• 933 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9217 Players Online
  • 8284 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Steve Skin

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Kight, Apr 11, 2021.

1. I’m sure this has been brought up many times but I’d just like to bring it back up. The current Steve skin issue, where the only skin you can see is Steve. I understand this is a minor issue it’s just something I feel should be fixed. And it’s only Mineplex I’ve gone on other servers on Bedrock and on all of them I can see skins. Is there any way we can fix this?

Posted Apr 11, 2021
    IWantACookiieee likes this.
  2. are you sure you just werent in a lobby where everyone was using the default steve skin?

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  3. Yea I’m sure it’s been like this on Bedrock since the last Minecraft update

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 11, 2021
  4. From your side, there is no fix unless you are on a version lower than 1.16.210, but this is a known issue and has been forwarded to the developers to take a look at and fix. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    While I'm sure you are already aware of this, you can always report these types of bugs over to the Quality Assurance team at https://www.mineplex.com/bugs/ and they can forward it over to the developers in the case scenario that they haven't already/the bug hasn't been reported yet. In this case, it has already been forwarded.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
    IWantACookiieee likes this.
  5. That's not true, even on lower versions this glitch has still persisted, there is definitely a fix, look over to the Hive for example, Steve skins aren't an issue, because they've fixed it. Also why do you have a hero tag when you don't have a hero rank on your character let alone a character for java edition.

Posted Apr 30, 2021
    Pumpedpixel likes this.
  6. Because Dap is a hero, and is on the Quality Assurance team.

Posted Apr 30, 2021
  7. I just made a thread about this

Posted Apr 30, 2021
  8. I should have been more specific in my reply, my mistake. The issue I'm referencing is different from the Steve glitch that occurs on versions lower than 1.16.210. (where there is a small chance of it happening) However, the issue that I was talking about above is related yes, but in this issue, players on 1.16.210+ (which was the most updated version at the time of the post) constantly have the Steve skin whenever they transfer servers. (or sometimes without even transferring servers) I should have included that players lower than 1.16.210 would have a slimmer chance of it happening. (rather than constantly getting the glitch)
    While this is optimally not a full solution, it is a temporary solution to solving the full problem as it would allow you to see skins more often that you can now.

Edit: After looking at Hive, it doesn't look like they have fully patched the Steve glitch either. While it definitely is rarer, it appears that some players are still having troubles with it.

Absolutely. There definitely is a fix most likely, although I never mentioned that there wasn't. I'm not sure if this was directed at me, so I apologize if it wasn't.

I got my Java account unlinked as it was causing issues for me at the time.

small correction but cQAT. Members of the Quality Assurance team will have the Quality Assurance tag on the forums.

Posted Apr 30, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 30, 2021