• 467 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2889 Players Online
  • 2422 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Static Lazer

Discussion in 'Champions' started by jjzdragon, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Static lazer really sucks now. It charges way to slow (72% at lvl6) , travels too short (45 blocks at lvl6), and recharges too long (8 seconds) to actually be worth it. It was perfectly fine before the June 2018 Champions update so I would suggest reverting static lazer back to the way it was before the June 2018 update.

Posted Apr 30, 2019
    Starx280, Gkinz and PapiKirito like this.
  2. I don't mind it not being overpowered anymore it is still somewhat useful in some situations and can deal knockback which can cause fall damage to happen. In general, I think the static laser changes were fair and useful especially for clans. It used to two shot assassins and even if it was a 3 shot it would be broken in my opinion. Thanks for the feedback tho please keep in mind that this is only my opinion !
    CaptainPigmans

Posted May 4, 2019
  3. Good. Assassins need more stuff to die to. Sin is straight broke in clans fights, they need to either nerf it or make the other classes more viable.

Posted May 4, 2019
  4. You obviously don't play clans enough - 99% of the people in clans use sin, there are literally no other kits in play. Something needs to be done to nerf sin.

Its still a 3 shot, it just charges up much slower and travels barely any blocks

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 5, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  5. This is also an indirect buff to assassin, as this nerf removes one of its few counters.

We do NOT need ANY more buffs to assassin, given it's broken state right now.

Posted May 10, 2019
    jjzdragon likes this.
  6. I agree that the state of assassin is not very favorable for other classes, yet I don't quite want to see static reverted back to its 18-damage-at-level-6 form, when you couldn't walk outside in Clans or play a single game of Champs without being bombarded by static lazers. However, I would like to see a slight cooldown and range change buff.

I don't think all balances should be looked at in the manner of defeating assassins. I think the damage output is fine at this moment; it shouldn't be buffed simply to counter a certain class/meta. If you would like to take this to GI Discord for further discussion, try PMing Lukafin (Hardcore Category Lead) for an invite.

Posted May 10, 2019
  7. The pre 2018 lazer was the exact same as the post- 2018 one EXCEPT it did 12 dmg instead of 18, which was pretty balanced as it did not 2 shot sins.

There is literally no counters to sins. The only effective abilities are ones that slow them down. Sins have a ridiculous dmg output and abuse glitches such as the illusion glitch which still aren't fixed.

Sins have everything - mobility and damage, and even a bow, the only thing they don't have is armor and sins abilities are so broken, it doesn't even matter

In my opinion, sins combo attack should add .75 per hit instead of 1. This would require one extra hit to get to max dmg but this post is about lazer so I won't elaborate.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 11, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  8. Static lazer is SSM has unlimited reach and charges within two seconds.

I suggest moving over to SSM. It’s pretty similar to Champions but WAY more fun.

Thanks
    Circus

Posted May 19, 2019
  9. lmfao

Posted May 19, 2019
  10. Lmao

Posted May 19, 2019
  11. That’s not true but ok. More SSM players is fine with me.

Posted May 19, 2019
  12. Champs4Life

P.S. Sins must die brutally by lasers once more

Posted May 19, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.