• 3083 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10987 Players Online
  • 7904 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[SSM] "Wacky Town" by MrFerf and Tirdle

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by MrFerf, Mar 29, 2020.

?

How does the map look so far?

1. Great

23.1%
  2. Good

53.8%
  3. Meh

15.4%
  4. Bad

7.7%
  5. Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hey folks. My friend Tirdle and I teamed up to build an SSM map with a cartoon feel. The map has six main areas and a few tiny islands to bridge the gaps.

We've got a bit more work to do before we're ready to submit (specifically with the bottom terrain) but we're open to any and all suggestions, including names.

Here's a link to some screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/zBYH5ve. What do y'all think?

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    MUTEDGANGCLAY likes this.
  2. this map is so creative and cute!! :D amazing job dude, i don't play SSM but id love to see it in-game!

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  3. Hey! I like this build so far! Visually, It is very pleasing to the eye. The wool is a nice change of pace to some other maps that we have in SSM. You should consider the possibility of building something in the sky, not for gameplay, but for style. The detail you put into this is incredible.

As far as gameplay goes, you need to decide where to put the smash crystal. It is a 3x3 structure, so keep that in mind. In addition, I think that there is a lot of clutter on the ground, which might make it hard to traverse quickly. It's a flat map with many tall buildings, which will make it prone to camping. It might be hard for longer range kits. Overall, a great map! Keep up the good work.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  4. Hey!

This build is really good! I like that you took effort to make this and it looks very pleasing to play on, if it were to be accepted as a map. It's visually appealing, which is one factor that makes this map good. I would suggest something among the lines of "Woolly World" or something like that. Wacky Town is also a good choice too! Best of luck with your map submitance and I hope to see this get accepted! I'm sure I with other players would love to play on it one day! Good luck with your future builds and I am looking forward to see you make more!

Regards,
    Sacred

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  5. I really like the concept presented here, it's a very interesting build. The use of vibrant colors does indeed give it the cartoonish feel you're going for, however there are a few things you should watch out for while maintaining your theme. The map appears to mostly be level, as opposed to many SSM maps that incorporate a more dynamic height variance with either significantly raised or lowered parts as opposed to islands that take place either at the same height or almost at the same height. I would also recommend for (as an aesthetic choice) you to make color themes more noticeable in each sector, as giving each island its own distinct theme color / primary color used would add to the dynamicism of the build. Overall, however, I really like the concept you have and am interested in seeing where it goes!

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  6. A lot of spots would be considered too campy for the map, the map has to go through and accepted by ssm gi and they have been against much less campy places than this, just tall structures overall are seen as a negative, especially the lighthouse and middle structure. I would also say reduce the length of gaps between the void as some kits like Iron Golem will have extreme difficulty getting over them. Also "donut" maps are tended to not be liked since some kits like spider can run forever, and aren't seen as the most creative layout for an ssm map. Overall I like the theme it can be made better. It seems extremely good for a ranged kit like skeleton or even how most skeletal horses play.

Posted Apr 12, 2020
  7. I love the theme for this SSM map, it's quite unique and I don't think I've seen a build like this on Mineplex maps before. I think it does fit the SSM theme also, but I think it could use a few more little islands dotted around the map, or some underground/overhead builds to bounce onto. Good job so far though, I can't wait to see what you add to the map!

Posted Apr 12, 2020