• 3219 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13267 Players Online
  • 10048 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survey Star Trek... or Star Wars? Looking for Opinions!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fallen™, Feb 25, 2020.

Tags:
?

Star Trek... or Star Wars? Looking for Opinions!

1. I've watched both: Star Trek

13.8%
  2. I've watched both: Star Wars

31.0%
  3. I've watched one: Star Trek

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I've watched one: Star Wars

55.2%
  1. I like having the high ground.

Posted Feb 28, 2020
    Fallen™ and Korben (gone) like this.
  2. Very well said. Changed a few of my opinions too! Thanks for the reply

Best Regards,
    - Fallen

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 28, 2020
    WowCaleb and Korben (gone) like this.
  3. Heyo,

I have seen all the Star Wars movies and two of the Star Trek movies. I personally like the Star Trek movies, but the Star Wars series seems to appeal to me more. Though, I really only like episodes 1 - 6 the most, I don't really like the other movies as much. I've also watched Solo and some of the Mandalorian. So I definitely seem biased towards Star Wars, but I do truly enjoy both movie series, though Star Wars seems to be more of my thing :)

Posted Feb 28, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.
  4. Updated Original Post!
    After reading your responses, I decided to make the OP a bit less biased. I highlighted some of my favorite arguments from you guys and compiled them into a first-person kind of written piece. New readers/voters will be able to read your arguments and vote with a bit more context.

@CipSyrianS
    @Grandmaster
    @Creadword
    @WowCaleb

Thank for the replies everyone, keep 'em coming!

OP OP
    WowCaleb and Korben (gone) like this.
  5. Growing up as a child I have always been familiar with Star Wars, just because it's so exhilarating and exciting.

I am your father...

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  6. Star Wars all the way. I did play star trek on the Xbox 360 if anyone knows what I'm talking about. I also use to watch star trek when I was younger and would 100% choose star trek over Star Wars. Star Wars scared me when I was younger for some reason, so I never watched it, even if I tried. As a grew older I didn't really enjoy Star Trek anymore, I really don't know why maybe I just grew away from it. So once I lost interest in that I decided to give Star Wars another chance. I remembered all the parts that scared me as a child and watched them again and realized that they weren't so scary after all. So after the first movie, it got me wanting to know the storyline. So I watched all the tapes and DVD's that I had.

P.S: I just watched the newest one, and I won't lie... It wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be.

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  7. Just to clarify, did you prefer Star Wars, or Star Trek? From what I could tell it was Star Wars, but just double checking!

OP OP
  8. Star Wars has been a big part of my childhood. I've never got particularly interested in star trek so all I can say is that the first six star wars films were masterpieces. After that the series was ruined imo.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  9. Star Wars for me. I have watched all the Star Trek and Star Wars movies in the past, and *please don't hate* but I personally have found Star Trek to just be a bit 'weird', for lack of better term. Star Wars on the other hand really intrigued me and gave enjoyment to me through my childhood years, along with some other series but Star Wars will always have a place in me.

Posted Mar 1, 2020
  10. Star Wars all the way. I've seen both but Star Trek never had the vision like Lucas was able to capture. The ways Star Wars has expanded from cinema, to television, to books, to games are quite the amount of evidence for Lucas's vision. For me, it has always been the Prequels/Clone Wars that captured Star Wars at its best.

Posted Mar 1, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  11. (first post of the year guys, and yes I have been inactive for awhile) When asked whether I prefer star wars or star trek, I usually say something like "It depends on whether I am in the mood for action or for actual science fiction." Overall I feel like a single star trek episode has a more complex plot then an entire star wars movie and it feels more like science fiction. Star Wars though is much more exciting to watch for obvious reasons and the clone wars has been, and always will be my favorite tv show of all time. I have re watched it over and over again since it first came out when I was four-ten and will probably spend the rest of my life re watching it. So I like them equally and it really depends on what I am in the mood for

Posted Mar 3, 2020
    Korben (gone) likes this.
  12. Hey!
    To me I would have to go with Star Wars all the way. Now in defense of Star Trek, I never really gave it a chance, because I didn't watch it a lot when I was younger. However, I grew up watching Star Wars. My family loves Star Wars and tries to see any new movie the opening weekend, which is really fun! I also love Star Wars because I love the galaxy it created and I love seeing all the different species, like Ewoks. Overall I would have to go Star Wars, mainly because I have seen more of it and therefore have begun to like it better. Maybe some day soon I'll start watching some Star Trek to see how it is!

Posted Mar 3, 2020
    Korben (gone) likes this.