• 1134 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10751 Players Online
  • 9617 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Official Staff Management (StM) Introduction

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by Sven, Oct 13, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

An Introduction To
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Staff Management, also known as ‘StM’, is a Senior Moderator team here at Mineplex! As the name suggests, Staff Management works closely with our Trainee and Moderator divisions of our staff team. This team manages everything from mentoring Trainees throughout their trials, pushing them to hopefully become promoted as Moderators, and working with them to become better Moderators.

[​IMG]

Mentoring

Upon being promoted to the staff team, the Trainee will be assigned a mentor. This mentor, who is assigned from similar time zones, interests, etc, will help guide the trainee and show them the ropes as to how staff members operate. The mentoring team will work closely with them and help assist in a way that fits them and their learning needs. Question of the Days, lessons on how to correctly punish, and learning how to manage time are all things that Trainees will come across in this two-month time frame. Many meetings, pointers, and evaluations will be given to Trainees throughout their two-month trial, all to help and assist them to become an optimal staff member.

After completing their Trainee trial, they may be decided to be promoted to a Moderator. They will either keep the same or change mentors once the Trainee is promoted, but they will still help them in the same way. Every Mod experience is different, but they may encounter things from Questions of the Weeks to individual quizzes, all to improve their moderation skills. Just like with Trainees, mentors will work to help shape and support the Moderators that they are assigned to.

This will be daily work, but mentors, as well as the StM team as a whole, have different events and opportunities to have fun! If a staff member has any issues, their mentor or mentor assistant are always willing to lend a helping hand.

[​IMG]

Trials

The Staff Management Trials team is a division that, alongside mentors, will evaluate you after reaching important points in a staff member's journey : the first and second months from being promoted to Trainee and their first month from being promoted to Moderator.

As with every Trainee, there is a Middle of Trial test, otherwise known as the MOT, and the End of Trial Test, known as the EOT. For Moderators, there is a quiz at the end of your focused mentoring period, known as the Mod quiz. All of these tests are specifically knowledge-based and includes a variety of questions to see how much a Trainee knows. The MOT test is used as more of a mile marker in the trial to see how much the Trainee has progressed from their initial promotion, and how much more they need to learn. The Trainee and their mentor will be notified on which questions they have gotten incorrect in order to see what specifically they need to learn.

Shortly after two months having been promoted as a Trainee, the EoT will be administered. This is the same sort of test, but with a little more weight. Rather than being used as a guide, it will be used to decide on a promotion or demotion, among other factors.

The Mod quiz is used to help mentors see if a moderator has improved since their EoT and if they have learned the ropes of being a Moderator. If the mentor feels like the moderator needs to learn more, the mentor will continue working with them in focused mentoring until they are ready to take the Mod quiz again.

[​IMG]

Documents

Staff Management documents team is comprised of members who create, manage, and keep documents updated for the Staff Management team. All documents (including this one!) are used for the maintenance of information and presenting it in an efficient manner. Recently, the team has been exploring news and innovative ways to automate the maintenance of various Mineplex documents.

[​IMG]

Mentoring Assistance

Mentoring Assistance (MA for short) is a Moderator+ sub-team on Mineplex. Those who are on the team are assigned to work with a specific mentor to help out with things such as data logging for Trainees and Moderators. MAs will join the program, hoping to eventually become mentors themselves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Toki
    Staff Management Admin

Hello! My name is Toki (or Taco), and I've been a member of Staff Management since Moderator Coordination and Trainee Management was merged on May 23rd 2018. Prior to then, I had been on Mod Coord since February 8th 2015! I became the admin residing over Staff Management on September 9th 2018! It has most definitely been a wild ride as I've made so many friends here, mostly through mentoring the moderators I had over the years. I've never seen a more dedicated or inspiring team of people anywhere, and I'm very proud that I get to work alongside friends every day. Unfortunately, I had to stop mentoring for the time being due to time restraints with my new duties, however I may one day step in to fill roles temporarily if needed. With my managers Sven and Dulciloquy; we work together to make sure that the Mentoring and the Mentoring Assistant teams are running smoothly and that they're enjoying their roles. In the Trials division, I work with Look_Dan to continuously improve on the variety of quizzes that we expect Trainees and Moderators to take. Within the Documents division, I work with HuskieALS to ensure that our documents are up to date and to brainstorm ideas for improvements or even new documents. In a more general sense, I enjoy interacting and I try to respond as soon as I possibly can to any staff member so that whatever situation they find themselves in can be resolved very fast. Whatever suggestion, thought, complaint, etc that you have, my door is always open for you to voice those to me, so please feel free to message me whenever!

Outside of Mineplex, I enjoy living life with my husband Llen, and our 4 animals. Our animals consist of 2 dogs, and 2 cats, though they're all girls. I'm usually playing video games, binge watching television, playing with my animals, or working for Mineplex. In warmer weather, I like to go out fishing and most of the time I even catch more fish than Llen does! I can be very shy at first due to my struggles with anxiety and depression, but once I warm up to someone, I could talk your ear off! I continuously strive for self improvement, and I feel like Mineplex has helped me to enforce some of those improvements. It is my hope that Mineplex can encourage your own growth on your adventure!

[​IMG]

Dulciloquy
    Mentoring Assistance Manager | Documents | Mentor

Hey hey! I'm Dulciloquy and I have an unnatural affinity with Slack notifications. I joined Mod Coord on July 21st, 2017. I was on that team until Mod Coord merged with Trainee Management to make a new and wonderful team, Staff Management. This change happened in May of 2018, and I've been here ever since! I really enjoy forming strong connections with my mentees and being able to help them learn, improve, and succeed. I mentor both Trainees, Mods, and Reinstatees when I have the chance. Apart from this duty, I also oversee all of our Mentoring Assistants from application until promotion. I only have one bumper sticker, "Tell your dog I said hi", I love the color turquoise, and I'm hoping to become fluent in Spanish soon! Thanks for reading up on me, don't be afraid to say hey!

Assisted by @Loofii

[​IMG]

Look_Dan
    Trials Manager | Mentoring Manager | Mentor

Hey! My name is Ryan and I'm from Canada. My mom's family is English and my dad's family is French which means I speak both languages on a daily basis. When I'm not on Mineplex fulfilling my duties, I'm on Instagram looking at memes or I'm at school where I'm studying business and I'm looking to continue my studies in university where I intend on doing a double major in International Business and Supply Chain Management and a minor in Economics. I love hanging out with my friends and playing volleyball. I have a huge passion for travelling, photography, aviation and architecture. I am pretty much just always looking for an adventure and an experience.

As for my staff journey, I've been on the staff team since June 17th, 2016 and I've been on a variety of teams including Reports Patrol, Reports Patrol Assistance, Community Assistance, Translations (Canadian French), TeamSpeak Staff and Trainee Mentoring Assistance (now Mentoring Assistance). I've also been a Reports Patrol mentor and Recruiter. I've been a mentor since October 6th, 2017. I was a member of Trainee Management before we merged with Mod Coord and became Staff Management. My role as a mentor is to ensure that my mentees are learning new things and to ensure that they're performing to the best of their abilities and most importantly, that they're happy and motivated in their position. I simply enjoy being fairly laid back and I like to treat my mentees more as friends and I like getting to know them.

Aside from mentoring, I am the manager of the Trials division and the mentoring manager. As the Trials manager, I work alongside the Trials members to ensure that everything runs according to schedule and that the process is as smooth and straightforward as possible for the candidates taking the tests. Furthermore, we always look to make sure questions are up to date to reflect updates and changes that Mineplex makes. Our overall goal is to ensure that our staff members have the strongest knowledge possible and the tests we create are there to identify strengths and weaknesses so that mentors can teach their trainees and mods according to their personal needs.

That's pretty much everything about me! I'd say I'm pretty outgoing as I'm super chatty and love meeting new people so feel free to reach out to me if ever you want to chat!

Assisted by @BBoy2003 and @Mitsoko

[​IMG]

Sven
    Documents Manager | Mentor

Heya! My name is Sven and I am the manager of the documents team! Aside from my Mineplex duties, I’m a full time university Masters student studying public policy and administration and work part time in the Canadian government. I’m a pretty busy guy but when I have free time, I love watching Harry Potter and Twilight #TeamEdward and love being outdoors whenever I can. If you see me around, feel free to say hi!

Assisted by @RavenPaw9 and @xUmbreon

[​IMG]

Oscaros_
    Documents | Mentor

Hello! I'm Oscar and I'm from the UK, I'm 15 years old and one of the newest members here on Staff Management. I was promoted to Trainee on the 9th of February 2018 and Staff Management on the 6th of June 2020 - it's been a blast on the staff team since day 1! My hobbies include biking, running, gardening and cooking as well as loving to travel and meet new people & places. My favourite food is BBQ and I love drinking coffee. You'll probably see me around the server or the forums as that's usually where I hang out. Alongside mentoring Trainees & Mods I am also responsible for moderating the forums, collecting up ideas & handling Forum Reports - so if you ever have any concerns regarding that please feel free to DM me!

Assisted by @oCassi

[​IMG]

Ralfie
    Trials | Mentor

Heya! I'm Ralfie and I'm an EU mentor! I've been a mentor since November 17th 2018. There are so many amazing aspects of being a mentor and it's a lovely experience. My favourite part is being able to watch my mentees grow and to be able to help them achieve their goals! However, I really love all aspects of mentoring and Staff Management is an awesome team to be a part of.

When I'm not on Mineplex, I usually spend my time drawing, reading or playing with my pets!

Assisted by N/A

[​IMG]

Twist
    Documents | Mentor

Heyo! I'm Twist, but you can call me Alycia. I'm a college student studying Civil Engineering and looking to most likely pursue a career somewhere on the structural or transportation engineering side of it. Outside of Mineplex and school, I love being with my friends and going on occasional day trips with them. I've been playing on Mineplex since January of 2014, and I've been a staff member since January 20th, 2017. I'm a mentor on Staff Management, where I mentor both Trainees and Moderators and make sure that their experience on the team is enjoyable and successful. I joined Staff Management on August 31st, 2019 after 1 year and 26 days on the Mentoring Assistance team. I've loved every aspect of it so far and I'm excited to be on the team for hopefully years to come!I'm super open to talking to people, so please feel free to message me if you have any questions or if you'd like to talk!

Assisted by @BBoy2003 and @Tilgorn

[​IMG]

FairestLordHarry
    Mentor

Hey there! My name is Harry and I have been a member of Staff Management since August 2nd, 2020 (after being a Mentoring Assistant for a little over six months) and a member of the Mineplex staff team since January 6, 2017. In addition to being a mentor, I also oversee all of the Reports Patrol subteam and have held that role since June 22, 2020. It took a while for me to decide which path I was going to take in terms of joining a Sr. Mod team, but I eventually decided that mentoring was for me and I have enjoyed every moment of being a mentor so far. Outside of Mineplex, I am a very tech-savvy person and am currently studying Computer Science in college and am looking to pursue a career in software security or information technology. In my free time, besides playing on Mineplex, I like to program and experiment with various forms of technology. Of course, if you have any questions or concerns that I might be able to answer, don't hesitate to reach out to me!

Assisted by @Emiliee

If you would like to know more about Staff Management mentee distribution, we have a lovely document here that you can take a look at! If you see any errors in this document, please message any member of the documents team.​

Posted Oct 13, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 10, 2021 at 11:34 PM
    EnderGamer, Glishii, Hubble and 28 others like this.
  2. Time to bookmark another crucial thread!

Posted Oct 13, 2020
    Zyrodiac | Nuclear™ and Hubble like this.
  3. StM has the best skins :happyt3:

Posted Oct 13, 2020
  4. I like the skins! They are fantastic

Posted Oct 13, 2020
    Zyrodiac | Nuclear™ likes this.
  5. ty sven very cool.

Posted Oct 13, 2020
    Zyrodiac | Nuclear™ likes this.
  6. Definitely a team I've always been curious about, and this thread contains a great deal of information that is very helpful in understanding StM! I also like the document attached that gives a greater breakdown on mentors/mentees, always wondering if that information was available. Thank you so much for writing such a detailed thread with great information, it's appreciated!

Posted Oct 13, 2020
  7. Amazing guide, definitely beneficial for those people who had wonders about the Staff Management team and/or people who were curious on a description of a certain Mentor. Thanks so much for making this!

Posted Oct 13, 2020
  8. StM!! Super helpful especially for players who want to get more involved in the mineplex community, Proud to say that I've had a conversation with 5/9 staff here :D

Posted Oct 13, 2020
  9. dont let this distract you from the fact that @Twist is a rat

Posted Oct 13, 2020
    Phamtastic, xUmbreon, anna. and 3 others like this.
  10. Awesome guide that I’m sure the community will find useful!

Posted Oct 13, 2020
    Look_Dan likes this.
  11. A lovely guide and insight into what we do as a team and the members of Staff Management!

Beware, @Toki is like... a massive noob... ​

Posted Oct 13, 2020
    okDamien likes this.
  12. Amazing guide. I will definitely keep this in mind when I want to speak with one of the Staff Management noobs about something. Thanks for that!

Posted Oct 13, 2020
  13. Thanks for the guide, this will hopefully benefit a lot of people :)

Posted Oct 13, 2020
    Ryan9116 likes this.
  14. This guide is very well put together and in general, an amazing group of people <3. I have had the pleasure to at least to talk to most of the staff members on this team and you are all lovely. I think this guide is very helpful for those wondering what STM is more about. Thank you for sharing.

Posted Oct 13, 2020
  15. demoted

Posted Oct 13, 2020
    anna., Sven, xGetRekted and 1 other person like this.
  16. Post of the year - here's your potato!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 15, 2020
    okDamien likes this.
  17. we stan the best team

Posted Oct 15, 2020
  18. Definitely a great guide, nice!

Posted Oct 15, 2020
  19. StM BEST TEAM!!!

Posted Oct 15, 2020
  20. Wowzer, what a lovely guide you have. Staff Management and Mentoring Assistant team are wonderful peoples!

Posted Oct 15, 2020
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.