• 691 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3823 Players Online
  • 3132 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Staff shortage?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Hexprime07, Nov 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would like to be interviewed to be a staff member. And yes I already messaged the appropriate party about it. There needs to be someone who can actively monitor ban reports, like the 5 ones I have pending as of right now. I believe i can fill the void that clearly seems to exist here. Who wants to wait hours on hours too see hackers get banned.

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  2. Hello,

If you would like to become a staff member, you can apply at www.mineplex.com/applicationpe. From there, you will write your application, and if it is good enough, you will advance to the next stage, Interviewing. A Recruiter that has similar interests as you, will interview you and once the interview is over, they will make the final decision after a few days. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact a staff member or Recruiter.

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  3. You can apply to become a staff member at apply.mineplex.com. Before applying please read www.mineplex.com/bat2. However, becoming a staff member includes much more than punishing rule breakers, so I would urge you to read into the process more and become aware of the many other duties that come with being a staff member.

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  4. As said above, being a moderator for Mineplex doesn't just consist of banning rule breakers. You must know a lot about the server, follow all requirements to apply, and be ready to answer questions. The mod position might seem easy, but there is a lot of things mods have to work on behind the scenes as well! Good luck if you apply!

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  5. If the pending macro was placed on your report, it means that a staff member has looked at your report but may be unsure of the sufficiency or is looking for a second opinion.

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  6. Meh probably bein held back cuz of forge precautions

Posted Nov 26, 2020
  7. Unfortunately Recruitment doesn't offer interviews upon request, you will need to explain your intentions and prove your worth via the regular application process. You can submit your application following this link: www.mineplex.com/applicationpe and you can read up more on the process following this link: www.mineplex.com/bat2

I will advise you that there's a lot more to being staff member than simply punishing rule-breakers, so just make sure you keep that in mind as you consider applying for a position on the team. Also keep in mind our staff team consists of volunteers, volunteers who sometimes work other jobs, volunteers who are in completely different time zones from you and volunteers who are pretty much all in school right now and this tends to be a very busy time for school. With that in mind, it's not always possible for us to be actively checking the reports section or to be in-game. I totally understand it's frustrating to watch hackers go un-punished sometimes but it's just not feasible for us to be on top of every single rule-breaker all the time and a Wednesday night generally tends to be a time when our staff can be busy doing their school work which ultimately takes precedence over their duties on the server.

If you haven't joined our Discord server already, I would highly encourage you to do so as there is a reporting section which is monitored by our Bedrock staff and it can serve as an extra way to get rule-breakers punished more quickly and there are more staff members who are available to handle these requests.

As for your reports, they will be handled as soon as a Bedrock staff member on Reports Patrol is available. Have a good rest of your night!

Posted Nov 26, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 26, 2020
    DaPBillk, scarlet, AyyNick and 2 others like this.
  8. Hey!

Thank you for expressing your interest in helping out the server, as a Recruiter myself, it's really lovely to see members of the community who would like to step up and help make a difference in the community. I would like to point out (as some of the others above have said), you should try to apply for Trainee by visiting apply.mineplex.com, and make sure to read this helpful guide prior to making your application: mineplex.com/bat2. There are a number of requirements you must meet in order to become a Trainee, so please check them out and keep them in mind before applying.

Next, it's important to really think about why you want to be a Trainee. I can tell you right now that we look for a lot more than just someone who wants to ban hackers and review reports. We look for someone who engages with the community and wants to help out across all aspects of the network. Yes, we do have teams like Reports Patrol available to Moderator+ Staff members to help handle the forum reports we have coming in, but that's more something you can look into if you reached Mod rank, not as a Trainee. As a Trainee, your main focus is helping out players with questions/concerns, gaining a better understanding of the rules and punishments, interacting with the community, and helping out with punishing rule-breakers.

Keep in mind that you can not just get an interview for Trainee out of nowhere. You must go through the same process as every other applicant goes through, that is the application process. You will need to write an application, if it is liked by the Recruitment team, then you may be moved onto the interviews stage, and if you do well there, you could then go through the observations stage, and then potentially get accepted. There are no exceptions of bypasses for any of these stages, every Staff member on the team (Trainee-Admins) have gone through this process, and everyone else planning to become a Staff member must do the same.

Regarding report waiting times, I'm sorry to hear you're having to wait a while for a response. Please keep in mind that reports can take time to be answered. If they are forum reports you are talking about, they usually get responded to within a few days, so please be patient. If you're waiting an excessively long amount of time (over a week or two), then please PM me and I'll look into those reports for you. Otherwise, please be patient because reports are generally handled by the first in first out system, meaning those reports that come in first (before yours) are handled first, as a priority.

Anyway, if you feel like you have what it takes to become a Staff member, definitely give it your best shot and apply. Keep in mind that it's not an easy or quick process, it takes time, dedication, determination, and persistence. It personally took me many applications to finally get accepted, so I like to tell people to never expect their first application to get accepted. If you do have any questions, you are more than welcome to send me a PM and I'll answer any you have as long as I'm able to disclose that kind of information.

Good luck if you choose to apply! I will be locking this thread since you have been directed to the correct place to apply and your concern surrounding reports has been addressed.

Thread Locked | Concern Addressed

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    scarlet, OrangeyCob, mat! and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.