• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8091 Players Online
  • 5201 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Staff Issues

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ✨Aƚʅαɳɳαƈ✨, Aug 7, 2020.

?

Should this be taken more seriously?

1. Yes, it needs to be taken a lot more seriously.

43 vote(s)
    66.2%
  2. No, its already taken very seriously.

22 vote(s)
    33.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayboi

Jayboi
    x

People have told my friend to hang himself so many times

How is this marked for general rudeness?

Posted Aug 10, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 10, 2020
  2. Oh my god. A staff better be messaging me and him about this because this. Is insane. I’m so sorry it happened to your friend, this is truly terrible and people please <3
    (Non-robots have feelings too!)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 10, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.
  3. I don't get what you mean here. I directly stated that the players are still correctly punished. We are humans dealing with these reports, and since the buttons are right next to each other, we might accidentally click on the incorrect one. However, we will quickly realize that and issue out the according punishment. So no, I'm not joking.

Again, this does not make sense since we are just not in every single server at each moment in time. You do not need to report them if you do not want to, but you also seemed disturbed by the issue. How are we supposed to deal with this issue and help out our community when you do not want to even report them? If you're upset at what you saw without a staff member in there, the only way to get it dealt with is by reporting them.

That's great! If you have the report ID, feel free to send it in to me via a PM and I can check it out a little more. If you lost it, it's always in your chat logs just in case.

If we're not in the lobby (because it is physically impossible for every single lobby to have a staff member in), we need players to report them if they want it dealt with, though they are not required to report the players. However, complaining about the issue without at least attempting to report them does not show that the staff team does not care, but it does show that attempting to go bring up an issue without trying to help solve it is not going to change anything since it is impossible for us to do solo. I am confused as to what you would like us to do. If we watch this happen, we will punish the players. If we are not there, we need a player to report it to us for us to deal with. There is simply not another way for us to punish players if we are not there besides our reporting system.

Staff do care; we put loads of work into this server and want the best for it. We're here to handle these situations if we can directly see it happen and handle reports if we're not there from players. There's just not another way for that to happen.

Posted Aug 10, 2020
    Camull ✩, Eqsa and Paladise like this.
  4. Jayboi

Jayboi
    x

Jacvb I he did /report almost every time. One dude he reported legit told him a few days later to hang himself again

I can tell my friend isn't gonna commit suicide anytime soon.

Posted Aug 10, 2020,
  5. If I was being told death wishes I would /report, do a forum report incase the /report expired, and /ignore that player to make sure it isn't repeated. Perhaps you can do the same to ensure that this player is dealt with and does not threaten anybody else. In addition, you can suggest other ways to combat this issue within this thread like increasing the amount of words in the filter list, bumping up death wishes to a higher severity, etc. Instead of cricitizing the staff team, you could also provide solutions to make sure these actions aren't repeated. One main solution I would like to see implemented is that when staff join a lobby they are able to also see the previous 2 minutes of chat history in that lobby similar to a /chatsnap. Not sure on the details of this idea, but I'm sure the following posts in this thread can help develop and perfect it.

Posted Aug 10, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 10, 2020
  6. There's far too much in the three pages of this thread to address in one post without it turning into a lengthy novel. It's as simple as I don't understand many of the arguments that are brought up. The staff member you contacted was not even a tad wrong when they said that you have to wait after having submitted the /report on the player. As you've been told, we don't get to manually assign ourselves to the reports we end up handling. We process reports when we get to them and when that happens, we will make sure the user is punished accordingly if there's sufficient instances of rule-breaking. By demanding an instant response to your report on the player, you're asking that one staff member files through maybe even hundreds of reports before they get to yours. That's just not fair. When we decide to process, your report will be in there somewhere.

Almost all of our reports will be handled correctly, but I'll humor you. You're skeptical about how we handle reports and once you submit a /report on a player for death wishes, you feel like it's going to be handled incorrectly. You're not expected to save the report ID in case it gets denied when you're not on the server (meaning the notification indicating the outcome of the report will not appear), and for that reason, you submit a forum report too. In that case, if the report is denied, you'll know who denied it. You can then message them asking why it was denied. If you still feel like they handled it incorrectly and their answer wasn't sufficient, you can contact their Reports Patrol mentor or a member of the Rules Committee team. If it was done correctly, they'll relay that information to you. If it was done incorrectly, they'll take it from there. Note this process would happen once in a blue moon. If you have the time to write an entire paragraph about a potential mistake, you surely have the time to go about reporting it correctly.

I think the main thing you need to take away from this is that reports will not be handled sooner or quicker depending on the rule that was broken. We don't pick and choose our /reports, and when we're processing forum reports, we just see a bunch of threads titled "Player Report on [IGN]". None of these thread titles are going to scream urgency and we won't know until we click on that report. Not once in this thread have you empathised with the staff members who have a lot to do yet go to process your reports - whether it's after an hour or six hours, they still took the time to do that for you. Some understanding would go a long way.

The final thing I will say is in relation to the creation of this thread itself. You said that the thread was directed at only a few staff members rather than the entire staff team in general - but does that not render it somewhat unnecessary? Four staff members is four Staff Management mentors (or even fewer if at least two are under the same one), four Admins (again, or even fewer), or one support ticket where you can address everyone and everything. Similar to what I said above, if you have the time to write an entire thread directed at only a few people, you certainly have the time to gather some evidence (if this representation from staff members is as common as you claim) in order to make a ticket or contact a few higherups.

Posted Aug 10, 2020
    Brayyyden, mxry, kznny and 6 others like this.
  7. I agree with you since I reported multyple players and I got a response after 3 days. 3 days!

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  8. Okay seriously. It seems to me like you just accused someone who's been told to kill themselves a hundred times that its his fault 'for not even attempting to report it"

I'm always quick on reporting people. I was literally kidding, because the way you worded the last thing made it sound like we were doing your job for you.

Yes but now with this stated, could you have clicked accept inead of decline? How often does this really happen? Could more then 'a few' reports be wrong? With this is mind theres lots of questions.

Okay okay wait a second. The red x means forum banned, right? If so, why did he get banned for
    this? If im wrong sorry

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 10, 2020,
  9. I agree with @Calebbbb (WowCaleb) . I think that the slandering of the staff members that denied your reports is a little discouraging to them as they are volunteers. When looking at these things their needs to be context added. I have no idea how it was said in-game. Were you playing and going to get absolutely wrecked by another person regardless of what you did? Or what, I guess I don't know. However, I will just mention this as I think this is an important part of gaming.

It's a game. You don't know these people, nor should you really care what they have to say anyways. Have you ever been in in-game lobbies for different games where there isn't moderation? If you haven't, I can tell you the words that are shared amongst those people aren't what I would consider very community friendly. I actually applaud Mineplex for having a big server like this and working hard to make sure that the community standards are as high as they are. I can also imagine that everything that is done is reviewed by multiple people and the appropriate actions are taken. Servers like this tend to have a very strict guideline staff members have to follow and if they aren't followed the staff members could lose their positions. Which none of them want to lose because they have put in countless hours of hard work to get their position.

But that is just my 2 cents.

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  10. xd except some of us do see

would be nice if this meme wasn’t a go to copy paste to brush off issues without taking accountability

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  11. Lmfao true

Thanks for responding <3

OP OP
    xGetRekted likes this.
  12. Yes, users who have the red X next to their names have been forum banned. However, there's many different reasons why users get forum banned, and while we can't disclose that information I can still assure you that it was unrelated whatsoever to this thread.

As for the actual thread, I feel like other staff members have made their thoughts clear on this topic and have said everything I feel like I would have said myself.

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  13. Okay cuz if he got banned for this thread I would be leaving mineplex even tho I absolutely love it here <3

I'm not sure what exactly you mean here

Idgaf what these people say to me. What I care is that they are saying it to other people as well because it's "Funny" to see their reactions.

Yes.

OP OP
  14. Typically, when someone is about to lose in-game PvPing someone or whatever, people will recommend jumping into the void or ending the game so the rest can retry and skip the work of switching from the Hub to the game again.

Don't you think it should be up to the person it is directed at to make the decision to report and not you?

I'd also like to mention that if you think you can do a better job when it comes to dealing with reports such as these and the huge amounts they get. Then apply for staff. Make the change. I think it takes everyone's effort to make sure Mineplex can be the best it can be. Reporting something is one thing, but actually processing the report and following all the guidelines the staff members have to follow is another.

Posted Aug 10, 2020
    kznny likes this.
  15. Look Onion,
    I'm not going to break down your whole thread, because I really don't feel like it. I didn't even read the whole thing, because I didn't need to. If you've been told to kill yourself 35 times in the last 3 months, you've got to ask yourself a couple questions.

1. Why are people telling me to do this? Surely there is a reason why people don't like you. Maybe its because you are too friendly, or you like mods too much, or you keep accusing people of cheats, or maybe you even just don't understand the definition of having fun. I don't think I'm going to believe that people are telling you these things for absolutely no reason.

2.Why have I not improved my actions through chat and in game so that I am not told these things in chat? Maybe Onion, just maybe you're doing things to tick other people off. Are you rushing obsidian in cake wars? Are you being rude in Block Hunt? Are you reporting them every time they say easy or filter bypass in chat? Most people, including myself, don't like people that do that type of stuff. So don't be annoying.

3. Why haven't I quit Minecraft altogether?
    If people are making you feel this way, then why do you still play?

Side note Onion, and I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't reckon you understand what you're talking about. It says in your bio that "Corrupt Staff Members don't exist" which everybody, and I mean everybody knows, that that is the stupidest thing anyone could have ever typed in a bio.

Posted Aug 10, 2020
    Susie likes this.
  16. As stated before- oh wait you didn't read it.
    I didn't know someone being friendly gives you a good excuse to tell them to kill themselves
    LMFAO
    This is the worst thing I've ever read. Maybe you should understand what you're saying before responding.
    Thats fine, I never asked you to. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I'm standing by mine.
    I didn't know there were people who literally make up excuses to tell someone to kill themselves, but I guess that one saying is true, "You learn something new everyday"
    Sorry if I offend you by being nice, but my answer to the last statement, no thank you <3
    You are just hilarious. "I'm not trying to be rude" righttt... You literally just said several times how its my fault people tell me to suicide, and then you come up with excuses as to why its fine. That makes it seem like YOU are some of the people telling the kids to do this. "Because they are too nice, rush obi in cake wars, or just for pure 'fun'"
    Yeahh pretty sure that's not offensive to anyone but alrighttt. If it does offend you, I'm truly sorry my dude

No. The context is very clear the mean in real life.

And if you read my post/comments, I swear it was mentioned somewhere that they DO direct it right at me, and I don't ignore them to protect other people. And besides, whats wrong with helping people out? Any person in their right mind should be willing to report someone for this- whether it was directed at them or not.

I never said I could do a better job then the staff. I don't know where you get that from because it truly wasn't stated anywhere.

OP OP
  17. Flamewar Notice

This thread has become a flamewar. This is a notice that if the thread does not return to the original topic at hand then the thread will have to be locked in accordance with the rules at www.mineplex.com/rules. If you have any questions about this please feel free to message me.

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  18. Hey!

I'm not going to go in-depth on things I've noticed in this thread, as this would take tons of time, I just wanted to contribute to this from my personal viewpoint.

Everybody at the Staff Team who I know and talk to is very hard working. If that's doing /report's, responding to StaffRequest, or dealing with/managing their own Subteam everybody is hard working. I really liked that graphic @Sven showed. For some staff members, you can see they are in the 10%. These are the ones responding to StaffRequest, and doing more things community-oriented that is open and that you can actually see getting done. Then the other 90% is like StM and similar subteams. They are all just as hard-working, just one you can't see every single piece of work that is being done. That doesn't make one better than the other, just one you can see really well, the other one you can't as well. Personally, I am not on any subteams at the moment however I and many other Staff Members all try their hardest. Before my promotion, I was responding to as many requests in StaffRequest I could do, however when I got promoted to mod it slowed down. This isn't because I've become lazy, or just don't have the motivation anymore, It's simply because I am doing more work below the tip of the iceberg. Ex. /reports: I truly wish I could respond to each and every one of them but as an example yesterday, I was busy but I still put in the same amount of time and effort as I would any other day. I worked until 1 am my time, and then woke up at 8:30 am my time to get right back on Mineplex and start working again. It makes me upset to see people are having experiences like this because I am truly pushing out all I can and I know most staff members are as well. Do I think some people could do better? Yes. But also at the same time, I don't know their story. Some people could be going through rough times, other people may be starting school, etc. I don't know, and neither do most people. We are human. We are working as hard as we can with our current situation.

Anyways, I just wanted to put my point of view from my standpoint, and I am sorry a lot of people on this thread have had experiences like this. I hope you all have a good day, and if you have a response that isn't so nice/on the positive side to this post I just made, please PM me and we can figure it out on a 1 on 1 basis.

Posted Aug 18, 2020
  19. I think that is a ridiculous stance to take about "Go kill yourself." You're telling me that people that say it without context to real life are just ignored/report declined? You're giving way too much of the benefit of the doubt to these players. By that logic, I could tell hundreds of people in game to kill themselves, but I would be totally fine because I didn't specify that I meant it in real life. That's stupid. The only time it should even be considered a false report is when a friend is asking another friend to die explicitly in game so they can queue up for another match. Why take this position when something like Filter Bypass is almost never taken as "oh it was a mistake" or "oh he didn't mean it like that" when "go kill yourself" is almost always taken like this?

Posted Aug 18, 2020
    ✨Aƚʅαɳɳαƈ✨ likes this.
  20. Nah bro. You're taking it to another level. Saying "go kill yourself" is always mutable. Most people don't like the current mute system now because indirectly telling somebody to do that warrants the same mute for saying that same sentence. And it is the judgement of the moderator, poor or just, nothing you can do about it.
    For example
    "Go Perish" warrants a mute based on the judgement of the mod
    "Please Die" warrants a mute based on the judgement of the mod
    "Please jump off an edge" warrants a mute based on the judgement of the mod
    "Please end his existence" warrants a mute based on the judgement of the mod
    "Just Die" warrants a mute based on the judgement of the mod
    "Burn in lava" warrants a mute based on the judgement of the mod
    "Die of fall damage" warrants a mute based on the judgement of the mod
    "I'm gonna kill you" warrants a mute based on the judgement of the mod
    Many other examples. All of these sentences could be talking about in-game, but many mods mute for them anyways.

Posted Aug 18, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.