• 1112 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5747 Players Online
  • 4635 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survey Star Trek... or Star Wars? Looking for Opinions!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fallen™, Feb 25, 2020.

Tags:
?

Star Trek... or Star Wars? Looking for Opinions!

1. I've watched both: Star Trek

13.8%
  2. I've watched both: Star Wars

31.0%
  3. I've watched one: Star Trek

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I've watched one: Star Wars

55.2%
  1. Survey: Star Trek... or Star Wars? Looking for Opinions!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Choice - The Light Side, Star Trek
    Personally, I've got to pick Star Trek. And while I know I'll be in the minority, here's why I picked it: It's a vision of what our future could be. Sure, it's Science Fiction, but think about all the basis it has in reality! It's a champion for civil rights, for which it has a famous history. It has alone broken records and boldly gone places in television that at the time were unheard of (Ahem, Lt. Uhura).

Not only that, but if you get into the plot, it's filled with complex characters, morals and more. It takes basic ideas and turns them into works of art, in every single episode. When I contrast this with Star Wars, I find the plot more shallow. That isn't to say that they both have their pros and cons, and that Star Wars definitely beats Star Trek on some points... but the central theme in Star Wars has always been and will always continue to be "Light vs Dark," (a note that Star Wars DOES expand onto multiple themes and storylines and is complex as well) whereas with Star Trek you've got these CONSTANTLY branching out themes, hundreds of different storylines, and a plethora of spin-offs. Whether you're watching The Next Generation (this dude), The Original Series, or maybe even the newest 2019-Present Star Trek Discovery, you'll find varying themes, motives, characters, and morals which at the end of the day when the conflict of every episode is resolved, leave you with a feeling of wonder... could we be like that?

It takes the idea of "Space Travel" and expands on it. Uses it to show what we could be as a society in the future. Free of poverty, famine, natural disaster... Accepting of everything and anything someone wants to become. Unified as humans on Earth... Imagine!

The Argument for Star Wars - Compiled from responses.
    NOTE: These arguments were compiled from you guys! I've written them out in first person to make them easier to understand, but they're your thoughts, not mine.

Star Wars is a very captivating franchise. Having watched both, I find both story-lines intriguing. However, I've always liked Star Wars more. I've found the whole concept of the force and everything more interesting than Star Trek's concept(s) throughout the years. While Star Trek has got multiple spin offs, Star Wars has many as well, and they give you great insights into specific details not covered in the main films. Star Wars also has a large variety of games, such as Star Wars Battlefront II & Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. And that's not even touching on the lego games! It's got something for everyone across all walks of life.

In terms of Graphics, it should come as no surprise that Star Wars is more attention-grabbing and has a higher budget, making them nicer. Not only this but myself, like many other people have been "raised" with Star Wars. It's pop culture. Star Trek doesn't have that. Everyone and their brother knows Star Wars, because it's been a generational story from Dad to Son (and Mom to Son), since it came out... Success after success.

I find that the concept of "Light vs. Dark" in star wars is quite intriguing.

Credit goes to the following for the Star Wars argument:
    @CipSyrianS
    @Grandmaster
    @Creadword
    @WowCaleb

How about your thoughts?
    What about you? Do you prefer Star Trek or Star Wars? Vote on the poll of course... Make sure to leave your reasoning below, excited to get back to you guys!

Posted Feb 25, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 28, 2020
    WowCaleb and Korben (gone) like this.
  2. I have seen both, but I have to say Star Wars is just more my thing. I have seen most of both of them (star wars movies the clone wars rebels and ive read books, then ive watched the OG star trek, and I've touched on multible spin offs) but star trek just hasn't captivated me the same way star wars has.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 and Fallen™ like this.
  3. I have seen both, but I have to say Star Wars is more or less what I watch more over Star Trek. I have seen all episodes for both trilogies and movies. As said above as well, I have also read some books on Star Wars & Star Trek, and I've seen several spin offs and other films related to the two. I would say Star Wars is my favorite pick, since I binge watching it more over Star Trek, even if the plot and characters suck.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    Fallen™ and Korben (gone) like this.
  4. Star Wars is amazing in the sense it really captivated the audience, and has for many many years (which is why it’s such a massive franchise). Agree on that point.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 26, 2020
    Korben (gone) likes this.
  5. Star Wars has been around for quite awhile, and yes, the fame it has gotten throughout time has gotten it to where it is now, in Disney's hands, haha, but still growing at the same time. Star Trek is also an interesting franchise, and If you have not watched it yet, I would recommend watching the first one, where they will tell you the information and key points needed for the next few movies after it.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.
  6. I’m versed in both Star Trek and Star Wars; it’s a family obsession (Star Wars is). My interest in ST is my own, and I’ve seen every series and movie there is to see, probably three times over haha. A bit obsessed? Maybe.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 26, 2020
  7. I’ve seen both. I have to say that both are really fun to watch and deliver good amounts of action. I like the storylines behind them both and I’ve watched about every movie of them. However, I have to say that I’ve always loved Star Wars a bit more. I like the whole concept of the force and everything better than Star Trek’s concept. Star Wars has just always been my favorite growing up and I’ll always love it.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
    Korben (gone) and Fallen™ like this.
  8. I've seen both, multiple times, including the respective shows for each.
    Personally, I love Star Trek more. The latest Star Wars trilogy was.. nothing compared to the older ones, whereas the latest Star Trek trilogy I love so much, and they are all some of my favourite movies.

I watched the Star Trek shows when I was younger and I have to say The Next Generation is my favourite. I don't really know what it is about it, but it really gripped me when I was younger, and I've loved the Star Trek series ever since.

~ Zom

Posted Feb 26, 2020
  9. Never watched Star Trek and I watch Star Wars religiously.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
  10. I’ve seen both but Star wars I think is a little more interesting.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
  11. Yes! I fell in love with TNG, then moved onto Voyager, DS9... Then watched TOS, Finishing off with Enterprise. That was when I was 11-12.

Now we have a world of Star Trek Discovery & Star Trek Picard which just came out by the way!!!! (SO EXCITED FOR EPISODE 6 TONIGHT), which is great too. Star Trek is awesome haha.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 27, 2020
  12. Never seen Star Trek, huge fan of Star Wars though (excluding new trilogy).

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  13. Star wars bro. I don't know how much I spent at this point on some of the Japanese figure recreations of iconic Star Wars characters, they look so sick in my room. The prequels of Star Wars were always my favorite, and with the recent show of Clone Wars(Really good) being revived, it's even better. The best content is videos that fans of Star Wars make regarding stuff like theory and things like that, really help develop the series. Star Wars is generally more popular and mainstream than Star Trek, but not just that - Star Trek was never really able to draw me in, and Star Wars grew with me as a kid, back to those old PS2 games, Lego Star Wars and all that haha.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  14. Hey,

I actually haven't watched Star Wars or Star Trek, in terms of the movies or anything canon. However, I have played 2 Star Wars games, being Star Wars Battlefront II & Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. I've been pretty obsessed with the later game more recently, so I guess I would have to go with Star Wars.

Thanks,
    ~ TheGrandmaster

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  15. Star wars is much better

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  16. Hey! :sigils_down:

I've seen both Star Wars and Star Trek, and being a kid Star Wars just did a much better job at grabbing my attention. I enjoyed both series of movies a lot, but in the end I'll have to say that I liked Star Wars significantly more. The action, the story, and really the graphics were just more attention-grabbing for me. Not only this, but I was sort of "raised" to like star wars more, being that when I was younger and at my dads house, I'd always watch star wars and my dad told me he never really got into/liked Star Trek. So one could say I have a bit of a bias, but still after years, me and my moms side of the family watched all of the Star Trek episodes, and the graphics as well as the overall story-line or tone of the movie were simply not as engaging to me. Though again, I think both are great series! Thanks for posting!

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    WowCaleb, Fallen™ and Korben (gone) like this.
  17. YESS!! I've been watching Picard as it's coming out, and it's amazing!

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  18. Star Wars original movies
    4,5,6 are way better then Star Trek

Posted Feb 28, 2020
    xGetRektedx and Korben (gone) like this.
  19. I'm really liking the new format of the show. I get it's not a 1-episode-1storyline kind of deal like in TNG, but it's still really awesome. The cinematics are like, well, Star Wars but with the Star Trek flair, plot line, etc.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 28, 2020
    Korben (gone) and WowCaleb like this.
  20. Hey!

Judging by the results 0% of people have watched Star Trek only and 55.5% have watched Star Wars only. I'm part of the majority here, so I can't comment on Star Trek and form a preference but I can express my undying love for Star Wars! I've been obsessed with it since I was about six years old and at one stage I even stuck posters all over my room, with my favourite scenes and characters. I always found Jango Fett to be an underrated character and I gave him a lot of my attention, as well as Boba Fett. I didn't have any interest in the politics that can be seen in the prequels more so but somehow I always enjoyed the Bounty Hunters' journeys!

I find that the concept of "Light vs. Dark" in Star Wars is quite intriguing and is easy to follow. It is not the only theme here and all that exist can be found in all nine films rather than being jumbled into a series. A film or TV show does not have to portray realism; past, present or future, to be any more enlightening. Each film in Star Wars left you with food for thought and this would excite you until the next movie comes out, which is worth waiting around for. Bear in mind that there are also films such as "Han Solo" that are not part of the main films, but they still count as spin-offs and provide you with even better insight!

Once again, I cannot contrast it with Star Trek so I do not have a defined opinion on the direct topic. I have a feeling, though, that Star Wars will always be elite in my mind! "I am your father" has stayed with me until the end.

Posted Feb 28, 2020