• 3266 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 15461 Players Online
  • 12195 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Staff Problems

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Taxaceous, Mar 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I don't know if this is just my experience, but from what I've seen, the majority of staff do nothing helpful on the server. I can forgive Trainee's, because, well, they're Trainees, they don't have much power in terms of banning or muting, but I've been appalled by the amount of hackers and by-passers on the server as of recent. I report probably around 30 people a day and the majority of reports come out as "No reason specified" or "Wrong category" and I put a line of information. For example, "/report 6969noobslayer420 By-passing 'insert message here'" and it'll be denied. I do give credit to a couple mods that are constantly working hard to work on the server. They mute and ban hundreds of players a day. But the other 90% are in the lobby flirting with e-girls, or in an event. I don't know if I'm just being hard, but I'll see reports flagged about an hour and a half later the majority of the time. In comparison, the largest Minecraft server- whose name shall not be shared- has reports answered in under 5 minutes, and they have 10x the player base. What's the ruckus?

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    x_xLevix_x likes this.
  2. Hi Taxaceous,

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with the state of Mineplex's staff team. As an ex-Moderator, allow me to chime in to provide some insight on these issues you're facing.

First of all, our network's Reports Patrol team adheres to very strict procedures when it comes to processing user reports. If your report was denied, it was likely found to be in violation of the staff team's report criteria. If you'd like more information on how to improve your reports and ensure they are dealt with appropriately, I'd highly recommend you visit our network's Official Player Reporting guide.

Additionally, if you ever witness a member of our Moderation team exhibiting poor conduct, I would highly encourage you to contact a member of our network's Staff Management team. I can assure you all Mineplex network staff members are held to a high standard of conduct, and our Administration and Leadership teams take staff conduct very seriously.

Unfortunately, neither myself nor any member of Mineplex's staff team can speak to the nature of any other network's moderation proceedings. If you have any further questions on the matter, I would highly encourage you to reach out to myself or any member of Mineplex's Staff Management team.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    xGetRekted, MC_Minium, lotix and 6 others like this.
  3. Hi!

First, you shouldn't expect staff members to get on, and all they do that day is wait for incoming reports to go hunt down rule breakers. Staff can play the minigames in Mineplex, walk around in lobbies, play in events, etc, as they are people too. They don't have to be dedicated to reports and other stuff related to punishing players.

For your reports, the reports can be denied for those reasons you listed, and other reasons. You also don't have to do /report to report rule breakers. You can gather evidence and report players here, and you can read the report guide found here. That would mean they can view the evidence you provided, and determine if they should be punished for their actions. This would also mean that if staff don't get to your report (when doing /report) they can still see what they did.

Have a good day/night!

Posted Mar 28, 2020
  4. I mean you may be reporting people and I can understand your complaints. But when I ask for a staff members help they usually always respond. If you're reporting people and the staff member is not respond make a report clicking here. Now you have to understand that staff are busy helping out people in the lobby and in events. I don't really see staff members "flirting" a lot but maybe they do as you say. Moral of this is if you see someone hacking and staff doesn't tp or help with the situation in that given moment. Take a recording of the hacker and make a report on it where staff will accept it.

Have a good day!

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Dorks likes this.
  5. It is a really bad assumption to assume the majority of the staff team doesn't care about the server. From personal experiences, a lot of the staff members are on Lobby-1 and actually preventing such violations from happening.I understand what you are going at with the hanging out egirls situation, especially since I have Labymod voice chat, but staff should be expected to have high expectations for being good role models in the server. Even if staff might make mistakes, it is normal. Everyone makes mistakes, and no one is ever perfect. I was at Lobby-1 with OneThousand and the others, and they were trying to build something cool on the hill. I completely understand your logic with all of this, but putting it on a majority of the staff team is not the right thing to do. There are many staff members that deserve recognition for the amount of time they probably commit voluntarily to moderate the server.

I somewhat agree with how complicated the /report system is for the staff team, I personally like to do forum reports so that staff don't have to look at the report instantly. Forum reports in my opinion is more useful than /report because you can't guarantee that a staff member will be analyzing your /report . Especially considering how late I make reports sometimes, I prefer to use www.mineplex.com/reports so that the staff can respond back in the morning. It's a smaller player base on Mineplex, so it's not surprising that reports are being responded less often. I am sorry if staff aren't responding to your reports on time, but I think the reports patrol team does a good job

I think there a lot of problems within this server, but the staff team, at least from my experiences, seem to do a lot for the server. Even if they aren't moderating the server, they could be making the community happier by building stuff in the lobby. There are always people that might be doing bad things, but that shouldn't represent the majority of the group. Hope I gave good recognition to those that deserve a lot of attention in the staff team.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  6. Hey!

Staff aren't really as bad as you claim them to be in your post.
    Really? They're allowed to socialize. They don't have to be working on reports 24/7. They can hang out in lobby-1 and we players are in no position to judge them for doing so. If you feel like you're not being fully viewed for your reports in-game, report them on the forums, with the link that most people above have correctly gave you. You can't really criticize staff for hanging out in lobbies from time to time. The application doesn't force the applicant to agree to be on reports 24/7 and on the contrary, gives them time to hang around and overall have fun on the server, instead of giving to reports every single second of the day. You're making staff sound substantially more negative, whilst they do their job properly (most of them).

Think about it, if we didn't have staff, the server would be infested with hackers and cheaters, and we aren't in a position to complain about a mere 30-a-day for the vast playerbase mineplex has.
    Regards,
    Sacred

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  7. Staff are great Its hard to be staff it’s not easy you can’t say they have problems if you never was staff
    There a lot problems they try fix and they good and without this great staff mineplex crush

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  8. I would like to say that I completely disagree with you, for my time on mineplex, whenever I went on lobby 1 and there was an online staff member, I would call them to come and help me if there was a cheater in my game and they would come almost instantly, maybe the ones you met were just busy or something, there's always two sides to every story so try and look at it from their perspective, they're volunteers that dedicate their limited time to the server and really should be appreciated more, nobody can be on multiple places at the same time, thank you for your contribution though, I really like to hear other people's opinions and try to see what they feel like.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Glamourized and nadav1112 like this.
  9. Don’t forgot staff request

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Calverin likes this.
  10. Exactly, if you haven't already, join the staff request community and I'm almost certain there will always be someone online to assist you, thank you.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Calverin likes this.
  11. I like the idea of the staff problem

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  12. Hey!

Just some perspective from someone who has worked as a staff member elsewhere because this can apply to most servers. Staff will generally do a lot more then what's visible to the eye as we cannot actually see their screen and what they're doing at any given moment. Players are not able to see what commands they're typing or how they're evaluating a situation unless it affects the player directly, even then nobody else can see that unless the player openly broadcasts it. The fact they're so interactive is a way of helping the community as it establishes a good relationship with players which is unbelievably important as people will be more willing to come to them and ask them questions. Barely anyone will ask a person who is intimidating and cold for help.

With the recent influx of players since the COVID-19 outbreak, there are more things to deal with on a regular basis. There tons of rule-breakers and only so many staff members on at the specific time of the day. It's unreasonable to expect someone to be on every server at each point of the day. They follow certain procedures when it comes to reports and it is very specific (check the guide for reference). They want a lot of detail and evidence must be a certain format.

Staff are allowed to play games, socialize and joke around. They're human just like anybody else. If they weren't doing their job they would've been demoted by now. They can't afford staff that genuinely don't do anything. If they're in Events, that actually isn't a bad thing because events have large amounts of players on them and they need to be watched/kept under control.

Staff specifically join reports subteam and are assigned and evaluate reports. So not every staff member is a part of this process. Those who also have lives and cannot get on 24/7. From my experience, I've always gotten quick responses from staff when I've asked. Just because the outcome isn't what I had hoped doesn't mean they aren't trying, because they really are. Even if a report response isn't as quick as we'd like, it still gets dealt with. We can't expect perfection and snap responses, especially when some of these people are still relatively young and have school and all that sort of stuff to deal with. Hope that makes sense.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  13. [​IMG]

As a community member, you don’t quite get to see what we actually do so to say we do «nothing » is extremely problematic as it’s simply not true.

im sorry that you’ve been running into hackers on the server. If anything we’re all dealing with this and I know all our staff including my own mentees put in a lot of work to try and make your experience on the server fun and enjoyable. We, being the moderation staff, have no jurisdiction over big decisions on how to combat the « hacker problem ». Truth be told, Trainees do a lot of work and it’s problematic to say they don’t do anything either.

Doing the /report command correctly will only help us to process your report. We look for accuracy and when reports aren’t filled out properly (I.e putting the right punishment category) we’re put in a hard place to actually do much about it. If you read our monthly newsletter, you would know staff (Mods+) process usually anywhere from 7000-10000 in game reports a month. That doesn’t count the forum reports that our RP/RPA/RPC do every month as well.

regarding the last part of your comment, staff members are volunteers who are taking time out of their own personal lives to help make YOUR experience on the server fun. We do not force our volunteer staff to do anything they don’t want to do that day. They are helping us for free, we need to be appreciative of that.

Being a staff member is more than just banning people. It’s also about interacting with the community and being visible in casual settings. So when they are talking with people in lobbies or attending events, they are doing their jobs

Please try to avoid making any assumptions about the staff team before actually knowing what we do. If you have a specific complaint about a specific staff member (trainees or mods) you can always message me or someone on the staff management team as well as submit a support ticket with your complaint.

Posted Mar 29, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 30, 2020
    Infui, xSalted, Look_Dan and 32 others like this.
  14. Hi,

I do understand your frustration with the number of rule-breakers however it is important to note that a lot of staff members don't just ban hackers and a lot of us have other duties to do. The forum ninja teams is a good example because the majority of players don't see what we do at any point unless they appeal. We process hundreds of appeals every week and we do this to make sure that everyone is banned fairly and that they can get the help they need if they do need support.

Almost every staff member is a volunteer so have time limits for how long they can dedicate to the server and for SR Mod who have a lot of other work to do for the team they don't tend to have time to go onto the server. This does not mean that they are not doing vitally important work. For example without QA bugs wouldn't be forwarded to the dev team and as such wouldn't get fixed, without the recruitment team we wouldn't have staff without the StM team these staff wouldn't have anyone mentoring them.

Every staff member dedicates a large amount of time to the server and works incredibly hard to ensure the user experience is as enjoyable as possible.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  15. Hi,

First off, I'd like to say the staff do a lot of helpful things on the server, I can say that on behalf of myself and the rest of them because I witness it first hand. Our jobs aren't just to moderate the server. We have other duties. I'm unsure if your reports are sufficient or if you're reporting these players at the correct time, but a majority of the time, these reports are normally sufficient and we tend to not mark them as denied if they're obviously correct. I do think you're being a little too hard on us. Compared to the other server you mentioned, they also have more staff members for their community so it balances out. It'll be impossible for us to be fully functioning as a staff team because of the position we're in as a server and it's also not needed for all of us to be around 24/7. We can't get it all done, we can't be perfect, and we also can't satisfy everyone.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Infui, xGetRekted and Mitsoko like this.
  16. Yeah so my issue with this is exactly the case. We don't see or know half of what goes on in the server, despite the fact that it effects players greatly.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  17. Things that happen behind the scenes stay that way for good reason. There are several members of the Mineplex Staff team that contribute to it every single day and go unnoticed- every ounce of work that staff members put in to the server contributes to making it better and better.

As an example, Community Management(specifically, Feedback Collectors) offers a multitude of opportunities for the community to voice their opinion. The most recent in-game poll is a great example, they've asked for the community to offer their stance on what is most important. As well as that, many feedback channels have been created on the Mineplex discord for the exact purpose of collecting community feedback on these updates. What needs to be changed is discussed and addressed- there is constant productive discussion about a multitude of different things both there and behind the scenes.

Everyone on the Mineplex staff team has their own reservations about the server and tries to influence it in their own separate ways. Staff members that frequently spend time in the public eye, especially through StaffRequest deserve a lot of credit- this work is repetitive and difficult, however moderating the server merely makes a dent in what needs to be done.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  18. Thanks for the replies everyone. I've read through all of them and I now understand what you all mean. I'm sorry for putting the staff team down, they do a lot more work than I realized. Good day!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 30, 2020
  19. Okay, but your forgetting that your job isn’t to look into every crevasse of Mineplex and what we’re doing as a staff team. Some stuff is confidential for the better of the server and it’s players privacy. Our job as staff is to ensure that your experience while on the server is going as smoothly as possible. All you have to do as a player is just sit back and have a good time. Play games, interact, etc. The idea that members of the community need to look into everything the staff team is doing to make the server good, just because they play on the server as well is silly. I’ll try and sum it up: with all due respect, it’s not really your job as a community member to look into all the things that the staff team does for the simple reason of, you don’t need to.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  20. There are so many good responses and other staff members replying to this thread which touches on most of what I wanted to say, but here's some other stuff I wanted to add:

First off, if we showed you all the bans, punishments, warnings, reports accepted, appeals handled, mistakes made in the background that would only be uncovering about 60% of staff work, way more goes on than just this for example online Trello work, testings, the development behind the scenes, slack conversations, discord moderation and forums moderation. If we give you access to see this, it will likely envoke harassment to a player for getting punished, or it will give hackers a way to loophole the rules as they know closely how we enforce them. This is exactly why /ph is confidential and whenever you see a hacker banned we'll say "Dealt with" as we are not allowed to tell you about other people's histories. If we allow these two things to happen we will simply counter all of the staff's other good work and this is just a bad idea.

Secondly, I wanted to touch on the fact that not all work is ingame. For example, my work is extremely online-based, all of my RP reports are handled on here, all of my forums work obviously is online as well as some ideas work and a lot of MA work being online. I'm on lots of sheets and different documents as well as doing things like observations to help staff members improve. Myself and other MAs for example (and obviously StM) do this to indirectly influence your experience by making the staff team better as well as assisting the ones that are struggling and also encouraging people!

We need help from you as a community in all instances. On a server with 5k players at times you have no idea how stressful it is to moderate, handling reports is a constant stream and there are about 30 blatant hackers online at one time and they just keep coming back. I'm tired of people saying "why didn't you come earlier" or "you're not doing a good job" (which are literal quotes of what I have been told in the past week). I've had some lovely players already helping us out by saying "You're appreciated, thank you for the work" in /a and being grateful after I deal with a hacker that they reported.

I hope that this response somewhat cleared up my concerns and also ensured you that staff are doing good work (even when we're in Staff-1!) but that what the community says can really affect some staff members, we're unpaid volunteers dedicating hours of our time each week to help this server get better and offer a fun platform for people to play on.

Thank you.​

Posted Mar 30, 2020