• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4763 Players Online
  • 4763 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Official Staff Management (StM) Introduction

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by Toki, Aug 31, 2022.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

An Introduction To
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[Document re-created & posted August 31st 2022 by @Mitsoko]

Staff Management, also known as ‘StM’, is a Senior Moderator team here at Mineplex! As the name suggests, Staff Management works closely with our Trainee and Moderator divisions of our staff team. This team manages everything from mentoring Trainees throughout their trials, pushing them to hopefully become promoted as Moderators, and working with them to become better Moderators.

[​IMG]

Mentoring

Upon being promoted to the staff team, the Trainee will be assigned a mentor. This mentor, who is assigned from similar time zones, interests, etc, will help guide the trainee and show them the ropes as to how staff members operate. The mentoring team will work closely with them and help assist in a way that fits them and their learning needs. Question of the Days, lessons on how to correctly punish, and learning how to manage time are all things that Trainees will come across in this two-month time frame. Many meetings, pointers, and evaluations will be given to Trainees throughout their two-month trial, all to help and assist them to become an optimal staff member.

After completing their Trainee trial, they may be decided to be promoted to a Moderator. They will either keep the same or change mentors once the Trainee is promoted, but they will still help them in the same way. Every Mod experience is different, but they may encounter things from Questions of the Weeks to individual exams, all to improve their moderation skills. Just like with Trainees, mentors will work to help shape and support the Moderators that they are assigned to.

This will be daily work, but mentors, as well as the StM team as a whole, have different events and opportunities to have fun! If a staff member has any issues, their mentor or mentor assistant are always willing to lend a helping hand.

[​IMG]

Trials

The Staff Management Trials team is a division that, alongside mentors, will evaluate you after reaching important points in a staff member's journey : the first and second months from being promoted to Trainee and their first month from being promoted to Moderator.

As with every Trainee, there is a Middle of Trial exam, otherwise known as the MOT, and the End of Trial exam, known as the EOT. For Moderators, there is an exam at the end of your focused mentoring period, known as the Mod exam. All of these exams are specifically knowledge-based and includes a variety of questions to see how much a Trainee knows. The MOT exam is used as more of a mile marker in the trial to see how much the Trainee has progressed from their initial promotion, and how much more they need to learn. The Trainee and their mentor will be notified on which questions they have gotten incorrect in order to see what specifically they need to learn.

Shortly after two months having been promoted as a Trainee, the EoT will be administered. This is the same sort of exam, but with a little more weight. Rather than being used as a guide, it will be used to decide on a promotion or demotion, among other factors.

The Mod exam is used to help mentors see if a moderator has improved since their EoT and if they have learned the ropes of being a Moderator. If the mentor feels like the moderator needs to learn more, the mentor will continue working with them in focused mentoring until they are ready to take the Mod exam again.

[​IMG]

Documents

Staff Management documents team is comprised of members who create, manage, and keep documents updated for the Staff Management team. All documents (including this one!) are used for the maintenance of information and presenting it in an efficient manner. Recently, the team has been exploring news and innovative ways to automate the maintenance of various Mineplex documents.

[​IMG]

Mentoring Assistance

Mentoring Assistance (MA for short) is a Moderator+ sub-team on Mineplex. Those who are on the team are assigned to work with a specific mentor to help out with things such as data logging for Trainees and Moderators. MAs will join the program, hoping to eventually become mentors themselves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Toki
    Staff Management Admin

Hello! My name is Toki (or Taco), and I've been a member of Staff Management since Moderator Coordination and Trainee Management was merged on May 23rd 2018. Prior to then, I had been on Mod Coord since February 8th 2015! I became the admin residing over Staff Management on September 9th 2018! It has most definitely been a wild ride as I've made so many friends here, mostly through mentoring the moderators I had over the years. I've never seen a more dedicated or inspiring team of people anywhere, and I'm very proud that I get to work alongside friends every day. I work very closely with everyone on my team and love seeing everyone's creativity and passion for their roles. In a more general sense, I enjoy interacting and I try to respond as soon as I possibly can to any staff member so that whatever situation they find themselves in can be resolved very fast. Whatever suggestion, thought, complaint, etc that you have, my door is always open for you to voice those to me, so please feel free to message me whenever! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Outside of Mineplex, I enjoy living life with my husband Llen, and our 4 animals. Our animals consist of 2 dogs, and 2 cats, (all girls). On any typical indoor day I'm usually playing video games, binge watching television, playing with my animals, or doing work for Mineplex. In warmer weather I'll either be swimming, going to the zoo, hanging out with friends, or going to a local park! I can be a bit shy at first due to my struggles with mental health, but once I warm up to someone, I could talk your ear off! I continuously strive for self improvement, and I feel like Mineplex has helped me reach a fair amount of those self improvement goals.. It is my hope that Mineplex can encourage some personal growth of your own on your adventure!

[​IMG]
    BlondieBrook
    Mentor | Documents

Hello my name is Brooklyn but you can call me Brook (literally no one calls me Brooklyn). On mineplex I’m a mentor alongside my mentor assistant Cloudy to my little cookie clan but irl I’m a dental assistant. I’ve been on the mineplex staff team since June 2020 and I’ve been a mentor since November 2021. Somethings about me are I’m 19, I have a cat named dude, and I’m from Canada. My favourite things to do are help pull teeth out and eat snacks. Anyways gamers, make sure to brush and floss.

CloudyDay1234
    | The Cookies Assistant |
    Hello, my name is CloudyDay1234 but you can just call me Cloudy! I’ve been a Mentoring Assistant since February of 2022, a year after joining the staff team and it’s been a goal of mine since the first few months of being a staff member. I currently work with a handful of mentees with the mentor BlondieBrook. My original platform is Bedrock, and I am a level 100 who is passionate about playing various games like Bomb Lobbers, Cake Wars, and Skywars! I also started playing Java back in December of 2021 and cross-platformed as a Java staff member. Outside of Mineplex, I enjoy composing music, focusing in classical-based styles. I also play the piano at a high level, along with the violin and guitar but less frequently. I check Discord and the forums often, so if you have any questions or want to chat, feel free to reach out!

[​IMG]
    Emiliee
    Mentor | Documents

Hi, I’m Emilie! I am currently a college student studying psychology, with a goal of becoming a therapist. I have been on the mineplex staff team on and off for seven years, and I am very glad to be here on staff management. Outside of Minecraft, I also play GTA 5, Animal Crossing, Sims 4, and more. In real life I love skateboarding, making art, and shopping. If you see me around make sure to say hi! Also thejoshxgames is a noob

maevestarbaby
    | The Bunnies Assistant |
    Hi, I'm Maeve! I am a genetics student at university. I'm currently a staff member here on Mineplex and have been since March 2021, but I was also a staff member prior, all the way back in 2017! I joined the server in 2014 and mainly played Survival Games, Skywars, SSM, and Mixed Arcade, but at the moment I'm really enjoying Death Run as well. I've been a Mentoring Assistant since 8th of July 2022 and really love all I do. My favourite thing about Staff Management is probably going through Staff Reports, but what I also love is meeting new mentees and lending them a helping and friendly hand along their moderating experience here. I've met wonderful people on the network and I want to give that experience back to someone else. I like to consider myself a really open person so if you'd like to ever hit me up to talk, feel free!

Outside of Mineplex, I'm quite outgoing so you will always see me out with my friends and capturing every moment - I love taking photos, videos, and trying new things every day. I love going on walks, traveling, and going on mini adventures with all my close friends but there are also plenty of times my social battery is super drained so all I'm down for is chilling at home and playing video games. I particularly enjoy spooky games as well as citybuilders. Another past time of mine is drawing and making art, although I've quite a love-hate relationship with it. You may have seen some of my work around on the forums, but I really like digital art and pixel art. Finally, I'm a big fan of anime and manga even though I'm extremely slow at getting through it, and my favourite genres are horror, dark, and romance. If you have any recommendations, send them my way!

[​IMG]
    Mitsoko
    Mentor | Documents | Mentoring Assistance Manager

Hiii, my name is Natalie, but you can call me Nat, I have been a member of the Mineplex Staff team since March 2020. A little bit after my promotion to Moderator I joined Mentoring Assistance in August 2020 and it was the best decision I made. During my time here I have met so many awesome people and some amazing friends. Not only do I get to work with some really great people, I get to work with my mentees which in my opinion is the best part about Staff Management! Being able to follow a staff members journey is truly a great feeling and very rewarding. Anyways, other then moderating, when I am online you can catch me playing Bridges, Skywars, Cakewars or even Death run! If you ever have any questions or just wanna say hi, feel free!

Outside of Mineplex you can catch me either working, hanging with friends or my boyfriend, or binge watching some show, probably Greys Anatomy though LOL. Next semester I will be starting college and I hope to major in Animation and make some cool games in the future! Some other things I love are traveling, building computers, drawing, playing games, listening to music and doing new things! I also enjoy watching anime and reading manga, so if you have any recommendations let me know!! My DMs are always open so feel free to reach out! I will probably answer back relatively quick unless I'm sleeping or doing some other stuff!

Kaiven
    | The Bears Assistant |
    Hey y'all, my name is Kaiven, I have been a member of the Mineplex staff team since March, 2020. During that time I got to meet a bunch of wonderful people on the team and eventually got the opportunity to join the MA team and work along side Mitsoko! As a MA I help make sure every Trainee and Moderator has the best experience possible while making sure they are keeping up with their duties. When im gamin' on the plex you can usually find me struggling in Speed Builders, but when I am off the plex I am typically out with my having fun with my friends till some odd hour at night or falling asleep! My messages and DMs are always open so if you ever want to come say hi, don't hesitate :D

[​IMG]
    FairestLordHarry
    Mentor | Documents Manager | Trials Manager

Hey there! My name is Harry and I have been a member of Staff Management for around two years and and a member of the staff team since January 2017. In addition to being on StM, I oversee all of the Reports Patrol subteam and have held that role since June 2020. Outside of Mineplex, I am a very tech-savvy person who has spent a lot of time studying computer science. In my free time, besides playing on Mineplex, I like to code and experiment with various forms of technology. Of course, feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns that I might be able to answer!

TheJoshXGames
    | The Warriors Assistant |
    Hi! I'm Josh! I am a recent college graduate who works in accounting and finance. I have been a member of the Mineplex community since late 2013 and staff member on-and-off since 2014. I am currently a Community Manager, but also, a mentoring assistant for the Warriors! I spend most of my time on Mineplex on Bedrock, even though I started on Java, where I mostly play bomb lobbers and Skywars. Outside of Mineplex I play GTA, Madden, Euro/American Trucking Sim, and Microsoft Flight Sim. I also play Pokemon and Lego Star Wars TSS on my switch (probably logged 100+ hours on The Skywalker Saga). When I actually go outside, I really enjoy fishing, biking, lacrosse, fishing, and swimming.

If you would like to know more about Staff Management mentee distribution, we have a lovely document here that you can take a look at! If you see any errors in this document, please message any member of the documents team.​

Posted Aug 31, 2022
  2. first???!!

anyways this is super cute, I know how hard nat worked on this!! It's always fun to learn more about everyone else on the team <3

also very surprised to see brook has been a mentor since 20201, queen

Posted Aug 31, 2022
    Mitsoko and maevestarbaby like this.
  3. This is so cute! Nice to hear more about my fav staff

wow me and Emiliee said this is so cute at the same time:)

Posted Aug 31, 2022
    Mitsoko and Emiliee like this.
  4. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh awesome job @Mitsoko! I've been bugging STM about updating this for ages ahaha

This is a really awesome document and I can tell you put a ton of effort into it! I love the artistic touch with the names of each mentoring group and the bios below- really well thought out!

Huge shout out to the entire Staff Management team because you guys work super hard and have an extremely important job. Keep up the amazing work, love ya guys \o/

Posted Aug 31, 2022
    Mitsoko likes this.
  5. Love the new style of this document and the sense of having all of these different teams for each mentor. Images are awesome!

Posted Aug 31, 2022
    Mitsoko likes this.
  6. great job nat, the post looks great!

Posted Sep 1, 2022
    Mitsoko likes this.
  7. I'm happy that this thread has finally been updated, and that I had the opportunity to write an introduction for this! I think this is very informative for both community members, aspiring Trainees, and staff members who want to learn more about the different mentors and assistants. I like how the introductions were grouped by the different mentee groups along with the fact that there is cool art to accompany each. Great work Nat!

Posted Sep 1, 2022
    Mitsoko, TheArrowsShadow and Niqhtys like this.
  8. Fantastic job and all the teams look even more amazing like this :)

Keep up doing the fantastic work!

Posted Sep 2, 2022
  9. Cute fun and fresh

Posted Sep 5, 2022
  10. Go Warriors! Go Cookies!

Posted Sep 5, 2022
    BlondieBrook and CloudyDay1234 like this.
  11. THISSSS WOOOOO

Posted Sep 6, 2022
    SpectreSai likes this.
  12. This is bunny erasure!!

Posted Sep 6, 2022
  13. Go Bunny! Go Bears! :eye roll:

Posted Sep 7, 2022
  14. It was really refreshing to see a new aesthetically pleasing and cute introductory thread for our Staff Management Team Members! Nat (@Mitsoko) you did an incredible job piecing this together and I enjoyed the visuals just as much as the individual introductions for each lovely Team Member. I always enjoy reading more about other people on the team because you learn some things that you may have not known before. Very cool and nicely done thread!

P.S. GO BUNNIES! <3

Posted Sep 11, 2022
    Mitsoko, Emiliee and maevestarbaby like this.