• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10189 Players Online
  • 7299 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SSM Tutorial

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Blazette, Jun 3, 2020.

1. I feel like ssm needs a tutorial mode or something. I see a lot of new players just sitting around or running about not knowing what to do while everyone else is vigorously in combat blowing them away. But knowing the very very little updates SSM gets I have little hope for this.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  2. A few people I know play SSM and while I think it would be a fun game to get into there is so much to take in when you play. It is not only what each kits do and how to effectively use them but also how kits hold up against other kits e.g. what kit is gonna have an advantage/disadvantage with your choosen kit. However, it is one of those things that tutorials can't really teach. The premise of the game is fairly simple, the main reason people sit on the sides (from experience) is because they know they aren't the best and going head first in to any fight is just gonna get them killed. While it would be nice to have a tutorial you can click or hover over the items in your inventory in game or preffarably lobby and they tell you what each of your abilities are, I think that is as good as your gonna get when it comes to tutorials. (:

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    0775 likes this.
  3. I would also add that it's important to target creeper players. You can't let them ruin the match. Doing so will make things better for the whole match.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    jis and JusticeDeBouwer like this.
  4. Yeah, when I see the creeper I'm doing like it's a 1vs1, I just attack him and nobody else. Even when other players are attacking me I just attack them once and chase the creeper again.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    jis likes this.
  5. Thread Moved to Game Alterations

There actually used to be a "tutorial" mode type gamemode called SSM training. It was basically one huge map where you would get infinite respawns and could change your kit at any point during the game. Smash crystals used to spawn from time to time as well and the only way for the game to end was either when it ran out of time or when all players left. I'm not exactly sure what was the reason behind its removal, but it got deleted in February 2018 when most of the other games also got removed so I assume it was because the game wasn't just popular enough. I wouldn't mind if the training gamemode came back, but as @Palidity said, it's really hard to make a tutorial that teaches you everything for a game such as SSM because of how many different tactics and strategies it includes, not to mention the variety of many different kits and playstyles. I'm not sure if we'll ever get to see it again on the network but I wouldn't be against it at all if it was to be readded back.

Posted Jun 4, 2020