• 1552 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6523 Players Online
  • 4971 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Staff System | The best way for staff to check rules and answer questions!

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by ucyt5040, May 18, 2020.

?

What do you think?

1. It is pretty cool.

35.0%
  2. I like it.

60.0%
  3. I do not like it.

5.0%
  1. Hey, I have recently applied for trainee and I have made a system for checking stuff in case I get accepted! This is for staff but normal players can use it too! Go to -unapproved link-. Another link is https://sites.google.com/view/modtools/home.
    This isn't an ad, I'm just showing this off as a system I made.

The first link is blocked as it is a URL shortener.

Posted May 18, 2020,
    Last edited May 19, 2020
  2. Hey!

First, I want to say good luck on your application! And I just checked out this site that you made, and it's super great and thorough. It'll be even better when you finish up the FAQ section. Even if you don't get trainee this time around, I think you should definitely keep working on that; it'll be a tremendous help to not only the staff, but the community as well.

Again, thank you so much for putting so much time and effort into this wonderful guide!

Posted May 19, 2020
  3. Thanks so much buddy! Hope you get moderator, and I'm glad you like it!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 19, 2020,
    Last edited May 19, 2020
    ChrissyTheFish likes this.
  4. This looks like something trainees copy/paste in their responses. I applaud the effort it took making this, but now Im just going to see the same copy/paste answers everywhere.

Posted May 19, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  5. Hey!

The website you made is super helpful and thank you for making it! It's not just helpful to us, but helpful for everyone that needs it. Also great job on making it! Looks very clean and unique. And good luck on getting Trainee! I'm sure you'll get it eventually :)

Posted May 19, 2020
    ucyt5040 likes this.
  6. OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 19, 2020
    ItsFree and ChrissyTheFish like this.
  7. You are semi right and semi wrong. Most of these are from the FAQ. This site is for making these more acsesible, not just copying. The main thing about the site is the organization system where you select the options for one by one.

OP OP
    ChrissyTheFish likes this.
  8. I think this is a cool idea but I'm kind of confused on what the purpose of using it would be. Is it just a page where players and staff could find things quicker, rather than trying to find the information on the forums? Other than that, I could see this being very helpful to everybody, especially when it's completely finished! I definitely think you should continue working on this even if you don't get accepted as it would be of great use to the community. Thank you for taking time out of your day to work on this and good luck on your application!

Posted May 19, 2020
  9. As I mentioned before this organizes anything you need. This also might help for staff if they see a player misbehaving they can check this to see what to punish them with. If you have suggestions let me know and you can apply for edit perms on the website.

OP OP
    YoungSavage220 likes this.
  10. Would probably be better to separate the forum rules and in-game rules as forum rules don't go by severity at all. Forum rules aren't hard to find anyways and have pretty detailed descriptions too, so I don't feel there's a need to copy/paste or re-write the forum rules unless you added a few examples for literally everything. Same goes for in-game rules (giving examples and not just re-writing everything). Be very careful if you do copy/paste things too, it can easily be taken as plagirism.

Posted May 19, 2020
    PROSTONE and FluteVegetables like this.
  11. Hey Marzie! I understand your thinking and I might take that into consideration. In the browse by category section they will be separated, and I probably will add examples too, so I wont be considered plagiarism. I wont be able to do this now but maybe I can do it later today. Thank you for you feedback. Also, forum rules have points and I consider the points a severity. Not everyone might consider that, but I do.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 19, 2020,
    Last edited May 20, 2020
  12. Hey there!

As others have said, this is a very cool idea. It makes our jobs easier to navigate around and the design is well made. So thank you for the tool! And good luck on trainee, I would love to see you on the team!

Posted May 21, 2020
  13. Hey!
    I defiantly think this is a very helpful and cool idea. I love how it is accesible for players and staff because in my opinon it can be useful to everyone. I think there is a few flaws to it, like @Marzie said, I think that you should seperate forum and in-game rules from eachother and maybe make this more specific. However, I also see that this isn't finished yet but I commend you on what you've done so far. I think for me its going to take me some getting used to because I am so use to going on the forums and going to the rules tab but I will try to see if this works better for me :D

Posted May 21, 2020
  14. Hey!

I really like the site so far! It’s definitely a good go-to place for a lot of Mineplex information. So far, it looks super thorough and I can’t wait to see the final product! As stated earlier, I also would suggest separating the forum rules from in game rules for clarity sake. I think this might also make the site easier to navigate since it will be more specific. Keep it up and good luck on your application!

Posted May 21, 2020
  15. Hey!
    I really like the beginnings of the site, and I like the idea you're going for. It seems easy to navigate and has a pretty clean design. I also like the beginnings of the sections and ideas you're going for. However, as a few others have mentioned, I believe you should separate the forum rules and the in-game rules as the forum rules don't run by a severity system, and it also just clears that area up, as the rules on the forums are separate and different from the rules in-game. I also recommend not just copying straight from mineplex, as that could clearly be seen as plagiarism. Instead, I think a good idea would be to give examples of specific examples of such punishments, but link the rules page on Mineplex. Anyways, I love the idea so far, good luck on your application!

Posted May 22, 2020
    Spoiler likes this.
  16. I have separated forum rules and game rules. Thanks for all your feedback.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 22, 2020
    itsellie and IvanProvorov like this.
  17. Very interesting idea, I think also you should be careful using Mineplex's logo. I'm not sure if it's not allowed but I think they have this stuff copyrighted and stuff. IDK.
    Cool Idea though!

Posted May 22, 2020
  18. Hi! I think this is a very clear and useful website for staff and players to use - however, as others have said, please be careful with copying & pasting things, as it can be taken as plagiarism. I think an improvement that I would suggest for your guide is to have more things in the same place; when clicking through the website, it takes a little while to get to the actual rules by their severity. What I would suggest is to have a drop down menu instead of redirecting to another page, but this is just for convenience! I do think your guide is very detailed and helpful, so good job on that part.

Lastly, I wish you the best of luck on your application. Keep working hard, and I can't wait to see this guide finished!

Posted May 24, 2020
  19. There already is a drop-down menu at the top and I suggest you use that because the navigation and redirect pages are not finished.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 24, 2020
    RavenPaw9 likes this.
  20. Thank you for pointing this out! I did notice the drop down menu at the top, but I was also suggesting something similar for the navigation and redirect pages. For example, when you click on the rules portion of the navigation page, you could do a drop down menu for the severities/categories and leave links for those specific areas in that drop down menu. However, I do understand that the drop down menu at the top and the navigation pages serve different purposes, and I respect that. Thank you for the feedback, and I apologize for not clarifying on my part.

Posted May 24, 2020