• 1495 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8072 Players Online
  • 6577 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Ssm update

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Blazette, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Does anyone know if this game mode will have an update at some point? I almost never see any news about it.

Posted Sep 22, 2020
  2. 2.5 years down the line. Not looking likely. Nothing is scheduled at least.

Posted Sep 22, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  3. They once announced kit leveling and already did early implementations to prepare, then it got removed.

Was like 5 years back.

Posted Sep 22, 2020
  4. Hey!!

I don’t think a SSM update is coming out soon- the server is based in 1.8.9 and the new mobs were added for higher version. While Mineplex does support higher versions, it’s set to be a 1.8.9 server. I don’t see an SSM update happening anytime soon due to community liking 1.8.9 PvP style and it’d anger a lot of people if we changed it. There are plug-ins that mimic the PvP style but it’s not the same due to it just being a mimic. I hope this cleared things up a bit! If you have any suggestions on what to add to the game you can click here or if you want to suggest a new kit, click here.

Have a great day!

Posted Sep 24, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  5. There was a ssm update planned for a long time now but still nothing changed.

Posted Sep 24, 2020
  6. I agree with this. Adding kits like ocelot, silverfish and endermite would be a good update :sigils:.

Posted Sep 25, 2020
  7. Ocelot would be an interesting concept to add. It could be a third kit in the line of Directional Jump kits.

However, I can't see Silverfish or Endermite ever seeing inclusion due to their ridiculously small hitbox and their lack of innovation. Not only that but both Silverfish and Endermite would be essentially the same from a gameplay stand point making them "echofighters". Not something I feel is necessary in the game

Posted Sep 25, 2020
  8. SSM is definitely going to get an update. It's already in the works for sure! SoonTM!

Posted Sep 25, 2020
    73GG likes this.