• 1002 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6353 Players Online
  • 5351 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Steve Kart

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by pacmastermeow, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Basically, I'm thinking along the lines of putting the players in boats, placing them on a racetrack with an ice floor, and having various powerups scattered throughout. Whoever manages to make 3 laps first wins.
    Inspired by Mario Kart. (Nano game suggestion)

Some powerups could be:
    • Coin (Gold Nugget): Does nothing.
    • Sugar: Behaves identically to the mushroom from Mario Kart.
    • Oak Leaves: Can be placed on the track as a roadblock. Eventually decays, leaving no trace.
    • Ethereal Pearl (Ender Pearl): Launches you forward, just like in the lobby.
    • TNT: Chucks a piece of TNT at someone which can deal damage and throw them off track.
    • Flesh Hook/Fishing Rod: Pulls the target towards you.
    • Bat Blaster (Iron Horse Armor): Shoots a wave of bats which randomizes the direction anyone caught in it is facing.
    • Trampoline (Slime Block): Launches you upward. Useful, perhaps, for a couple shortcuts.
    • Ghast Charge (Ghast Tear): Fire a ghastly fireball at your opponent, but be careful, because they can hit it back at you.
    • Honey Trail (Honey Bottle): Makes a sticky trail behind you for a few seconds, hindering your foes (and potentially yourself on the next lap)!
    • Splash Water Bottle: Cleanses the track from any track-altering powerups like the Honey Trail.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  2. Thread moved to New Game Suggestion
    Interesting idea for a nano game. My big concern about it though is that it would be too similar to the MineKart game which is already in nano games. The gameplay itself is very similar, only with this there’s powerups and you ride boats instead of sheep.

Maybe an alternative would be to add powerups to the current MineKart game. I think that would be fun and it would make the game more interesting.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  3. This is a pretty simple idea, however, it's too similar to the current Minekart game in NANO. Maybe adding these as a kind of update for Minekart? However, that would be a little too much since most of NANOs games are very simple. Maybe some of these could be added, like the sugar or the mushrooms, but I think adding everything you suggested is a bit much.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  4. like @Bunni and @510bike have said already this is really similar to minekart, so I personally don't think it will be added. it would be cool to see some of the power ups in an update though. also you could change the scoring mechanics so that the coins give you 1 point each, and you can get a max of 5 points and there are also placement points, which go from 1st place getting 10. 2nd 8, 3rd, 5, 4th 4, and 5th 3.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  5. To add on, I don't think the community necessarily likes MineKart as a whole, as I see a lot of players complaining about it or leaving from the Nano rotation all together. Right now, from the details you've provided, it just isn't justifiable to make it into it's own game. I absolutely love Mario kart as a game, but this already sounds very laggy and clustered. The simplicity of MineKart is what makes it uhh, work well in a sense. As for some of the powerups, are they meant to eliminate you? Push you off the track? What is the reach of the bat blaster? As of now, I don't think this game is really needed, but maybe some elements could be mixed (I suggest creating another thread for MineKart changes) thanks for your idea

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    Bunni likes this.
  6. I don’t really see a necessity for this to be added, as already stated by multiple players, it cuts too close with MineKart. Although, instead of creating a different game, perhaps we could build off these ideas to alter MineKart. Personally, I like the idea of power ups and traps, I think it would be a neat addition to MineKart, and make the game more challenging.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  7. This idea is much too similar to MineKart. Because of this, I will be giving this idea a -1.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  8. This is an interesting idea for a nano game. My big concern about it though is that it would be too similar to the MineKart game which is already in use for nano games. The gameplay itself is incredibly similar, only with this there’s powerups and you ride boats instead of sheep. Maybe an alternative would be to add powerups to the current MineKart game. Most players complain about MineKart and don't play it as much as the other games. It will most likely not become a game of its own in the future.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  9. As other people have said, this is a cool idea but it does seem too similar to a current NANO gamemode.

I don't think the gamemode would work as a game by itself, and it would make more sense for it to be a nano game, but because there is already a nano game with the same concept, this wouldn't really work on our server unfortunately.
    I don't really have any criticism for the actual game itself, it's just that it is a replica of another game, and we strive to have new, unique gamemodes on our server.

Thanks for suggesting, have a good day!

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    Korben and xGetRekted like this.