButNetYT, CipeTdMC and Mitchy like this.
  2. Well, I'm pretty sure they can get warned for hackusation lol.

Posted Sep 5, 2019
  3. This is something that you'll just have to deal with if you're a decent player. I used to hackusate people when I was much younger because I was angry at losing the game. Luckily, I no longer do. If the players continually spam then they are breaking a rule and you can make a report on them here. Just make sure that you provide the screenshot(s) of it happening.

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    Lepgoodmen likes this.
  4. will do I didn't even know that you could report players for falsely accusing people lol.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 5, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  5. Yes, it is a punishable offense. If you take a look at the rules page (which you can find here) it falls under the "Spam" category.

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    Lepgoodmen likes this.
  6. interesting, I'll have to go through the rules then.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 5, 2019
  7. Unfortunately, this is something that happens quite a bit, especially when you are somewhat good at the game. People have a hard time distinguishing between hacks and players just performing well sometimes. It mainly comes from the frustration of dying and not because you are doing anything wrong. We do punish for excessive instances of players hackusating others, which as already has been stated, falls under our spamming rule. You can make reports with evidence of players hackusating at https://www.mineplex.com/reports if you encounter it and they will be punished accordingly. We understand it is frustrating to constantly be hackusated, but as long as you aren't hacking and are following the rules, you'll be just fine. Just ignore the players hackusating because they are just frustrated and trying to frustrate you also by giving false accusations.

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    Lepgoodmen likes this.
  8. If you insist.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 5, 2019
  9. My question is why there are so many diamond ores. xD And just so you know, since you play on Windows 10 Edition, you’re going to automatically have an advantage especially if you’ve played Java edition before. So if you get accused of hacking, just know that’s why.

If you play on Java, you probably wouldn’t get accused of hacking. (pls convert to Java, we need more players)

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    SpookVegetables and Lepgoodmen like this.
  10. Yeah the huge ammount of diamond ores and just having diamond ores in general was a problem as it was a center for dupers there. Although i think users have enough to get a full set of diamond armor and all.

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  11. And this is the guy who made a post claiming a top player was hacking when hes 100% legit. Also idk what the point if this thread was. Getting hackusated is normal. U ignore the person and move on with life

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  12. Hey buddy!

I know this can be frustrating, especially when you are not cheating and playing the game legitimately, but this is a normal part of playing any game on any server at all. I always try to ignore these comments from players (I just block out what they say in chat because it is irrrelevant), because the players are often frustrated with dying and just want to shout something out in chat. Hackusating players (Under Spam) is actually a Severity 1 offence, so players can be punished for this. They must be warned first, and if a second occurrence occurs after a warning (in the last 30 days), then they will receive a Severity 1 mute. Keep in mind that options 1) and 3) are for the Java server of Mineplex. Bedrock hackusation can follow 2). Here are a few options that I would suggest for you when you encounter a player hackusating you;

1) If you generally don't want to deal with the player and aren't fond of gathering evidence to report them, then /ignore the player. This means you won't see anything they type in chat and won't see any PM's, helping you focus more on the game and forget about the player. I know this may not be an ideal option, because in a way it is just blocking out a players messages, so that I'll explain a few more options. If you deal with hackusating in PM's, try turning the option in /prefs to friend messaging only enabled.

2) If the above option doesn't appeal to you, and the player is excessively hackusating you, gather evidence and then report it at www.mineplex.com/reports, and ensure you read the Reporting Guide at the top of the page before submitting it. Since this is a Severity 1 offence, reporting it requires excessive rule breaking, so try and catch them hackusating you a lot. Otherwise, if you notice them breaking a Severity 2+ chat offence, report them with any evidence you have. You can read through the rules at www.mineplex.com/rules to better understand the different severities.

3) Another option for you is to join the StaffRequest community by typing /com join StaffRequest. This is a great community to contact staff with questions and to investigate rule breakers. Then, when you encounter a player hackusating against you, type /com chat StaffRequest, then add a ! in front of your message and request a staff member to join your server to investigate the player hackusating. Usually just say something along the lines of "Hi, can I please have some assistance in <server>, <players name> is hackusating against me. Thanks". This will alert staff, and they can come investigate the player for you.

I hope that you read this far and at least one of these options appealed to you. I understand it's frustrating, and I also understand that you don't have access to /report because it's Hero+, but I am sure one of these options will work just as well. Best of luck mate!

Posted Sep 5, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 5, 2019
  13. Yeah tbh I don’t even care when people hackusate me in chat xD. People who report salty kids is just dumb lol

Posted Sep 5, 2019
  14. The dude’s a bedrock player (sadly).

Posted Sep 5, 2019
  15. Im sorry Im playing the superior version of the game leo_thya

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 5, 2019
  16. Oh I didn't realise sorry. Then your best bet is to follow the above posters suggestions by reporting them on the forums! If you ever play on Java though, my tips should help you out!

Posted Sep 5, 2019
  17. I’ve personally never seen this happen on bedrock, but then again I’ve only logged like 2 hours in it so far. That’s probably way :,)

But regardless, I can definitely see where you’re coming from. Being hackusated can be really annoying, especially if it’s constant. I can see why people might think others are hacking. With different platforms (I.e console, windows 10, and pocket edition), there’s bound to be different controls. Some controls, like the mouse for example is in my opinion the best way to play on bedrock. Players can mistake simple control differences and the more mobility of a mouse for hacking or cheating.

I suppose the only ways you can really deal with this is to report them or simply ignore it. Like others have said, if you choose to report someone, you’d go to www.mineplex.com/report

[​IMG]

It would technically fall under spam as well ^

Posted Sep 5, 2019
  18. We gonna ignore the fact this guy placing blocks on air? How you do that fr though?

Posted Sep 5, 2019
  19. Bedrock bridging can do that, Java can to, im not sure.

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  20. i dont get how, cause in the video it seems like he doesnt even look at the block hitbox he is walking on, idk how new blocks are placed.

Posted Sep 5, 2019