• 997 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9164 Players Online
  • 8167 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Staff abuse

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Blazette, Mar 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Do you guys think some staffs abuse their powers? I feel like they are able to get away with cheating and being unfair just cause they are. This isn’t helping the server just making it look worst being this way. (and you know who you are)

Posted Mar 1, 2021
  2. did u make this post cuz u got kicked by sven in sr

Posted Mar 1, 2021
    anthxny, Melnie, scarlands and 2 others like this.
  3. I personally think that some staff members are not contributing too much to the server, to me, they look like players that applied just to use game mode 1 in lobby-1 and build things. But not all are like that, there are some really good staff members on the server.

Posted Mar 1, 2021
    anthxny, BINGUSLOVER27 and mab8400 like this.
  4. For me they're always doing as best as they can to help out and contribute.

Posted Mar 1, 2021
    unsearching likes this.
  5. Most of the staff members i see throughout the day are in lobby-1 using gm 1 and building things while there are many unhelped players throughout the whole server.

Posted Mar 1, 2021
  6. pretty sure he kicked me just to be toxic

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 1, 2021
  7. Did you report it? And do you have any proof that there was no reason to be kicked?

Posted Mar 1, 2021
  8. reporting staff is like reporting to a wall, pointless effort and a waste of time

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 1, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and mab8400 like this.
  9. You do realize that SR kicks are public and are very easy to see? There'd be serious backlash if you got kicked for nothing, literally everyone can see a kick

Posted Mar 1, 2021
    anthxny likes this.
  10. I don't agree personally. Staff members are voluntarily helping out on the server and what you may deem as 'unfair' is actually them doing their job. For the cheating aspect, if you think a staff member is cheating (or acting unfairly for that matter) you always have the right to report them at mineplex.com/support with evidence or contact someone higher up, found at mineplex.com/staff to chat to them about your problem/s. While that may not be what you want to hear, It's more constructive than making threads which won't sort the issue/s you have out.

Posted Mar 1, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  11. people get randomly kicked all the time; usually due to breaking the rules. people do backlash often and ask "why was player123 kicked?" but for this instance there wasn't anything said afterwards based on what I saw- nor did i see the player say anything in chat beforehand that would deem a kick

Posted Mar 1, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  12. A staff member was teaming with another player to kill me in ssm solos, then when I said “I thought staff would have more morals” insta kick,no warning or anything, very unreasonable to excuse to kick someone other than to abuse your power to pour more salt into the wound.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 1, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Mar 1, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and mab8400 like this.
  13. the staff member they are mentioning is a higher up lmfao

Posted Mar 1, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  14. That's obvious staff corruption, but I highly doubt they would do both of those things. You probably got kicked for something that you typed in the past, and nearly everyone teams/spectates/targets so no problems there!

Posted Mar 1, 2021,
    okDamien likes this.
  15. you can always talk to the Admin that is in charge of the whole staff team. Report the staff member to their higher up.

Posted Mar 1, 2021,
    okDamien likes this.
  16. Heya!

Staff "abusing" their perms is something that is very often misused when a player thinks their punishments are either unjustified or down to bias. So if you've had a punishment that you think it false, feel free to appeal it at mineplex.com/appeals and if you think you've been the victim of a bias punishment or a Staff member actually abusing their perms, please create a support ticket at mineplex.com/support

Staff are not allowed to get away with hacking on the server, or breaking any rules of any kind. So again, if you gather evidence of that then please create a support ticket at the link I provided. Additionally, if you know the Staff member's mentor/admin then feel free to send them a message. If it's a Trainee/Mod then you can find out who their mentors are here and if it's a Sr.Mod then you can check who their Admin is here.

Any further questions feel free to message me

Posted Mar 1, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 and Amg like this.
  17. As said above, if you have any evidence against a Staff Member who is "Abusing" their powers, or if you feel that they are not carrying out their responsibilities and/or duties as a Staff Member properly, the appropriate place to report them is by creating a Support Ticket here. Making a thread and voicing your concerns about the Staff Team/how a Staff Member handled a situation, isn't the appropriate place to do so, and should be done in a Ticket. In addition, you're more than welcome to report to the Staff Members Supervisor/Admin to inform them of the issue you have with their Staff Member.

Personally, this is inaccurate. Even if you feel that Staff are being "lazy," I can tell you that there are various quotas that are in place requiring us to maintain and/or meet activity in several different parts of the Network. If we do not meet those certain quotas, there are consequences that follow. Staff really do a lot behind the scenes, and while it may not seem like it, we do.

I know I can't speak for other Staff Members on the team in their reasons for applying for Staff, but I can certainly tell you that gaining building perks on a small island in a lobby is nowhere included in any reason why I applied for Staff. I applied because I genuinely wanted to help the community in any possible way in my free time, and I am sure that's one of the most common reasons for anyone applying.

I am not a Staff Request Officer, but I can assure you that there are several things that could warrant a kick. Breaking the rules in Staff Request is certainly one of the biggest reasons. Sometimes, random people getting kicked without anything being said could be issues seen from a Forum Report or /report. In my opinion, these actions shouldn't have to be explained when someone gets kicked.

I will be locking the thread, as it does not promote positive discussion, however if you have any further questions and/or concerns, feel free to reach out to me.

Thread Locked | Thread does not Promote Positive Discussion.

Posted Mar 1, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.