• 1389 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3968 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Stats on lobby Gladiators

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by wm6, Nov 17, 2019.

?

Do you want stats on lobby gladiators?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. Feature request:
    How about getting stats like; Daily, Weekly and Total Wins//kills in the main-lobby gladiators, like in the skywars lobby?

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  2. I think hackers would mess with the stats too much.

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  3. yeah their Anti cheat is pure crap and has not been update for 2+ years
    Hackers gonna ruin it
    t/c

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  4. Well, they can ruin it many other ways and that is what they do or try to do. I want to say that it cannot be too bad, you probably seen many other hackers that use easier stuff like flying and god weapons that i have seen today. I didn't report because I forgot the name so please do not scream at me for "posting about hackers in the forum".

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    RealWand likes this.
  5. I think this is a good idea, maybe Mineplex should have a temporary message that displays the winner of each round too so people don't have to depend on what the players say or what it looks like. Maybe it could also go to your player stats on your profile?

What I'm most confused about is all the people saying hackers will ruin the stats. This doesn't make much sense as yes, there are hackers, but in Gladiators, most of them are normally dealt with through StaffRequest and if no staff are on, some people stalk the community and come and record the hackers anyway so they won't be on the server long. In the long term, this shouldn't really be an issue as if you look at games like the OP's example: Skywars which also has a leaderboard, I can guarantee every single one of those players on those leaderboards has legitimately acquired their place.

I see where you're coming from but I can assure you, it isn't as awful as many people think. It hasn't been updated in 2 years yes, but it still has the ability to immediately remove some of the most severe hackers, if you look on YouTube, you will see that, but you will also see that a lot of people are doing it on purpose by enabling a plethora of different hacks at the same time, mainly Killaura type ones. I can assure you though, most people using speed, flight etc. that are not immediately banned, are taken in the banwave and that's why you see players banned a lot in lobbies by GWEN. It does need updates though, as it's 2 years out of date, and cheat clients have evolved since then.

Overall, I think this is a good idea, especially for the higher level players in Lobby-1 who play the lobby gladiators quite competitively, because hey, you'll know who to challenge! This has a +1 from me!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    RealWand likes this.
  6. I don’t see any harm it could do. I think it would be nice to see leaderboards! It could make more players play gladiators trying to get on the leaderboards! @Thunderer4215 i can agree that hackers could ruin it a bit but would get banned/kicked for hacking. Hackers could ruin it a bit but they can’t do that much harm considering they if they get kicked or banned they will be taken off the leaderboard.
    @BDIZZ i think the anti chest is fine but it could be improved. Remember there are hundreds of people getting banned every day so I think GWEN is doing a good job! Shoutout to GWEN! Even though there would be hackers this would be good because it would make players more active! Overall this is a great idea and I’ll be giving it a +1!

Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    RealWand likes this.
  7. Hey there!

So I think this would be a really cool addition, as it would allow players to keep track of how many wins/losses they have and could incentivize more people to get involved with the lobby activities. I found a thread with a similar idea to this one except the suggestion was to add Lobby Gladiators to /stats, which I personally don't agree with as it could be confusing to some players, since Gladiators is already a game mode. The link to that thread can be found here, overall it had pretty good feedback! I think that there should be a small leaderboard next to the Gladiator NPC in the lobby, or somewhere in the general area that works the same way as the leaderboards in the game lobbies do, with an option to cycle through daily, weekly, all-time wins etc.

Overall, I'd be happy to see something like this introduced in the future, so it's a +1 from me!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    RealWand likes this.
  8. I don't think the anticheat is even enabled in the hub.
    --- Post updated ---
    Skywars is an actual game. Lobby Gladiators is not.

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    RealWand likes this.
  9. Unlike the games with leaderboards, you do not earn rewards from Lobby Gladiators so it would not do a very good job of motivating players to duel. This is because it is regarded as a place to practice PvP and would be more competitive if a leaderboard was added. One should not sharpen their crafts while battling against others for the top spot.

Due to the current state of the network, there is only hope for someone to find a match in a few lobbies, those with 40+ players. Those who are willing to push for the top spots will likely spend most of their time looking for opponents since there are not very many players on Mineplex to begin with.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    RealWand likes this.
  10. Hmm, I'm not too sure if I agree with adding in leaderboards for this idea, mainly because it's simply a lobby game. In the past, ideas for adding stats for lobby glads have not gotten too far, and I see this as being similar to that, except just temporarily.

You mentioned that the stats are enabled in Skywars lobbies, but that actually works for any pre-game lobby, where you can click the display to go from daily, weekly, etc. However, Skywars, and every other game for that matter, is just that: an actual game. Because of that, I do not see it making much sense to add in stats for lobby gladiators since it is not a game. From my experience, its a place where you can practice PvP in a lobby while waiting for a game or to just have some fun without needing to feel like your stats will be impacted because of it.

In my eyes, this simply is not needed. Lobby gladiators is a place where, once again, people can practice their PvP skills without needing to feel it will impact them in the future, which it won't. Often times, who plays in lobby gladiators does not really impact me, so if there was a way in /prefs to be able to turn it off (seeing who wins the round), then I'd be fore it. However, if there isn't, then I don't think adding it in would be beneficial.

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    wm6, Evence, RealWand and 1 other person like this.
  11. I actually like this idea, I think it would be a pretty good thing to add to the stats page but there is one concern of mine that makes it impossible in my opinion.
    It's only a 1v1 meaning there is a high chance people will farm wins with a friend, meaning the stats would be a little useless due to their potential lack of legitness. The sad thing is that there's no way to prevent this from happening so if lobby glads does affect stats, one can never be sure if those wins are meaningful.
    I was going to say a second point but I don't really have one so ^^ is all I've got but I think it's major enough that it can be a stand alone point. That's about it, so +1 but also -1 from me :)
    Others posting here have interesting points so I'd like too see the final result
    -fox

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    RealWand likes this.

12. Just so we're on the same lines, I'm talking about a little hologram that displays above the arena of the previous winner. Anyway, this if added, would be a quality of life addition. It serves no purpose other than just showing people who won the previous game. If you go to lobby 1, you will find people who play it quite competitively, especially higher levels and sometimes combat over who won. Having an option in the preferences to turn the winner hologram off would be less necessary than the idea itself as it's a minute detail that is barely viewable if you're not looking for it.

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    RealWand likes this.
  13. Hey!
    I personally play Gladiators in the lobby quite a lot, you may have seen me there :P I would love to see this addition, as I would like to see others stats, my stats etc. It could be like the stats you see in games such as dragon escape - Daily, Weekly etc.

Overall, it’s a +1 from me!!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  14. Hello!

I commend you for sharing this idea with everyone! I think this is a great idea. I love having stats in-game that I can go off of. However I think I would add something to this idea. I usually do not add an idea on top of one. However, I think this would be necessary. I think by creating achievements and quests. That it would make the lobby gladiators a lot more appealing. Plus it would add a twist to the game! I think this would make a very interesting way to re-form gladiators! With this idea, players would not just be dueling it out just to play. Rather, completing quests, achievements, and earning rewards. Overall, I think that adding stats is a great idea! I also think that adding more ways to make the game not just a fighting based game, but also an achievement based game, on top of it! Stating all of this. I give this idea a +1!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  15. Hello there!

It's not that I am completely against this idea, I just don't see it as needed on the server at the moment. Lobby Gladiators is, to simply put it, a lobby minigame. It is a space to pass the time, just like other lobby games like the different parkours around the map. There aren't statistics for those games because that would bring an environment of competition, which is not what they are there for. Also, I don't think the amount of development time it would take to have statistics be tracked for a lobby game would be worth it, as currently lobbies aren't used for tracking stats for the most part. I'm curious to see what others have to say, have a good day!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  16. Hello!

I’m personally against this. Like @TILGORN // Tilg said I don’t really see much of a reason for it. Slime Soccer and King of The Hill didn’t have stats for a reason. Lobby minigames are simply a way to pass time and play something while waiting for an other game or in the spare time when you just don’t want to play any games. That being said adding statistics and specifically tracking them feels unnecessary.

I also think this could be a huge cause of more stat boosting. People hack in lobbies like crazy and since GWEN isn’t enabled it’s full of hackers all of the time. I think people would intentionally hack on glads just to boost and I think it would be a problem.

Thanks for suggesting this though! Have a good day!

Posted Nov 18, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 18, 2019
    Tilgorn likes this.