• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Starting armor and kits

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by HelloItsMegan, Nov 3, 2018.

?

Keep starting armor

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    76.5%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. Chealy24

Chealy24

What? That makes absolutely no sense… why are we now talking about bedwars not cakewars? Or did u mean cakewars? And what do you mean about iron and diamond armour?

Posted Nov 30, 2018
  2. what I'm saying is that. Do you think it's unfair having diamond and iron armor? And in H ypixel they have kits and they have leather to keep the game balance. Leather, gold, iron, diamond isn't balanced. Also Having kits is great but players think its unfair.

Posted Nov 30, 2018
  3. Chealy24

Chealy24

From what my friends who have recently started playing cakewars find kits as something cool to get which gives a aim to the game besides just wins they DON’T see it as something to hate on or want to see them removed.

Posted Nov 30, 2018
  4. If kits were removed this would be a terrible downfall on cakewars. As a lot of people would stop playing the game if this were to happen. Why do you think people play the game? Id hate to admit not just for fun, but for competitivity. Notice how everyone on the cakewars leaderboard (including me) are in full diamond. If you don’t like how people keep rushing towards you, leave the game or strategize. And technically it’s not an advantage because all of us worked our way up there. So I don’t understand why new players keep complaining. As it’s something you have to earn. You have to understand that it’s not just given to you. It usually takes 300 to 1000 wins to fully obtain. Having that taken away from someone who’s either in the process of trying to get it, and someone who’s always dependent on it, would be such a disappointment. People would no longer be able to grind wins.
    --- Post updated ---
    I looking at this, puts cakewars at risk, removing kits, especially diamond armour impacts a lot of people. You can’t just take it away, and hope it makes the game more fun. For you maybe, but not necessarily for majority of the people that are in diamond armour. Removing kits would not be portrayed as “fun” for a lot of diamond people. I know that for sure.

Posted Nov 30, 2018
  5. FabianTuck

FabianTuck

Greetings!
    As I see that you wanted to propose an idea, please do so at Game Alterations. When you post your idea here, you will be able to get the community's feedback and a chance on your alteration being added into the game! I think it's really cool to be able to upgrade your kit and your kit upgrades! If you have a suggestion on how these kits can be altered, please leave your feedback at the New Kit Discussion forum where members of the ideas Team would love to hear from you! I can also guarantee to you that you are not the only person seeing pre-armored players like this.
    As many users above have also stated, this would be really unfair to the players who spent their time to reach this limit, so I cannot see a full change the way you are wanting. So in my opinion, I believe that the current system Bedrock has if doing its job. You can also get diamond armor yourself as others have.
    As you did state @HelloItsMegan, "Yes that’s the point, it prevents that". To me, the aspect of why CakeWars is fun is because of the suspense it has. If we were to add a grace period, this would totally ruin the aspect of the creeping suspense.
    Also, as @PandaFyre made great points, we are aware of the duplication processes that are happening. In this case, if you know/discover a duplication, please send a Bug Report right away where a member of QA [Quality Assurance] will come into contact with you shortly regarding your report. If a member does not come into contact with you within 2+ weeks of your bug report, you should probably message a member which can be found at the Staff List. So if you find a player that is duplicating, the first thing you should do is gather evidence then submit a Player Report. If you are confused at what to do here, please look at the thread provided here that will tell you how to make a Player Report. Once you submit your report, a member of the RP [Report Patrol] team will come into contact with you shortly. If a member does not come into contact with you in 2+ days, you should message a member of the team found at the Mineplex Staff List. If you have any trouble with this, feel free to message me and I will reply ASAP!
    Also, @Dill330 makes some great points in his forum post. He said, "If kits were removed this would be a terrible downfall on cakewars." and this is totally agreeable! This would be a huge downfall if kits were to be removed from the game since it a big goal to achieve!
    So the discussion still lies, "should starting off with armor be remove in CakeWars be removed?" If you do feel strongly in your suggestion(s), please post them in the Idea links I provided above so you can get your voice/opinion heard. I honestly think that the kits are balanced but I do see where you are coming from. With all of this being said, if you have any Mineplex related questions, feel free to message me and I will get back with you as soon as I can!
    -
    Have a lovely day!

Posted Dec 1, 2018
  6. It's mostly they would have a lot of problems with cakewars. But when you think of it The kits aren't balanced because of how you use it. Mineplex wants you to have kits to edit it. Plus sometime you should be thankful that mineplex has this.

Posted Dec 1, 2018
  7. I don't really play it competitively, despite having full diamond on two kits. I'm really just playing to grind now, and as you said here...

Posted Dec 1, 2018
  8. My take on it is, allow players to play with and without kits. Make Cake Wars Kits and regular Cake Wars. Do not allow the ones playing Cake Wars regular to get advancements for kits.

Posted Dec 5, 2018
    Blue_Ouija likes this.
  9. Chealy24

Chealy24

:o this thread is still alive, that’s a good idea @TreTheOnly but i can’t see it becoming a thing simply because if cake wars isn’t even getting an update then the chance of adding a new version of the game seem slim. It would also split the community of players, you wouldn’t be able to get a game and grind in a kitted version or you wouldn’t be able to earn anything but wins in a non-kitted version. Still an idea though. :)

Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 3:52 AM
    TreTheOnly likes this.
  10. Yeah I really like the kits though. I mean it gives an unfair advantage, but you have to work for it. Work hard for it too. I see plenty of games on plenty of servers where you can have an unfair advantage if you pay real money. I like the concept of it being free.

Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 10:01 AM
    Chealy24 and Blue_Ouija like this.
  11. Chealy24

Chealy24

Yeah like I said in my first post It’s of course something you have to work for. And yeah I see where your coming from with it not being pay to win to get better, it’s more like play to win if that makes sense? Although a problem I can see is that, to upgrade the kits you would of course have to play the version where you might encounter people like me with full diamond and if you only had leather then it really doesn’t change anything.

Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 11:12 AM
  12. True and I would be full diamond if my kits were not glitched, but if it does become a major issue, they can just make iron the max and allow you to add perks to your kit or something. I run up on squads of full diamond sometimes, and they whoop us. BUT I am full gold with a diamond sword, and I tend to always win with just that. If 1 person is full diamond, I aim to take their cake asap. If 2 are full diamond, I have like a 50/50 chance of actually winning. If any more is full diamond then I can't win. No matter what lol

Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 12:13 PM
  13. Hey, what if there were cakewars ranks. When you first join on rank 1 you have no armor, once you get all of the armor for a certain material (Iron, Diamond, Ect.) You move on to that corresponding rank

Rank 1 is no armor
    Rank 2 is leather
    Rank 3 is Gold
    Rank 4 is chainmail
    Rank 5 is Iron
    Rank 6 is Diamond

And yes someone could skip ranks if they worked hard enough

Posted Dec 10, 2018 at 9:59 PM
  14. xPossum

xPossum

Personally I just think we should remove starting armor kit upgrades. It makes good players even better and widens the skill gap and overall can lead to a bad experience gameplay wise. It's a broken system, and less of a revise is needed than a full out removal/revamp.

Posted Dec 10, 2018 at 11:02 PM
  15. Chealy24

Chealy24

This basically changes nothing as you don’t change the game at all you just make people with armour look greater, I mean cheers I have full diamond but this won’t change anything for new players and would probably annoy people more :/

Posted Dec 11, 2018 at 3:30 AM
  16. Welp, they have removed kits from Cake Wars now. Everyone spawns in leather armor. I can't believe Mineplex did this, as we full diamond players have worked so hard to get them. I hope we get some kind of compensation for this. I feel that this was one of the biggest mistakes Mineplex has done.

Posted Dec 11, 2018 at 6:52 PM
  17. I just found that out too. Super bad decision on their part I think. The whole point was to play and get armor upgrades as rewards. Don’t know if I’ll continue to play Cake Wars anymore...

Posted Dec 11, 2018 at 6:58 PM
  18. Yea, even though I am the #1 player, I don't feel like Cake Wars is worth playing any more.

Posted Dec 11, 2018 at 7:06 PM
  19. There’s just no incentive, ya know? I was working so hard towards having full diamond armor and now what has all the progress gotten me? Nothing. Like you said it’s not worth it.
    Congrats on being the #1 player tho, I’m wondering if I ever got beasted by you lol

Posted Dec 11, 2018 at 7:46 PM
  20. Starting armor would be cool but many (including myself) attempt to max their kits, now that they’re removed i think we should be rewarded with exclusive items or get our stuff back.

Posted Dec 11, 2018 at 8:14 PM