• 3034 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11472 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Staff Member Taunts

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Dezzy, Jun 14, 2019.

?

Should they add this for Staff Members?

1. Yess

33.3%
  2. No, not a good idea

66.7%
  1. I was scrolling around on the forums then I saw a recent post about a new Taunt about the Avengers/Thanos. I loved that idea then it got me thinking. Staff members have been apart of Mineplex for a really long time. Don't you think staff members deserve their own taunt? Staff members is the best thing anybody could meet. They're super nice and sweet to everybody. They sometimes answer to reports and everything everyday! So I think they deserve their own taunt to share on the server. But I think there should be different taunts for each staff tag.

Trainee:
    Name: Choo Choo!
    Color: Orange
    Design: Be just like the emoji taunt but the outline of a Train!

Mod:
    Name: Ban Hammer
    Color: Yellow & Orange
    Design: Yellow & Orange Firework then chat saying " [Player] has thrown the Ban Hammer, don't be next."

Sr. Mod:
    Name: Magic Carpet
    Color: Blue, Red, Green, Yellow
    Design: The colors in a striped line. Appears under the player using taunt then saying "I can show you the world!"

Admin & Leader:
    Name:
    Color: Red/Shrug Emoji above head
    Design: ^ That but in chat says "How did [player] get Admin? I don't know" or for Leader "Community: Oh it's a leader! Leader: Oh I am.."

Owner:
    Name: Darth Vader v Luke Skywalker
    Color: Green & White
    Design: Add Green on top, white on bottom tilted light saber emoji above head then in chat says "[Player], I am your father."

Developer:
    Name: Fixer Upper
    Design: Saying in chat "I can fix it... but GWEN is mean."

Builder:
    Name: Bob the builder
    Color: Brownish
    Design: Brownish color makes a block and chat says "I Can Build It!"

It was hard thinking about some of them but if it needs a tweaking it's cool! But tell me what you think of these taunts or staff members! They've done so much for us just to have a really good experience. We should thank them by this...

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    1603, Nat and xJon like this.
  2. At first I thought this was a good idea, but after reading through it again, I decided it wouldn't be such a good idea. This is because of these reasons;

1. The incentive to apply for staff may just be to flex the new taunt. Whilst this is highly unlikely, players who have maxed out all cosmetics that want to get all taunts etc may be obliged to apply for staff to achieve the premium cosmetics.

2. Showing the premium taunt will allow players to target these members in game. Therefore they will be targeted throughout, making their gaming experience less fun.

3. They already have special titles. These determine what rank they are already, and I think that it's already a necessary way of showing a premium cosmetic. I don't think taunts are needed to do this.

Again, a great idea, but after weighing up the conclusion, I vote -1 on this. Sorry!

-brrbrrdeng

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    NoMoreNoodles, Nat and Dezzy like this.
  3. Yo!

Even though I think adding this would be a really cool feature, I don't think it is completely necessary. Staff members already get a special particle and titles for each staff role (Trainee, Moderator, Sr. Mod, etc.), so I don't see us adding a new cosmetic for them. Also, I really like the taunts you came up with! The pop cultural reference ones are nice, but I think yours are better since they are unique! Overall, I think it is a neat idea, but I don't see us adding this in the future because staff members already have exclusive cosmetics and I don't see us implementing anymore.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    Dezzy and Nat like this.
  4. I think this is a pretty cool idea, and if it were to be implemented, you created the perfect taunts.
    I don't see a use for this because there are achievements that are unobtainable, map glitches that need fixing.. etc. that need to be worked on. Perhaps this would be implemented if it weren't for the current problems! I would love to see a staff member weigh in on this to see it from another perspective.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    Dezzy likes this.
  5. I appreciate the idea, but I'd have to disagree with it. It can be fun for the staff members to use their taunts; it can be enjoyable for the players in the lobby. I don't see the reason why we need it on the server. Personally, I'd use taunt sometimes when I'm in the game. Overall, the idea looks great, but I don't think it'll happen in the future. -1

Posted Jun 15, 2019
    Dezzy likes this.
  6. Staff members already have their own particles and i feel like thats enough for them. (they also have their own titles)

if this would be approved eitherway then there would be huge outrage from community due to fact that staff members would get these cool taunts while other woulnt.

Posted Jun 15, 2019
  7. I think the idea is cute, but staff already have their exclusive titles and particles. I'd rather see more cosmetics added for everyone as there hasn't been a cosmetic update outside of events for a while now, and I'd really like some new things to collect. Maybe some of your ideas could be repurposed for a general cosmetic update, but as for staff exclusive taunts, it's going to be a no from me.

Posted Jun 15, 2019
  8. Hello, hello!

The staff member ranks have never received much cosmetic compensation for their duties, and while this may seem like a fun little addition at first glance, I'm not sure an update like this would be in the best interests of our team or the community. Historically, our staff receive their ranks to execute their servant leadership duties of moderating the network; this feels like a break from that, incentivizing staff work and potentially misguided applications with these cosmetics.

Personally, for the reasons above, I can't approve of this neat idea you have.

Posted Jun 15, 2019
  9. I REALLY love this idea, but probably making everything equal to the players is more necessary. I mean, I really do appreciate what you think would make staff better, but we are already at best, just as the players are too, equally! I feel that true equality is a kind enough way to put it!
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Posted Jun 15, 2019
  10. I don't think this would be the best way to go with staff members. Staff members already receive a Particle Effect and a Title representing their rank, with Choo Choo being for Trainee, My Name Isn't Mod for Moderators, and My Team's the Best Team for Senior Moderators. I think these are enough of a cosmetic benefit for staff members alone, and I think adding more wouldn't make things as fair for community members.

With giving staff members a bunch of special cosmetics, some would apply for Trainee just to unlock those cosmetics, which would be applying for the wrong reason. In the end, there would be a lot of players hungry for all of the cosmetics and apply for a staff position just to get them.

I love the work you've put into these cosmetics, but I'll be giving this a -1

Posted Jun 15, 2019
    NuzzyHere likes this.
  11. In my opinion, Sr. Mod+ should get a taunt.

To be honest, if Trainees, Builders and Mods have been given those, it would make chaos as some Staff members is pretty new to the rank, and will intentionally or unintentionally flex.

Posted Jun 15, 2019
  12. Heya

I personally really like the idea and I think it should be implemented onto the server at some point.

I really like the idea you have for the Mod taunt! I find it funny and I can imagine using it in-game. All of them are good, but the Mod one just stood out! There’s no bias, but Mod is best :p For the Sr.Mod taunt though I have a suggestion because the Aladdin reference seems quite irrelevant to what Sr.Mods actually are and do. Maybe it could be similar to the Sr.Mod title— “My team is the best team” in the same colours you suggested but in a more pleasing order. Red, Yellow, Green and then Blue.

I have seen the argument that players might apply for Staff purely for the taunt... However, some players also only apply for Staff because of the exclusive rank, the titles we get and also the particles; so I don’t think that’s really a main issue. None of these applicants are ever successful anyway, so if that’s their only reason behind wanting to join the Staff team they’d never join. Simple as that.

I have also seen the fact it isn’t completely necessary due to the other perks Staff members get. I agree with this 100%, but just because it’s unnecessary doesn’t mean it should be added. Obviously, it would just have to be very far down in the Devs’ to-do-list as their are more important things for them to be getting on with.

Great idea, and despite knowing this will probably never be added... +1 from me:)

Posted Jun 15, 2019
  13. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 15, 2019