• 1354 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6242 Players Online
  • 4888 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Staff does not reply to our issues anymore

Discussion in 'Creative Housing' started by IronAndrew11, May 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yo, even the simplest of replying to our concerns, is what makes a good staff. Not even one single staff replied to our concerns for the past threads, not one. And still yett has no update wgen they will fix Creative housing. Pleasee respondd or do something

Posted May 10, 2020
  2. Exactly, the housing is gonna get abandoned if the problems aren't gonna get fixed :I
    It would be nice to get info how the fixing is going. (If it's working)

Posted May 10, 2020
  3. Posting on threads ln this won't do anything, most creative housing bugs are known so it hopefully will be resolved soon, it's usually unknown when they will fix it. Report bugs at mineplex.com/bugs so it can be known by QA.

Posted May 10, 2020
    noteross likes this.
  4. It’s just a matter of patience.

Posted May 22, 2020
  5. I think that most of the threads are going unanswered simply because the staff team don't have an answer, and no one person should be reliable for coming up with an answer, when in reality they just don't know.

The staff which that you will find responding to threads on this forum (trainees and moderators), aren't the people who decide when updates go live or when a fix for a bug will head into development. For the most part, the general staff team are introduced to these updates alongside the community, or moments beforehand.

The people that can give you an answer are on the Leadership Team. However, these individuals are always swamped with work so there isn't always time in their day to respond to threads. I understand that it is frustrating to see things like this happen, but I am sure fixing creative housing is somewhere on their list, much like @Lord Melae said, it's just a matter of patience.

Posted May 22, 2020
    HeyItsTay_ likes this.
  6. The most you can do is report the bug on here -> https://www.mineplex.com/bugs-game

After that, it will be reviewed by a member of Bedrock Quality Assurance (it won't be skipped over, although you may or may not receive a message on the bug report), and depending on the workflow of the development team, the bugfix should be pushed in a future update.

I don't know how knowledgeable you are regarding the way things work on the forums here (not judging you if you aren't too familiar), but essentially, no one really knows for sure if things suggested or reported on the forums really get implemented unless they are executed by normal staff member (for example, reports on players that are dealt with by moderators or sr. mods on the Reports Patrol). Alongside this transparency issue and the general inefficiency of the forums, the staff members won't (and can't) do too much to help you with issues like these because they don't have the power for that. They can help regarding general knowledge, some can deal with your appeal or your ticket, but it's understandable that you haven't figured out a way to navigate through the mess on your own.

Posted May 23, 2020
  7. Yea I get it, patience does matter, but that doesn't you gotta abuse our patience. 3 months is understandable, but almost a year is not. We players act as customers, they keep us satisfied so we could stay, and tbh, Im really enjoying myself in Mineplex. But the fact that how big Mineplex is as a server, and does not have the guts to respond even the to simplest of questions or issues, is unexcusable. A good staff team always replies no matter how busy or fully booked they are. Ik they have irl stuff to do but its not an excuse for them not to respond because of how many staff members there are in this single server. I do not have full knowledge about forums here, Idk who the staffs are. But a simple response to any of our concerns is the outmost way of showing respect to us back. Even if their reply contains a few words regarding the issue, idc, as long as you respond to our concerns. Even if our issues are the same at is, you gotta respond still, no matter if its over and over again. Im not tryna abuse anything or make it irritating, we just want our concerns to be heard. Thank you. I hope u understand

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 23, 2020
  8. To be clear, staff members do respond. If you’ve taken a look around the forums, Mods and Trainees are actively responding to threads and answering questions every day. As long as the thread isn’t heavily political, you will see a staff response 90% of the time. Reports are a little different because strictly RP processes player reports and strictly QA answers bug reports. You must understand that many bug and player reports are submitted every day, sometimes faster than the speed at which they are answered, and staff prioritizes the older reports. Nonetheless, as a former member of both RP and QA, I can confidently say that it will never take more than a month or two for your report to be answered so long as you post in the appropriate section (www.mineplex.com/bugs, www.mineplex.com/reports) and not anywhere else on the forum. Depending on how backed up the reports are, you may receive a response within a couple days. However, I guarantee you nothing will be done about a bug if it’s reported on ‘server discussion’ or something of the like. Once your report is processed, it’s a matter of the Devs getting around to it, who have their hands full, so it still may take a long time for the bug to be addressed, but it’s not a matter of staff response time. I know is frusterating to see an issue persist for so long, but the development field is something Mineplex needs to improve at the moment. Lastly, please understand that staff here are volunteers. They are not working Mineplex as a full time job, almost all of them are occupied with school and/or jobs.

Posted May 23, 2020,
    Last edited May 23, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  9. Yes I do understand they dont work full time, or they are volunteers. But as a staff, you do your job, volunteer or not. There are no excuses, yes you may be a volunteer, but you are still part of the staff team. You have a task. This staff members didnt apply to do nothing. I understand they have things irl yes, but again, it still their task to respond to us. Im not mad at anyone, im just stating out my opinion, cause if this keeps going on mineplex, they might loose players, and I for sure dont want that to happen. Thank you

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 24, 2020
  10. Sorry to hear you're been experiencing that. Yes, as staff members, we do have the responsibility of interacting with the community and answering concerns. However, there's more to being a staff member then just responding to players on the forums as well as the forums aren't suited for everyone. Some staff members may not be as enthusiastic about posting on the forums but excel at handling massive amounts of reports or handling difficult situations in-game. Other times, it's the opposite. Do understand that what goes on in our real lives takes a higher priority over our staff duties even though we are volunteers. We're trying to do the best we can to help the server in our free time. We do try to answer every concern though, sometimes we might not see your post or do not have the answer to the question at the time, but we do try our best to answer in a timely manner!
    As mentioned above, forwarding the issue to our bug tracker at mineplex.com/pebugs is the best way to getting the developers to fix the issue. It's definitely on their todo list, they aren't ignoring your reports.
    Again, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully we can rectify that in the future!

Posted May 24, 2020,
    Last edited May 24, 2020
  11. Okay thanks, finally. Its okay, I understand. As long as my concerns are addressed :))

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 24, 2020
    DaPBillk likes this.
  12. Greetings!

Like @DaPBillk said there is more to being a Staff Member then just responding to threads. Each of us have different types of jobs/tasks here at Mineplex like Reports Patrol, Forums Ninja [Appeals], and QA [Bug Reports]. We do have an update coming up very soon for the Bedrock server [I don't have an ETA]. Hopefully these creative housing bugs will be fixed it in. If you find any bugs you can report this over at www.mineplex.com/bugs. I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread as your concerns have been addressed.

Thread Locked - Concerns Addressed

- GuardianInASuit | Your Friendly Mineplex Guardian​

Posted May 24, 2020
    DaPBillk and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.