• 3200 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13186 Players Online
  • 9986 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Start 2020 off right: Reinstate Gem Hunters 2.0

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by AwesomeAdoGamer, Jan 2, 2020.

?

Yes or No?

This poll will close on Jan 2, 2030 at 10:55 AM.
  1. Yes

57.9%
  2. No

42.1%
  1. Hey Mineplex, I want to suggest we reinstate Gem Hunters 2.0 and I will simply get to the point:

Gem Hunters was a great game and it brought many people together. There were so many people that Gem Hunters needed many more separate lobbies and those lobbies needed to hold more people.
    It has been literal years since Mineplex got that kind of traffic and I want to see it be brought back.

Let's look at some facts:
    1) Mineplex has been declining rapidly over the past 1-1.5 years due to little/no new games or games that served a long-term purpose, like Gem Hunters. Sure, a game of block hunt can be nice and anticipating, but after it's over, what then? Another one? Another after that with little to look forward to? Gem Hunters served as an original idea in Mineplex, brought hundreds of people together to have fun, and had longer-term goals: Getting gems, crates/treasures, etc...

2) Mineplex's games are mostly short-term, with barely anybody on, and they have little to offer besides the temporary fun per game and the tiny in-game rewards. This may seem okay, but if you look at -snip-, (Advertising not intended) for instance, they also have minigames, but they have more rewards, more long-term minigames, etc... that Gem Hunters offered and they are one of the largest Minecraft servers, and we used to be close to their popularity.

Okay, so with most argument out of the way, let's discuss the new edition of the game:
    I and many others understand that the game was taken down due to bugs and hacker exploits, but these either are already fixed, or can be easily fixed.

Hacking:
    You see, the GWEN anti-cheat hasn't always been great, but now, it can kick hackers. This is game-changing (pun slightly intended) due to the fact that in Gem Hunters, combatlog existed and this would make them lose their stuff and a bit of their progress. Most hackers will eventually either get banned, ragequit, or even play legitimately, at least for a bit.

Bugs:
    From what I can gather, the game was also shut down due to bugs messing up game experiences, I have confidence in the Mineplex staff or developers team to iron out those small inconveniences.

One of the best parts of this idea is mainly that the actual game can remain largely the same, with the major difference being the bug fixes and hacker patrols.

I know for a fact that many, many people on Mineplex loved this game and were impacted when the game went down. Search up "gem hunters" and scroll down on almost any part of these forums to see this. I want Mineplex to thrive again, and I also want a game that could revive Mineplex to a better state, at least, and that can truly be rewarding in-game to those who play it. The game's gem, shard, treasure chests, and even rare rank upgrades can all remain, as they make the game rewarding. Combined with the situation of Mineplex and the subtle server changes, which have a GAME-CHANGING (Another slightly intended pun) impact on the inconveniences of the game, like weeding out hackers and fixing technical issues, can place us one step closer to making Mineplex more prosperous again!

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    510bike likes this.
  2. Yes, I would absolutely love them hunters to be back. Although it was removed due to Mineplex losing money, we should at least bring it back for a month or two and see how the community likes it.
    Remember the game Area 51 raid? It was enjoyable even though most of the code from castle siege was included it still made people play for hours.
    The only long term (non-minigame) game on the server and it’s clans. Do you notice how there’s lots of people at the start of each season and then it starts dying down due to clans having too much and start getting bored.
    But with gem hunters it’s like the start of the season every day as you would need to restart your progress every time you die and learn to gather materials and reach to the top. And gather your own army to conquer the game, and learn who and who not to trust.

We can remove the rank upgrades (or have a lower chance) and with less gems and chest chances, etc and only offer better prizes in games with more people in it.
    There can be king of the hills to make things fun, etc.
    Have you also noticed the amount of Youtubers that streamed there? It brought playerbase and fun

but overall gemhunters should return

Posted Jan 2, 2020
  3. i would really like this idea: bringing back old games would mean more fun for new players and more fun for old players too :)))

however it takes a while to finish that stuff so don’t expect it at the start of 2020 lol

Posted Jan 2, 2020
  4. Yes please bring this back!! I loved this game!

Posted Jan 2, 2020
  5. Hi there!

I like your idea! But I see some downsides with it.

I myself did like Gem Hunters but I'm not so sure if it's in desperate need to return to Mineplex. Say you do bring Gem Hunters back to Mineplex which you need to keep in mind it's going to take awhile a game like gem hunters doesn't take 2 weeks to develop. But if Mineplex was to reintroduce Gem Hunters we don't know if this will bring back players or rise the player count meaning that it'll just take more players from the games making those games take longer less games and overall just bring all attention to Gem Hunters. I can see some perks with this though, some players really did like Gem Hunters and I'm sure a lot of players would love to see this game back! The game was very fun and action packed and always restarting and fighting players and I love your new gwen idea, but sadly they might not happened so quickly either.

I thank you for your very well thought idea! But I'm going to give this a +0 Thanks for hearing me out!

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  6. Hey!
    Personally I loved the game Gem hunters and had a fun time playing it while it was out, however there was a lot of issues with the game. The game had a ton of issues and bugs and and if we reinstated Gem Hunters back to Mineplex then it would take the Developers a ton of time to sort out all the bugs and other issues in the game. It also declined in player base very fast which was kind of sad. When the game was first released there was a ton of people on the huge map, however as time went on players left and then you only saw around 20 people on if that and on that big of a map and that little of players it just didn't work out. I also haven't seen a ton of players recently state they want a return which makes me think that if it was to be implemented again it wouldn't have enough players to fully support the huge map and to make all the time the devs would need to put in worth it. Like I said, I wish Gem hunters would make a return because I loved the game, however as of right now it's not the time to add Gem Hunters back. I would be open to adding it again in the future if the player base rises again and the demand is there.

Posted Jan 5, 2020
    510bike and CowHatake like this.
  7. I actually really liked gem hunters a lot. I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing the game being re-implemented. The game was lots of fun for me. I remember going around the map for hours with friends looking for loot back when the game was still a thing.
    I think a lot of people would enjoy seeing the game re-implemented. My biggest concern though is that our current playerbase wouldn’t be able to support such a massive game. It would require a lot of work to develop and keep updated, and although a lot of people may want it back, our current population may not be big enough to support it.
    Still, I’d be open to seeing the game re-implemented. Hopefully it would draw in some new people.

Posted Jan 6, 2020
  8. Hey gamer,

Personally, I loved gem hunters. It was a unique game on the network and wasn't like anything else on any other server. However, as times move on so do games. Gem hunters was a lot to maintain. The game wasn’t shut down primarily because of bugs, the game was shut down due to there being no one to work on it consistently like it needed. It was difficult to moderate and as you said, there were bugs. The anti-cheat is better than it was during then, but gem hunters was a very laggy game and would more than likely interfere with that. I can already tell you as much as a lot of people wish it'd happen, there are other projects being worked on right now.

I hope you understand, have a good day!

Posted Jan 6, 2020
    Im_Ken and Unfavorited like this.
  9. To be fair sometimes I go on the times when there aren’t many people online to farm gems (and gather gear for fights)

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  10. Main issue would be hackers, staff could just constantly patrol gem hunters (as it'd probably be quite infested) or ya know we could get a better anti-cheat :/

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  11. What are you talking about? The anti-cheat needs to be nerfed; it kicks people for jumping and falling for too long :-P

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 22, 2020
    • General Rudeness Severity 1
    You are either a troll or have never played on mineplex. While the anti-cheat is very good at banning legit players who click fast, it can't really stop hackers from five-blocking people with killaura and b-hop.

Posted Jan 22, 2020
  12. Thread moved to General Idea Discussion

I really enjoyed playing Gem Hunters as well while it lasted. I think re-implementing the game might be an investment but I think it can be beneficial in the long run as it could potentially increase the player count. However, the game is filled with bugs and would require a lot of development time to be put into the project which is quite limited at this time. Overall, I will agree with this idea and would like to see it implemented. Thank you for taking the time in writing this thread.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  13. Heyo,

I'll be denying this idea as the code is gone and would require an entire rewrite which would be a ton of effort for a game that already had hackers and people that abused the large amount of glitches that already existed within the game. Essentially, there are a ton of other projects that would be a lot better investment other than bringing back a game that failed. Thanks for taking the time to suggest your idea though and feel free to dm me if you have any questions.

Posted Jan 29, 2020