• 1730 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3814 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Still give time before game starts in HH

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Plqzma, Oct 16, 2019.

1. When in Challenger mode, they skip introductions which is completely fine but cut the amount of time before the game starts thus giving players very little time to change kits if they made a mistake in their selection. My suggestion would to extend the time between entering the game and starting the game.

For those who don't know what I meant, game means after "Vote for Map" and "Starting in 10, 9, 8, etc." when you enter the actual game there is a timer that is shortened from 10 seconds(Normal mode) to 3 seconds(Challenger mode).

Posted Oct 16, 2019
    Task, FluteVegetables, Gzen and 3 others like this.
  2. Hey there!

I'm pretty sure they reduced the starting time since it is challenger mode. You need to be prepared and ready so they lowered it. Normal is recommended for people who are new to the game, giving them longer starting times.

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  3. I agree with this suggestion. Shortening the time before the game starts in Challenger mode would cause problems for those who have a slow computer as they would not be in the game on time. Even if they do make it before the game starts, they might still miss the chance to change their kit if they selected something else by mistake. Although the timer was likely shortened to minimize the preparation time that players receive, I am in favor of changing the timer to 10 seconds because it would benefit users with slower machines to start the game in time.

Posted Oct 16, 2019
    510bike likes this.
  4. I don’t see a problem with lowering the time for challenger mode.
    Personally, I don’t think the prep time before the game starts needs to incorporate a challenge by lowering the start time. It’s just picking kits after all. If you don’t have experience with the kits, you probably won’t be able to beat challenger mode. You should already have an idea of what kit you want to choose, the time shouldn’t really affect your decision. 10 seconds is a fair time for people to select or change their kit regardless of the mode.

Also, HH can cause lag, even before the game starts. It wouldn’t be fair for people who are experiencing a lag spike not to be able to choose the kit they want before the start of the game.

Nice idea!

Posted Oct 17, 2019
  5. Hey!

I personally really like this suggestion. I myself didn't realise until now why the countdown was shorter on some of the matches compared to when I played other matches with the normal countdown, so thank you for informing me! There have been a number of instances where I have been very laggy and where I was unable to select my kit prior to the match beginning, and then it was near impossible for me to select a new kit with the short-timer before the game started. This would benefit people who experience lag spikes often, and also for players who perhaps forgot to change/choose their kit before the game started. I would love to see this change implemented on the Challenger mode of HH, and I agree that the standard 10 seconds is a reasonable amount of time for lag to dissipate and for players to modify their kit choice.

Thank you for suggesting this to the community, I really hope we can see this implemented into HH!

Posted Oct 17, 2019
  6. I totally agree with this. The other day whilst I was playing challenger with my friends, it was kind of frustrating. Especially if one of us lags, it's really difficult to select the right kit. HH is a game in which we need different kits and we usually go for at least one mage. We had to restart the games multiple times sometimes and having the 10 seconds would be much better. This seems fair and is a decent amount of time, and it will make people's lives easier. Thanks for suggesting this and hopefully it gets changed soon.

Posted Oct 17, 2019
    Im_Ken likes this.
  7. Hey!

I couldn't agree more. We don't get the time to think before we will be sent into another HH game, and it is really annoying, so I'm glad that you brought this up! +1 from me! :D

Posted Oct 17, 2019
  8. Heyo!

I like this small little change you've suggested here, and I think it would be a lot more helpful when trying to swap kits. There is definitely a longer time for casual, and I don't like how the Challenger only shows up for a split second on the screen. While holding tab I believe shows which mode you're in, I still think there should be a longer starting time, just to make sure players know what game mode they are in and have the extra time to switch kits. Overall, I will leave this at a +1 since I don't have an issue with it, have a nice day!

Posted Oct 18, 2019
  9. Hey, I like this idea.

I don't think the time amount should be updated drastically to the amount that Normal Mode has, however, sometimes players on my team get confused as to what kit they are playing and accidentally go mage instead of rogue. This is very annoying considering we have to go to the lobby, go to a new game, change our kits and wait another 20 seconds whereas with the implementation of an extra 2 seconds could change that whole process drastically. I'm gonna give this a +1 as it shouldn't take much time at all to implement and would just help players overall.

Posted Oct 19, 2019
  10. hihi!

I really do not see a point of needing to have this in. While it might be nice since it does give you that short amount fo extra time, it is in fact Challenger Mode. It is meant to be tryharded by a group of friends working together. Because of this, I think that all preparations for the game should be done before it starts, not when you are already in the map. Additionally, sometimes the "Challenger" announcement does not pop up for some people, so seeing that there are only a few seconds ensures to them that it is in fact Challenger mode.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  11. Hey there,

Although I think that the game does start fairly quick, I'd have to disagree with this suggestion. Given that it is in fact Challenger Mode, players would usually have their kit set beforehand as they should be ready at that point. If they do really need to change their kit, the seconds they do have are definitely enough to make that happen so that's not really something I'm worried about.

~Arjun

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  12. Heyo!

I don't think this is necessary when I play HH myself and my teammates never have any issue with the timing of changing kits and voting. I think the time you are given is fair. I can understand that some people might have slow computers and when they load in they're only a few seconds away from the game starting, which causes problems voting for challenger, but I haven't seen loads of people complain about this. I'm going to have to disagree with this idea as it isn't really needed. -1

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  13. helllooo!

Thank you thank you for the feedback about Halloween Havoc! However, we will not be changing the current amount of time that Challenger is given for this year. While there are some benefits that would be brought by increasing the time, it really doesn't make sense for us to prioritize it. The only real benefit that would be brought from this is being able to change your kit, but I personally find that the few seconds is generally enough. Additionally, it is supposed to be tryharded, so everything should be set before the game starts. Though this is not planned for this year, we never know what's going to happen with next years update if the game returns. I'll leave this thread open for further discussion to occur.

Posted Oct 21, 2019