• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10617 Players Online
  • 7727 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Staff Issues

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ✨Aƚʅαɳɳαƈ✨, Aug 7, 2020.

?

Should this be taken more seriously?

1. Yes, it needs to be taken a lot more seriously.

43 vote(s)
    66.2%
  2. No, its already taken very seriously.

22 vote(s)
    33.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The player could very well be talking about the game. We look for context and if that context isn't there in a report, it will be denied. Simple as that.

[​IMG]

True

Also true

No. They are saying that reports are not ignored and that they have lives outside of Mineplex so they cannot get to everything right away. And because they are volunteers, I tend to agree with that.

Our reports systems doesn't necessarily work like that. I can't say how it works, obviously, but that isn't right. Your report is never "ignored"

If you have proof, please message me and I can handle it.

Refer to the image I inserted previously

We do, we also don't want to falsely mute someone who could be very well talking about the game.

They aren't required to answer Staff Request because again they are volunteers and staff members may not want to respond some days. I won't force my mentees to do something they don't want to do.
    The report system works very well for our purposes. You don't get to see it as a community member but it gets the job done - albeit it may not be as fast as you'd hope.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  2. Like I said, literally I only meant the four staff! And some of those don't even address the whole team?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 7, 2020
  3. Hello <o/

Death wishes is definitely against the rules, and I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through this for the past few months. That being said there are a variety of ways to report this kind of thing. First, is by using StaffRequest. I would like to highlight however that staff aren't required to be in staffrequest nor help out within it. That being said, you should mainly using it to report hackers as it's likely they will continue, compared to chat offenses where the offender usually stops after breaking a rule once. This is what happens in the majority of cases discouraging staff to go to any chat offense reported in Staffrequest, and instead advising players to do a forum report or a /report. This is where you can use the /report command. This command is usually pretty efficient for chat offenses, with most being answered within one hour, at least in my experience. However, a report through /report is not guaranteed to be looked at, so the type of report I recommend most players to use is a Forum-Report. A forum report is a report on the forums that you can submit here. I highly suggest reading through the Report Guide to make sure your report is as detailed enough as possible, and to make it sure it meets all the criteria. The only downside to using a forum report is that it sometimes can take a while before it's looked at. So in the meantime you can always /ignore the player that is bothering you.

Regarding the rest of your post, as far as I know, /reports are randomly assigned to Moderators, with there being no particular order. That means one report submitted later could be looked at first before others. Perhaps this can be revamped, but I think the current system is fine as most chat reports are dealt with swiftly. There is always a reason a /report is denied, and you can always ask a Moderator to look at a certain report to learn more about the denial reason, for example there needs to be enough context to be said so that it doesn't mean an in-game death. That being said, I do believe that death wishes is something that should be taken way more seriously. Like you said, facing a bhopper or another hacker pales in the face of being told to suicide or commit other actions. Perhaps the chat filter can be improved to incorporate more of these phrases, since some not all are already filtered. Furthermore, perhaps the severity can be bumped up to a 3 / 4, as of right now, it's a 2 / 3. In addition, perhaps higher severity chat offenses should be first in the /report s queue. I'm not sure how else this issue can be combated as you can easily /ignore that player and then do the appropriate type of report, so I would like to see this idea discussed more.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
    WowCaleb, Polar8, hkq and 4 others like this.
  4. If you actually read what you said they do address the whole team. "A lot of staff need to wake up" This one's pretty clear. "That maybe staff really DONT understand the severity of this" This one is also clear but you're saying that staff as a whole don't take this stuff seriously. "I'm so sick of hearing that staff aren't required to be in StaffRequest or answer to the players" Once again you're saying staff in general. "I don't care if you're working on other subteams or any of that, please be more like TheJoshXGames" Lastly this one you're saying all staff should be like that. Those were just for context so you can see how your post truly comes across.

And like I've said so many times, if your sole goal in this post was to address those four staff members you would've just reported them. You posted this on the forums to address the fact that you think staff as a whole don't take this stuff seriously, and that's fine if that's your opinion, but don't sit here and say that's not what your goal is because that's what it directly comes across as.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
    ✨Aƚʅαɳɳαƈ✨ likes this.
  5. But if its "Go kill yourself" "Go suicide you're worthless" "Literally hang yourself. ROPE" I think that's pretty obvious its not meaning the game?
    Okay, I appreciate the clarification. I just found it to be odd that I waited 6 hours for one report and 2 others got accepted those 6 hours later. I guess it probably did get lost in the reports? I don't fully understand how the system works I guess
    i will keep this in mind, I didn't take any screenshots of this.
    Right right, I get that they don't have to be in it but this is severe, and it really can't take long. Players have no option to do anything in this matter. I mean, sure you could /ignore but for me, I can't do that because if they start attacking other players who will stand up for them? Guess thats why I'm a target which really sucks.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 7, 2020
  6. So the first one can mean the game. The other 2 are clearly not talking about the game. The first one requires more context.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  7. Okay well like I said several times, I'm sorry that it came across that way. I really only meant to direct it at the certain staff I talked to. One of them I talked to specifically told me to make a forums post, and so that's why I didn't report them or talk to their mentor. Sorry for any confusion

Can you give an example of more context? Or would that not be allowed

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 7, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 8, 2020
  8. I can't really do that :P but if they're really attempting to direct it at you as a person or refers to real life, then that usually is a solid indicator that they are not talking about the game

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  9. I said before I was sick of hearing staff shouldn't be required to be in staff request. I understand that and all, and I'm sorry I wasn't clear on this but my main point for that was several times when I reported peop-le for telling me to kms there have been staff on taking requests and going to servers for hackers. *This is not directed at all staff! I've only seen a few staff do this.

Thank you! Yes, I think making the severity higher would be beneficial. The chat bypass is already pretty strict, but making certain phrases relating to this would also be a great addition

Gotcha, thanks

OP OP
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 8, 2020
  10. well if they come over to your server they can't really see the messages before they joined the lobby, so it's obviously a waste of time if they cant get evidence. it's better for them to go deal with a hacker that's ruining someone's game. however, if the behaviour continues, feel free to ask again or use /report.
    i'd recommend /report for chat offences and staffrequest for hackers, but that's just what I think.

I believe they handle the most recent ones first as those are the ones that usually need the most attention

i'm going to stab u with my sword so you should go kill yourself before i have to

go kill yourself
    (next message, providing context) jump into the void

and of course, your first two examples as Sven said were sufficient for a punishment.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  11. Ah. I was told they get answered in order, which is what threw me off tbh

-snip- you told me to post this almost 12 hours ago. I believe you said "I'm not willing to discuss this any further here, anything else put it on the forums" Correct me if I'm wrong tho? I'm wondering if you ever saw this post? because I noticed there aren't any comments from you? Or maybe my forums account is broken? Pretty sure my forums account is broken tho, because I swear I remember seeing you comment on other posts today? Unless you totally missed it somehow...I'm certain I made it clear last night that I would be posting something tho.
    Tbh its a little unprofessional that you haven't said anything yet, especially since you told me to post this on here.
    If this is just some sort of mis-communication please let me know. I'd like to hear back from you since you didn't talk much last night.

OP OP
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 9, 2020
    mxry, xSebbie and ScarletBlood37 like this.
  12. There's a lot going on in here, so let's take a look at it piece by piece.

Our staff team here consists of over 100+ members. I apologize if you had a negative experience with a few of us, but generalizing the entire team based off of your experience of 4 members of the team simply is not fair to the rest of the hardworking staff members.

Well, sometimes they expire if a moderator was not able to check it quick enough. Not every single /report is looked at because staff members do have lives outside of the server. Reports do get checked, especially chat reports, but I will not guarantee that every single /report will be looked at because that just isn't true. The two statements that the staff member made do not contradict, they only explain why not every single report is looked at though a lot are. If your report gets denied, SAVE THE REPORT ID! A Moderator+ can then manually look up the report to see why it was denied for you! We're here to help.

This is a known bug if the players have switched servers. Please remain in the same server when doing a chat report on a player, as that is how the system currently works.

I'm going to be honest here: There is not much we can do about chat reports in StaffRequest. Once it's been said and there's not a staff member there, there's not a way for us to see what was said before in a lobby unless someone does a /report or reports it on the forums. For this reason, StaffRequest is inefficient for chat reports. Additionally, a staff member cannot manually handle your report. We handle them as the system assigns them to us; we don't pick them.

If you did a forum report, only a Reports Patrol member can handle the report. For this reason, it will take longer than a normal /report that any Moderator can handle. It is going to take some time, so this staff member was correct when saying to wait as there is nothing they could have done at that time since the chat offense was already broken without them being there to witness it.

I am not at all saying your situation is not important. However, it is extremely difficult to handle chat offenses when we don't witness it. If you did a /report, it could be looked at as well as a forums report. Because this is a forums report, taking 5 minutes should not be expected because that just isn't a fair amount of time. RP members need to manually go and check the reports on the forums, so staff not on RP/A cannot handle the report, so if you find them in-game and want them to handle a forum report, you're going to need to wait since there just isn't something they can do about that.

Again, once it has been said, it's out there. If a staff member missed it, coming from a StaffRequest report is not going to do much for the staff member since they can't go back into chat logs unless a report was made.

If someone is bhopping, they are much, much more likely to continue bhopping and allow the staff member to issue the according punishment. If it's just a chat offense, StaffRequest is not efficient for that for the reasons I said above.

Well, there is already a way for Moderators to handle /reports when they are available. Sending an alert every single time a report is made is not something I am a fan of since we are allowed to take a break and play games, too.

This is not true. However, Trainees are not able to handle /reports and there is not a way for us to manually handle a /report, as we need the system to assign it to us. There is not much we're able to do unless we manage to get the report assigned to us or you send in a forum report.

A majority (not ALL) chat /reports will be responded to before 6 hours. A forum report is different since you need a member of RP to handle it, so it will take longer.

Nobody is going to tell you that we do not take this seriously. However, it is a difficult situation for us to deal with since it is a chat offense and we were not able to directly gather the evidence for ourselves, so we need to rely on a chat /report or forum report, which takes time to get a response. Just because it takes a little bit of time to get a staff member to reply does not at all mean it is not crucial to us to help prevent.

If a member of RP is doing reports when they are being sent it, it might be taken care of quicker. However, there are times when there is not a person working on the reports so the initial report might take longer.

Finally, if you believe that this staff member is acting inappropriately, you can send in a ticket and it will be handled accordingly. Not every moderator will see every forum post, so creating one to call someone out is not going to end positively, and I ask that you not do that again as it is incredibly rude to do. Discussion of a topic is allowed on our forums, but attempting to directly call out a staff member is not.

Posted Aug 9, 2020
  13. The reason why reports are denied is if the evidence is insufficient. If somebody said "Onion die irl", then that is punishable, as they have wished death threats upon you. However, if they merely say "kill yourself", whilst it implies they may mean irl, some people could mean in-game, therefore meaning it isn't punishable. There are times where I've ran into situations where they ask me to kill myself, meaning to jump into the void. Staff members can't punish based upon this, as when people appeal they could just claim they were telling you to jump into the void in-game.

I hope this explains a little as to why staff members won't punish all the time for "Kill yourself" or similar things.

Posted Aug 9, 2020
    ✨Aƚʅαɳɳαƈ✨ likes this.
  14. As stated several times, I didn't mean to make it sound like I'm generalizing the entire staff team. I realize there are a lot of hardworking staff lmao

So everytime I make a chat report I should save the report ID? I mean, what if I log off before recieving a response? Would I still get an alert next time I get on? Even if I dont get back on for an entire week? I also feel like it'd be hard for me to keep track of all the numbers if this is the suggestion, because it really does happen quite frequentely.

Is there an update for this? This stuff triggers me so I like to have the comfort of switching servers if they are only targetting me, to avoid the spam of the messages. (As stated before I can't do /ignore because more often then not they move on to targetting other players)

Right. But it wouldn't work for staff to join the game using disguise, and then wait a few minutes to see if they say it again? Because most times they really don't stop after the one time.

I wish this would've been mentioned by the staff member I talked too. Because the way he talked about it made it sound like all moderators have access to it, and that "The reports go in order, so if yours took a little longer its because we had a lot of other reports come in before yours."

Sounds like, if I make a report and then a moderator comes to the server I can give them the report ID and they can look up the chat log?

This system I think should be updated asap. Because 6 hours gives them a lot of time to go around telling people to kill themselves. (Context is clear they mean irl)

I understand that. I just find it a bit interesting, that my general rudeness reports usually go pretty quick, like 1 hour MAX, but I mean, like you said, these reports are assigned to specific staff. But not gonna lie here, that doesn't really send a clear message of the staff's intention. Because no one ever explained to me that each staff get assigned to different reports. I doubt other players having a similar issue knew that either.
    So maybe instead of being told "You wait" or "There's nothing staff can do at the current time" I should've been explained how the system works?

But sir- its not really "Just a chat offense," is it? And yeah sure, the bhopper is more likely to continue bhopping, but my point is the more severe issue is the specific chat offense. Even for general rudeness this could be true. But for the general rudeness it really depends on whats said, since I know there are people who report for "Sweat, ez, noob," etc, and I know there's certain staff who will actually punish for that. If that's what's being said, yes, the hacker is priority. Honestly tho, more often then not the players really DON'T stop telling you to kill yourself.

My friend did something similar. Obviously it isn't going to get handled, because I was so shocked by his response to all of this I didn't even think to take screenshots. Not to mention I informed him that the subject was triggering me, and his answer of "You wait." was triggering me even more as well as some of the other answers he gave me.

And I'm not gonna lie, the fact that he really, SERIOUSLY told me, "You wait." Made me feel awful about the situation, like it was MY fault somehow that the report took so long and I'm upset about it. He could've said so many other things that would've sounded more professional/not as rude.

Yeah, I can see how this is rude, but uh, as mentioned in my comment, I was told that, "I'm not willing to discuss this here any further, anything else should be on the forums." So that literally told me it was fine to make a post on this. I've had issues with other staff on this subject, (As said at the start of the post) but I was most disappointed with this one. Yeah, I get how it can come off across as rude, but this IS an issue that needs to be addressed, and really. I found his response to me to be very rude, and ignorant.

Lmfao as stated before he literally told me to post any other comments/concerns I had about the topic since he wasn't willing to discuss it anymore over mineplex. But alright. I'm not gonna say that I won't do it again, but I will say it will only happen again if I have another severe issue with a staff member, and had forgetten to take screenshots.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply, I just wish it was the staff member who told me to post it and said they would look at it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 9, 2020
  15. Staff members have gave you many reasons to any concerns you may have, and I personally agree with them.

Staff members agree that suicide is never a joke, and if a player tells another player to kill themselves it's a horrible thing. Staff would look at if the message was directed towards the game or to a person and punish if they are not referring to dying in-game.

I don't think you should make a forum post about how some staff don't like answering reports. Since you are referring to the few staff members you reported your incidents too as you said at the end of your post. If you are willing to see the rules, which are what the guidelines of incidents are based off of, you can read them here.

Moderators are human, and they could've made a mistake. Feel free to either ask the moderators why they denied your report, since you know who they specifically are. You could also go ahead and make a ticket about them at mineplex.com/tickets if you ever so please.

But again, I know that you have just had a negative experience and it may make the staff team look bad because of what you've seen. But moderators volunteer time to help players out, and sometimes staff requests aren't answered because staff also do behind the scenes work that you may not know about.

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have had and hopefully you have a better experience with staff members. I can tell you that all staff love the community and don't like to hear that you've had horrible experiences, have a great day!

Posted Aug 9, 2020
    • General Rudeness
    Wait I thought robots couldn't make mistakes, tf?

EDIT: I forgot about GWEN.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 9, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 10, 2020
  16. So, death wishes are against the rules which we are taught to enforce as staff members. A staff member should be doing something in this scenario, if not, then they aren't doing their job as a staff member. If you ever come across a situation were a staff member is not doing their duty, please report them to a member of Staff Management or create a ticket on them at www.mineplex.com/tickets. Now, keep in mind that this subject is a little dark to talk about, and someone might not want to discuss it (which is understandable and could be the reason why you received the answers that you did). But overall, I can assure you that the staff team as a whole is making sure to provide the appropriate punishment to people who do this.

Honestly, this is extremely sad, no one in their right mind should be telling anyone to kill themselves, no matter what they did, I don't feel there is anyone out there that deserves to die. The fact that you've been told to kill yourself this amount of times is extremely terrible, I'm truly sorry that you've had to endure this all. As for the reporting aspect of this, any reports with sufficient evidence of death wishes should be punished, so perhaps the evidence you provided needed more context or was just insufficient whatsoever. But as a member of the reports patrol, I can assure you none of these reports are getting ignored, keep in mind that there are a lot of reports each day, so you may not receive the quickest reply, but you will eventually be given a response.

I don't necessarily think this is the issue, people like this will tell anyone something like that. Now even though it's just a mute, it does prevent this person from doing any further damage to anyone. That's not exactly true, yes we not always be available as we have a life outside of Mineplex, but I'm sure some staff member will be able to take care of this issue, because this is very serious and is more important than punishing a hacker in my opinion.

This staff member is correct, they may not have explained it the best way but reports do not get ignored, they may not be answered right away but that doesn't mean they are ignored. Reports Patrol members try to process reports that are older, but sometimes they may go to more recent ones, it more ore less depends who is online at the time.

/report for chat reports only works if the player is in the game with you. As for reporting in staffrequest, this isn't the best way to report someone, as staff members aren't required to be in or respond to staffrequest. Reporting on the forums is probably the best way to go, I'm sorry that it took so long for your report to be accepted though. Unfortunately there really isn't a way to insure your report is accepted faster, I suppose yeah you just have to wait, although simply stating "you wait" really isn't the appropriate response to that question. Despite the situation being very important to handle, there might not always be a reports patrol member online to go through the reports, so it's an unfortunate factor of forum reports. Now, yes someone can easily kill themselves the moment they are told to do so, but being online you have to have a thick skin as things like this are to be expected, we can't really do anything to stop people from saying these things besides punishing them if we come across them.

Okay, I don't really understand where this is coming from. Staff members do think this is an issue, we are human beings with actual feelings, of course we understand the severity of this. As for your next point, that's all up to the context of what is said, if we believe it's referring to dying in the game, we won't do anything about it, if we think it's directed towards real life we will doing something about this. So yeah, you're correct we are talking about people killing themselves, it shouldn't be happening.

I'm not sure where you're getting "a lot of staff" from, we know how to handle these situations and will if we see something like this happening. StaffRequest is honestly not the best place to report people, for other reasons, but if you feel it works better for you, then yeah, go ahead and report these people, to which I believe this issue should be dealt with. I agree with you, someone about to kill themselves is so more important than a hacker in a block game.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, not everyone wants to receive notifications for this, as there are a ton of reports that happen each day. I wouldn't be opposed for a special place for reports like this, but in all honesty the forums are probably a better way to report these things. But regardless, I strongly believe that the staff team understands these types of situations and know how to deal with them.

I do agree with you that this is a very serious topic, but I'd say that the staff team does a pretty good job with things like this.

Posted Aug 9, 2020
  17. No, you do not need to save it for every single report you make. However, if you find that a /report is rejected and you think it should have been accepted, you can save the report ID and ask a moderator about it. I do want to let you know that sometimes we accidentally click reject on the report instead of accept on accident; the players are still correctly punished but you might be sent the wrong message as a result.

It's an issue and we're not given an ETA as to when issues get fixed. I apologize about that.

Most staff do not have disguise. I am going to assume you mean vanish instead. While, yes, they might continue, it is not going to be instantaneous to seeing it as it usually is when someone is hacking (like bhopping around). If we do see it happen, we will mute them, but since we cannot guarantee it to continue (and since often times it simply does not), we rely on people sending in reports for us to catch it.

They can; however, they cannot deal with the report manually since they have not had it assigned to them, for they can only re-review the chat logs.

Again, as I said in my post above, this was for a forum report. Most chat reports are dealt with much, much quicker than that. I suggest using those to report a chat report since they are usually dealt with quickly and efficiently.

You've indicated that this was the response from one specific moderator on one specific day. When we handle /reports, we don't see the reason for reporting until we get the report itself, so it is simply a coincidence that your general rudeness reports are getting handled faster than the others. As for wanting an explanation on how the system works, I'm just going to be honest and say that saying what I did in my entire forum post above and in this one would be practically impossible to go over in-game when the staff member also has to moderate the server if you're in a lobby etc. If you want that exact moderate to respond further, contacting them is going to get you further than trying to write a forum post "exposing" them. However, if the response you believe was inappropriate, you can send in a ticket and it will be dealt with accordingly.

If the players do not stop telling you this, we have several systems to report players efficiently. As loads of players have said above me, it is much better to use StaffRequest for hacking offenses and then leave /report for chat offenses. While some staff members might check out the chat report you put in StaffRequest, they will only stay for so long watching chat for them to do it again. If they have waited for a long time and nothing has happened, it does not make sense for them to stay when the same pattern of nothing is likely to continue.

If there is no evidence, then it essentially becomes your word against the Moderators. You can still send in a ticket regarding this if you would like to. It is in no way your fault that it took a few hours for your report to be answered, but it also not the staff members fault here since we do not manually pick our /reports and forum reports can only be responded to by a specific group of people. Once you have sent in the report, the moderator is still correct in saying that waiting for the report to be dealt with is the best way to continue taking action against the player who said what you have described.

Finding one person's response rude is understandable, especially in this situation. However, creating forum posts to directly attempt to call them out (not discuss as they said, calling out is different) is not something we tolerate on the forums. Constructive criticisms is welcomed and encouraged, not just targeting specific staff.

Posted Aug 9, 2020
  18. You caused me to choke while reading this-
    What does that even mean
    I hope you're joking about this

"We rely on people sending in reports for us to catch it"
    I am literally SO glad I get to help out the staff team without even being on it!! Literally my dream since I started mineplex was to apply for staff!1!1 I'm so glad I can help out, and I know many players feel the exact same! <3

As stated before, I did do /report. I wont go into more detail with this statement because I try not to be repitive :)

Also as stated before, I did try to privately message -snip-, and he told me to make this post.

Yeah I think everyone here can agree this is totally fair in every way possible <3

Side note: Jacvb, I really appreciate you stepping in and responding for -snip-! Coolest staff award totally goes to you! <3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 10, 2020
  19. Jayboi

Jayboi
    x

This is a horrible issue. Although I have never experienced it my best friend has been told to kill himself 100 times within a month. Just because he has ABC. Legit 2 people got muted for it. This is such an issue and I feel as if mineplex staff are not taking this as seriously as they should

Posted Aug 10, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.