• 278 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8716 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Stat-Boosting? Or just a cheap way to level up?

Discussion in 'Dragons' started by Strafer303, Apr 22, 2019.

?

Is this an unfair way of leveling up?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. So there’s something that disturbs me a lot, and I have seen quite a few people do it where people will not touch their keyboard and just stand still the entire game, simply to get free shards and gems and what not. I don’t exactly know if it’s against the rules, but this is a very non skillful way of leveling up fast. I even seen current level 100s on bedrock do the same tactic.
    Sorry if you couldn’t really follow on what was going on. I just wanted to get a short glimpse of what a lot of players do in this game to level up. Some will be like that for like an hour, and I’ve seen others litterly do it for 9 hours straight. I once played dragons at night to see one player afking, the morning I wake up, he is still there.

Also I’m aware that one of them was a former moderator. No need to point that out and I don’t mean to insult or spread hate to anyone in the video. I’m simply showing an example, and asking the question if this is allowed or not.

Posted Apr 22, 2019
    SpookVegetables and Outplqy3d like this.
  2. is there not an afk timer on bedrock?

Posted Apr 22, 2019
  3. There is, but it doesn’t really work for this game

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 22, 2019
  4. Its not unfair as u can just not be afk and still win or lose the same amount technically. Afk just takes away the effort of trying

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  5. There’s a difference between doing something and doing nothing. Saying someone got to 100 just by afking in this is not an achievement. If that’s the case, might as well make everyone level 100 for free just by doing nothing.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 23, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  6. I have nothing against people who do this. As furry said you get the same amount of xp no matter trying or not. It isn't against the rules I've asked several people and do I feel people should do it? No, however it is a choice that some people decide to take in games like Mob Arena and Dragon Escape and it is completely allowed.

If you have any questions feel free to private message me and ask!

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  7. Stat-boosting is for the cool kids, bro

Posted Apr 23, 2019
    doeo likes this.
  8. Well I’m in the video so I might as well give some sort of opinion on this I suppose. I guess to start I can answer you from my experience of being staff by saying that this isn’t stats boosting and I’ll explain why it isn’t later on. There’s also a TL;DR at the bottom if you don’t feel like reading <3.

But first and foremost, I’ll just say that I don’t believe getting level 100 by means of being away from the game and allowing the game to give you stats overtime is something to be proud of but if a player decides to do it then I wouldn’t go on and record a video on said players doing so. Rather explaining the scenario to avoid any sort of drama seems to be less problematic in your case. I’m not going to be causing any sort of drama as I don’t want to and don’t need to, just giving a tip for future reference.

So onto the “stats boosting”, it’s understandable how being afk in a game could be interpreted as stats boosting, but in reality it isn’t. Stats boosting is, “Boosting account stats including exp, gems, shards, etc through unfair or unintended means.” as stated by the Mineplex Rules, meaning that afking doesn’t fall under this rule as it is not boosting your stats to the fullest level of reward in an unfair or unintentional way. Majority of the games a user would play whilst being afk would result in death most likely before the game ends, which would give the user less rewards than what the winner of said game would receive. There are ways to properly stats boost and be punished for it but I won’t go that deep into it due to those examples containing ways to break the rules which I don’t want to encourage!

TL;DR: Afking in a game isn’t bannable by stats boosting or by any means as the user doesn’t constantly and persistently receive the best rewards from the game they’re playing but also not playing.

Posted Apr 23, 2019
    • Trolling
    the stats are really important;

through 23 games played, Christian Yelich currently has 30 hits, 13 HRs, and 31 RBIs. Christian Yelich is also 1 home run away from tying a record of the most home runs by a player before May 1, which is held by Albert Pujols and A-Rod.

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  9. As well as said by many other players like @soulhardy , being afk in games such as dragons isn't bannable by stats boosting because of the LITTLE efforts provided for not a lot of rewards.

I confess, I do that everytime I go off my console or pc, but it's not to cheat, it's to help myself.
    As an eventual half-pro player, I'm a high-school student (in France, so everything changes), I can only play during holidays, and rarely week-ends.
    Before, I didn't like so much being afk. But after, I do realize I'd no choice.

I won't add more to not write a full story about my life, but I'm explaining how I was fed up to not have so much free time, so I joined the club.

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  10. Like it was said above already, it won't count as stats boosting. The games "Dragons" and "Mob Arena" both have no afk kick, wich means you can stay there for hours and gain slowly exp.
    However, it can get punished on Dragons, if the afk users abuse a glitch, that let them fly on the air. This causes to ruin the gameplay for everyone. Even if there are 2 players flying, which means, the game will go on until the game timeout happens. But if you just stand there normaly and don't effect the gameplay in a negative way, it's fine.

Do I have a problem with players being afk? Nope. Even I did it and it's not a secret. I just started it, bc of a friend, who did it aswell. I had some free time by this moment and was like "I could try this too". So yea, I started to afk most of the time first to gain exp. Sometimes, I was playing games like Skywars and Survival games, completed a few achievements and stuff. It was nice, but weird to play, since I'm normaly a Java player and bc of that, I used to afk more than to play. But things changed, after the double exp came out. By that, I actually started to play more, bc damn......over 2k exp for a 3 minute skywars game with an amplifier. That was insane. And by that, I just rushed thru the levels. Started on level 74 and was 80 a day later, after that, I got 2-3 levels per day, which means, I got 80-100 down in a week (Alot of ppl know about this already, so no point of hiding it). Double exp was just extreme and I got from 21-100 in just a month.

Is it something you could be proud of? Not really. I mean most of the time, you just stand still, do nothing and thats it. Sometimes watch, that you don't crash and yea. For myself, I can just be a bit proud of it. Mostly bc, I got alot of exp by being afk, but in other way, that I actually tried to play too and gained alot out of it.
    My reasons why I did it too was 1st of other, who did it too. Simple, eh? 2nd was, to have the Bedrock 100 here as cosmetic + to gain 2 extra roles on a discord server aswell.
    I can tell to others, that I have a Bedrock 100 acc, but I will also not hide, how I got it too. Also its just something "small" and yea. I will focus more on my Java stats, bc they are actually not that bad and something, you can actually be proud of after 4.5 years (unlike the Bedrock thing, but welp. Thats another thing). I quitted Bedrock for now, maybe check it out rarely. Java is my home and I will stay there.

At the end, you can do nothing against it. There are players, who afk there, to have at least a level 100 account. Also others, who are already 100 on Java and want it on Bedrock aswell. They already know, how much pain it was, to get from 0-100, so using the afk thing made it more easy for them and less time consuming (even tho, most or even all of them quit anyways once they reached 100 there)

Posted Apr 23, 2019
    soulhardy likes this.
  11. The Cardinals can't get Christian Yelich out.

I don't think being AFK is necessarily stat boosting. Heck, you're just sitting there. Stat boosting would be unfairly gaining stats, like trapping with Obsidian and continuing to kill until Cake Rot (I think).

Posted Apr 23, 2019
    doeo likes this.
  12. Yeah same, I'm not against players who just sit in game for the day and get some shards and gems as the time passes, but people who abuse bugs and simple glitches to make them fly/float around in Dragons is just an inconvenience and ruins the game for players who ACTUALLY play the game, trying to have fun thru gameplay. Being afk for a whole day can result as 2-5 levels daily in your 70s-90s in the game. As a 3/4 daily player on the Mp server, this is not a bad or bannable way to get gems, but kinda unfair to others who can't be afk, lol. (iPhone and Samsung users), besides PC, whereas, I use iPhone and iPad to play and a "hard" way to play.
    #41 Skywars LB
    #92 Cakewars LB original
    Bedrock Mineplex

Posted May 10, 2019
    Strafer303 likes this.
  13. I think that one of the reasons players and myself, feel unhappy about people being afk is because of how fast people can level up without actually having to play the game. I was actually looking at some of the profiles(not a stalker I swear) but some of the people who use to be lvl 40's like the past month boosted like 40 levels higher after they afked.
    If we are being completely honest here, why don't we just get rid of levels. In my opinion levels kind of show how much you play on the server, and I guess that it shows you're a good player, I don't know. However, if people are just going to gain experience by being afk and not actually playing, having levels in the game is pretty useless. A lot of players on Mineplex actually play the game and make getting to lvl 100 a goal, but I mean getting to that level would be meaningless if anyone could get to that level by being afk.
    For those who have no problem with players being afk, maybe think about how others who actually want to reach a higher level whilst playing might feel.
    In my own experience, I used to want to reach lvl 100, since I would be part of the group who have PLAYED on the server for a long time. But I mean, it doesn't really feel special anymore since other players can reach it just by being afk.

Posted May 11, 2019
    Mystic 0440 and Strafer303 like this.
  14. Heyo!
    Even though it is not against the rules. I think afking to level up takes away the fun and the feeling of pride that I would get from doing it myself. If people don't feel guilty about doing this then fine. And for you, you get a bunch of free wins/kills.

Posted May 11, 2019
    Mystic 0440 and Strafer303 like this.
  15. First off, I am in complete agreement with @el4trified regarding this glitch, bug or just plain twist to going afk in a game… it is a very “CHEEP” way to level up! My opinion is based on the use of this method not the particular players I know who use it, have used it and already are Level 100… my anger to its existence resides solely with Mineplex. Their careless, lack-a-daisy attitude towards what is happening is to me unacceptable. They have known that this exists since the Better Together Update that had us become Bedrock and pc users as Java.

It’s documentation of being reported to the Bug Report is dated to Sept 19, 2018, where it is stated that Bedrock knows of this, it stated “ISSUE is known should be fixed ASAP” and the 2nd significant post that day said: “It’s more than likely they are glitch abusing for wins, Mineplex knows about it and working on fixing it.” Working on fixing it…. Humm … what does that really mean? It’s been what 9 months later, and everyone who is anyone, knows about it. How did it spread, who shared this information? I doubt it was the person(s) who reported it to the Bug Committee. But, it’s out there with the how to instructions on how to use it to your best ability to get the most from it’s use.

As I stated, I don’t fault the player who finds out and uses. I fault Mineplex for knowing about it and doing nothing to stop it by fixing it… haha… ya right! And, I also fault that Mineplex’s staff use and abuse their knowledge of knowing about this glitch or method or whatever the hell anyone wants to call it these days… but, players like us are now put in the position of policing Mineplex Bedrock, we see a person hacking record and report, invisible skin, same, glitches and bug our responsibility to report… we are the new Moderators of Bedrock… I don’t know what the real Moderators do any longer other than maybe paperwork that we generate by doing the reports. And, what is the Bug committee doing to close these bugs or glitches or whatever we want to call this one since players are afk. But, I personally hold Mineplex staff to a higher accountability level then us players, they were selected after a interview, etc., process and go from trainee to Sr Mod, is part of the training to use and abuse known glitches that was reported to you by a regular player who was doing their new job of policing Mineplex. If you were selected to hold any position even to be one in like QAT where, idk if you were interviewed, but you hold a Mineplex title and so it includes you. If, Mineplex doesn’t feel that who they put in these positions are held to a higher standard as representatives and authority of Mineplex, then all I can say is shame on you Mineplex. I wouldn’t want many of you working under me… I believe in integrity, and they are cheating, I wouldn’t have them working for me and their levels would be reduced to the lowest level that can be determined by looking at their daily stats gained or xp gain and I would return them to their lowest Level with the xp they had prior to boosting (yes, I know you don’t want to call it that… too bad it is!).

So, I named no names, everyone who has done it, or doing it, knows who they are and they don’t know if I know or not, but I know enough. I am not after what happens to someone who is not Mineplex staff, you didn’t find out from it being reported to whom you are technically working for. Can Mineplex determine if those staff members have used this method without having them recorded and a video turned in… yes, because they (Mineplex) stated that the video is not evidence under these circumstances. But they can look at the stats of these staff members and see how quickly they went from a level 40 to a level 90… etc., it’s there in black and white… so, why not? Mineplex it is on you rn!

Here is what the Games Rules state, and these 2 rules apply:

Game rules:

Stat Boosting

Boosting account stats including exp, gems, shards, etc through unfair or unintended means. You will be temporarily banned on 1st instance without warning.

You will be PERMANENTLY banned on 2nd instance without warning.

Game Rule:

Bug Exploiting

*Leniencey in MPS - If you are testing someone in a whitelisted/otherwise private MPS, you should never be punished. If it’s in a more public / general game and you are abusing these to be unfair to others during general gameplay, you may still be warned/punished*

Intentionally abusing a bug or a glitch on the server or in a game that gives you an unfair advantage, or ruins gameplay for other players.

You may or may not be issued a warning before being banned.

That should say it for everyone… it is a rule… and it is being overlooked, and you are all coming up with your gray areas that says it does not apply. It should, it is called abuse.

Mineplex needs to address their staff issue. Period. Mineplex needs to do something about their staff issue.

Oh, and Bug committee… why do you not implement the feature you have had and no longer use since we became Bedrock is implement the timed out for going afk in a game. This feature was part of the Mineplex pe when we were that, no matter what game you were in if you went afk during that game, after x amount of time a warning and a timer would go off stating if you don’t move in x amount of time you will be removed and then they are kicked from game and placed in lobby. If this glitch thing, afk thing is benefiting from the players going afk in games that they stated don’t have a timed afk system in force… which personally, I don’t see any game having it in force… so you need to get on implementing a system that we once used and enforce it. Period… do something for the benefit of bettering Mineplex Bedrock… omg!

Is this an unfair way of leveling up? YES!

Posted May 11, 2019
  16. But that’s the point, it’s supposed to be hard to get

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 11, 2019
    Outplqy3d and Mystic 0440 like this.
  17. You got that completely 200% right PentitentPlot863, I say in a million words what you say in a few! Exactly! I feel no value to becoming a Level 100, it “had” past tense meaning for me to strive for... it lost almost all other than “I earned it”! I can say that with pride, I worked hard and earned every measly xp to get me there. When it loses its meaning who cares to be there to earn any levels.
    Mineplex wants players, wow what a way to keep the ones you do have. You closed your eyes and IGNORED what has been going on in Bedrock long enough... it is TIME you correct this glitch, afk flaw, stat boosting error and make right what you allowed to be abused. You cant say you can’t when PentitentPlot863 said he could look and find players who leveled higher and faster than normal.... fix it! Start with your staff.
    --- Post updated ---
    I am only going to comment to this that you stated:

“However, it can get punished on Dragons, if the afk users abuse a glitch, that let them fly on the air. This causes to ruin the gameplay for everyone. Even if there are 2 players flying, which means, the game will go on until the game timeout happens. But if you just stand there normaly and don't effect the gameplay in a negative way, it's fine.”
    How... seriously... how can you state that a fly-hacker ruins gameplay “for everyone “ in Dragons and you don’t feel that the cheap tactics used to boost/gain xp is not also, in your words “ruin gameplay for everyone” ... how is it not when the top 3 placement positions end up going to the remaining 3 game afk glitchers... that is fair? ... you don’t call what you do as ruining my gameplay, because I am playing, your not. That, sorry, is not what I call gameplay.

Posted May 11, 2019
    Outplqy3d likes this.
  18. Not going to lie, but about 10-11 out of the current level100s, had used this method, Also, I believe there’s supposed to be an afk timer for dragons as well, it would be illogical to think that your encouraged to afk on dragons considering games like blockhunt, and skywars have afk timers only for 5 minutes. So saying that this is even a method wouldn’t make any sense, because it’s quite assumable that there’s definitely a afk timer for dragons, even though it apparently doesn’t work.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 11, 2019,
    Last edited May 11, 2019
    xCipSyrianS likes this.
  19. El4ctrified I agree it's sad how the top players all play dragons and don't really have time to play actually play the game, cuz immediately after, they're already 100, I still agree to just being afk and not flying is ok, but not abusing the glitches. The dragons timer has worked on cheaters before It from time-to-time kicks players to another lobby then they log off, but not always
    --- Post updated ---
    Also to add, this upcoming summer, Mp is trying to reduce the amount of gems you earn, and try to make an afk timer for ~5 minutes, but by then its prob too late to do.. so. :/

Posted May 11, 2019
    Strafer303 likes this.