• 3100 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14862 Players Online
  • 11762 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Staff Problems

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Taxaceous, Mar 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I have played on the "biggest minecraft server" and i can assure you that the reports are not answered under 5 minutes that's totally an exaggeration. Staff are often pretty preassured because of all the hackers with bypasses. I personally understand how tough it can be for staff and so sometimes i help them by making the hacker toggling so they can get enough proof. The reports aren't answered by staff, their cheat detection does on the top server you are talking about. Consider joining staff request there you get help immediately

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Dorks and Calverin like this.
  2. While staff request is the quickest and best way to get hackers banned, it is not immediate, lots of times staff aren't on, or just have the chat muted "doing other work", such as playing in even servers.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Dorks and BannableName like this.
  3. Maybe it's not the staff's fault if you are incorrectly filling out the /report command. If it's for chat you need to have the offense on your screen when you do the command. Staff are able to see any and all chat when this command is entered so make sure you didn't say anything toxic/mutable yourself. Seems a bit unfair to blame staff if you're not giving enough information or using the wrong punishment category .-.

Like @Sven said pretty much on point, no community member sees all the work a staff member does behind the scenes so it's very unfair for you to make that opinion at all.

Rules have changed, you can say hypixel now without being muted. Just don't lightly advertise for it because that WILL get you muted.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 and Im_Ken like this.
  4. Mhm, we don't see them doing that work because "it doesn't involve us" however we do see them flirting in the clansrequest com and playing in events while people cry out for help in staffrequest.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  5. Again, if you have a specific staff member in mind, you can report them to their mentor (if they are a Trainee or a Mod) and to their Admin if they are a Sr Mod. Staff members know they shouldn't be talking extremely casually in staffrequest-like communities. So if you actually have evidence of what you're claiming, please send it to me (or another StM mentor) or their admin.

Also being visible in casual settings (i.e. events) is part of their jobs.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Calverin and xGetRekted like this.
  6. There will always be at least one staff member online, and if we are not able to answer your report in StaffRequest then we have a reason for this. The other work you mention is what keeps the server running every day. A Moderator may not be able to answer your report, but perhaps they are checking in with their mentee or processing a report on the forums. As said by several other people on this thread, you do not know what is going on behind the scenes. This may be unfortunate in some cases, but ultimately it means you just cannot make assumptions based on the limited understanding you have.

I would also like to address the misconception that playing a game means that we are not doing our job. There is a lot to attend to on a server where the player count has been rising over the last number of weeks. Whatever the reason may be, you cannot argue the statistics. Playing a round of Nano Games or playing Cake Wars Duos with another staff member, or participating in an event, does not mean we are ignoring our workload. We all deserve a break from time to time. Again, who's to say we have not been carrying out subteam work for the last hour? If we are in a game and cannot investigate your report in StaffRequest, this does not make us any less worthy than those who choose to sacrifice their downtime to do so.

Dealing with StaffRequest reports is not the only role that staff members have. Conversing with players is something we do and a lot of the time it promotes constructive discussion within the community, which is what our members want to see. We are not robots, and so there is nothing wrong with getting to know the players on more of a personal level and encouraging a healthy relationship between the staff team and community. This is in normal situations - flirting in official communities is not something you should see. This should not serve as a representation of the entire staff team, rather a minority that should avoid this behavior. Feel free to submit a support ticket or contact their supervisor.

To return to your main point, the response in StaffRequest may not be immediate, and all we are asking for is for you to understand why. We do not expect any more than this, as at the end of the day, the onus is still on us to provide the best customer support we can. However, if you can acknowledge the reasons for our absence or delay, it would go a long way and would save you time and energy given you would no longer bear a false perception of what we do.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  7. I just want to point thus out since you have mentioned staff request twice now. Staff do not have to respond to staff request. They are not required to even be in that community. However, the staff members who are are usually glad to help whenever someone says something in there if they aren't currently busy. Most staff members will respond pretty quickly in Staff Request anyway.To add on about work staff members do. You will usually see a lot more trainees and Mods online dealing with rule breakers because that's in their job. If they are on different sub teams then they will focus more time on completing the work there. Yes, not every hacker gets dealt with, even when requested to in staff request. However, be thankful and appreciative for the ones that do.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  8. I don't have evidence of this happening as I feel like it'd never go anywhere.
    On the topic of reporting staff, let me tell you a little story of the time -snip- used staff powers to get an enderchest for her clan (something you can't do). I decide to report her for this, but can't see more than the enderchest particles through the wall. I get onto clans request and try to get some staff member on to confirm that there shouldn't be an enderchest there and that there is an enderchest there. My favorite mod of all time (-snip-) arrives, and promptly destroys the enderchest, therefore "fixing" the problem. I'm kinda ticked of at him for destroying the evidence, and he says that he'll write a report for me on -snip-. I'm not to happy with this as they're close to each other, (It was -snip- and -snip- who were flirting in the clans request com) and -snip- could easily put a different spin on what had happened. We end up arguing a bit, to which I'm then perm banned from clans for using a VPN, (this was not on the forums at the time and I'd been told by staff that it was not punishable to use a VPN) kicked from staff request, and banned from clans request, so that I can't contact anyone about how I was randomly banned for a rule that wasn't out yet.
    So you'll have to see why I tend to dislike staff and things being hidden from the playerbase.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  9. Alright I'm calling BS on this one. I got false GWENNED for 90 days on clans, and appealed my ban twice. The first time, it was denied due to lack of evidence, so I contacted the forum ninja and asked how I was supposed to have evidence when I don't record 24/7. They said the only way I'd get my ban lifted is if I had proof that I was innocent. They said I shouldn't contact them or other staff without proof.
    I wait another 30 days, then appeal again. This time, I made a full re-enactment of the event in singleplayer to show how it most likely wasn't me hacking on a naked trapped in my moat. Denied. At this point, I decided to take things into my own hands since the "correct way" of doing things wasn't working. Since I had a VPN, I decided to use that and an alt to play on clans. I wasn't technically blacklist evading as I was on a separate IP, and wasn't violating anything else as the VPN ban wasn't in place. This all went fine until Flaym perm blacklisted me for using a VPN (something that wasn't ban able at the time). I ended up talking with Grandpa, who out of the blue, unbanned my main account, because apparently he could just figure out I was innocent without evidence.
    To top it all off, he said that I should have gone to him before blacklist evading, which was never implied anywhere in the appeal guidelines or by staff.
    No. This seems like you want to be able to false ban "hackers" for rules they don't know about. The rules shouldn't be vague in order to let staff interpret who's breaking them. They should be concrete rules, so that people know what to do and what not to do. "Hackers" like me should know that VPN's are ban able before they get banned for using one.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  10. @LordOfTeeth in terms of a GWEN ban QA determine whether or not it is sufficient and once they inform Forum Ninja's of their decision the only thing we can do is take it to the QA superiors for re-evaluation. As for Clans blacklist appeals, this has nothing to do with forum ninjas so I can't comment on them.

If you do feel your GWEN appeal was miss handled you are free to message any FN or QA member and they should be able to offer you some more advice.

If you do have any more questions please feel free to message me

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  11. I know what you mean!

Posted Apr 1, 2020
  12. As a player myself I would like to emphasize that although staff request or report may be the quickest, it's never as accurate as an official report submitted through the support hub.

If that player stops cheating once a staff member joins then it wastes everyone's time. People complaining in chat about cheaters is not a valid form of evidence. That being said, I would suggest to all players that they record the player cheating first and then attempt to use staff request or report. If a staff member is available they'll come and punish the player should they find any rules that they are breaking. If not, which is understandable because staff request is voluntary for staff to be in and they are also part of sub teams that make your gameplay better, then you can simply submit a report using the official method to do so.

So far, the response to my reports have been quite fast. Perhaps there may be the occasional times where you will need some patience, but at the end of the day the player will still get punished.

Also, an encounter with one staff member doesn't mean you can generalise the whole staff team to be "trash". That's not fair on the staff team. They voluntarily applied to become staff and receiving hatred is the last thing they'd want. Be mindful of this because a lot of work is always done behind the scenes as emphasised many times by other people here.

Just my thoughts. ;)

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    Dorks and WowCaleb like this.
  13. Hiya,

I've had great interactions with mods, its required to record the hacking to add to evidence for them to ban for something they didn't see. The only time I have been rejected was because I miselpt the hacker name. Yes hacking has gone up since quarantine, but i fell its also our job to report them if we want a better server experience.

THANKS

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  14. I mean we shouldn't all have to deal with hackers, both staff and players. Forcing players to record because there isn't enough staff wastes just as much time as staff that are outnumbered by the hackers. In the end, it doesn't really matter if your report is accepted or staff is called in time, because there will always be another hacker, or another alt. The only way of dealing with our hacking problem (aside from implementing a competent VPN blocker and IP banning) is to get an actual anti-cheat dev to use the might of the machine to stop the hackers from ruining games and wasting time.

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    Dorks likes this.
  15. I will say I wish GWEN would not kick a player and let them back in another game, a hacker was kicked by gwen but was in a game with the hacker shortly after. This hacker was flying around eating the cakes, and was only flying enough not to set off the anti cheat but got pushed hard by fully geared team and flew to much. I'm guessing they had a VPN and gwen couldn't figure out how to ban, and that is where a real person would be much better or different programming for gwen.

Posted Apr 1, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 1, 2020
  16. VPN's don't stop people from getting banned, it just changes your IP address so you can avoid getting IP banned. The issue with GWEN banning for flight now, is that there are multiple instances (in clans mainly) for people getting kicked for legit things. I've been kicked maybe three or four times a row jumping out of spawn, and people get kicked when they do raid parkour wrong. Back when GWEN did ban for flying, I got perm banned jumping of a high tower.

Posted Apr 2, 2020